• Oct 17th, 2017 1:27 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1457 posts
609 upvotes
Hamilton
Redmask wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 1:04 pm
What is all of the lootbox stuff I've heard about this? Unimportant, annoying, just silly, etc? I haven't really kept up on it but people on reddit are really pissed.

I'm confused why the game would have them at all, its a singleplayer game that you pay full price for still, right? Or did they add some weird F2P stuff?
So far reports sound like it can be ignored without any impediment to gameplay. I'll chime in again when I have a better handle of the game.

It sounds like it would affect the multiplayer and very endgame? I remember dragon age inquisition had micro transactions for the multiplayer that in no way affected my enjoyment of the game, so i HOPE it turns out to be something like that.

As always, vote with your wallet by not buying anything lol. If noone buys then they'll stop doing it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5872 posts
743 upvotes
Grimsby
Hmm ok. I guess I will just backburner this for awhile and see how it pans out. To be honest the idea that they're putting them into SP games I'm paying full price for is really alarming. Like they are gating content I already paid for. At least with DLC its being added later. Just seems really...sleazy.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1457 posts
609 upvotes
Hamilton
Anyone who's about to start I would recommend playing on Nemesis difficulty. This is really cranked up from Shadow of Mordor in that fights are actually challenging. Really liking it so far.
Nov 27, 2003
669 posts
135 upvotes
Cool, a little place to chat about the game. I had totally forgotten about this one, but I happened to be in Best Buy a couple days after it released, and I Googled for reviews... I almost didn't pick it up with all of the backlash about the microtransactions, but I loved Shadow of Mordor (one of my all time favs), so I said f*ck it.

Glad I did, this game is excellent (at least from my first impression going through Act I)! If you enjoyed the first, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't enjoy this one. I'm only on Act II, so perhaps my opinion will change, if it ends up being needlessly grindy (to encourage microtransactions). I do not intend to buy anything with real money... ~$90 was enough. I like to do all of the side quests, item finds, etc. so hopefully that will be enough to gain enough XP, cool items, etc.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1457 posts
609 upvotes
Hamilton
Finding and fighting the Orcs is probably the best part of the game. I'm not sure why you would pay to do that.