Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 2, 2008
595 posts
6 upvotes
Brampton

Midnight Door Crashers @ Future Shop - Dec.26

do you think it is worth it to be inline waiting to get a ps3?
i know they sometimes do hourly doorcrashing deals...
whats your out look on lining up just for a ps3, buying some games, and some blu rays..

im looking for YOUR opinion!
thanks in advance my fellow RFDers
"We all love to get more BANG for our BUCK, God Bless RedFlagDeals.Com for getting us all more BANGING for our BUCKS"
26 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2293 posts
136 upvotes
Ottawa
ryanzahreddine wrote:
Dec 20th, 2008 12:07 am
do you think it is worth it to be inline waiting to get a ps3?
i know they sometimes do hourly doorcrashing deals...
whats your out look on lining up just for a ps3, buying some games, and some blu rays..

im looking for YOUR opinion!
thanks in advance my fellow RFDers
Well, it all depends if you really want a PS3 or not.

~V79~
[OP]
Oct 2, 2008
595 posts
6 upvotes
Brampton
i really wanna get one.
imm gonna just not knowing where or what deal..

trying to get more bang for my buck..
"We all love to get more BANG for our BUCK, God Bless RedFlagDeals.Com for getting us all more BANGING for our BUCKS"
Oct 3, 2008
362 posts
108 upvotes
Canada
yea i think its worth wating, just pull up do a drive by and run into the stores ahead of everyne else :P

some people died at walmart in america from being trampled on becaues of all the good deals on black friday, so be careful :lol:
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2293 posts
136 upvotes
Ottawa
GRANDISON wrote:
Dec 20th, 2008 12:18 am
yea i think its worth wating, just pull up do a drive by and run into the stores ahead of everyne else :P

some people died at walmart in america from being trampled on becaues of all the good deals on black friday, so be careful :lol:
Eaaaaaaasy there... I don't think Canadians are that crazy/stupid/uncivilized yet. Besides, with our luck, we'll be stuck under 40cm of snow on Boxing Day morning, making it virtually impossible to stampede anyone. :lol:

~V79~
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2007
1357 posts
72 upvotes
Milton
People line up on Christmas night for the Boxing day sales. I went once at like 4 or 5 am and the lineup was huge, we had to wait over an hour after they opened b4 we got to the front of the line to be let in.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7208 posts
583 upvotes
mjjrules wrote:
Dec 20th, 2008 1:58 am
People line up on Christmas night for the Boxing day sales. I went once at like 4 or 5 am and the lineup was huge, we had to wait over an hour after they opened b4 we got to the front of the line to be let in.
Yup. Last year I went to BB Eglinton/Laird, saw a few ppl in line at about 1am so I joined them. The lineup didn't start getting crazy until about 3-4am, most ppl came right at the end. It was kinda nice though...went on a few coffee runs, ppl held other peoples place in line, the starbucks in the plaza opened at 2am to let ppl use the bathrooms and get hot drinks, etc. It could have been way worse..
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Deal Guru
May 14, 2007
14818 posts
1732 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
Happy13178 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2008 2:07 am
Yup. Last year I went to BB Eglinton/Laird, saw a few ppl in line at about 1am so I joined them. The lineup didn't start getting crazy until about 3-4am, most ppl came right at the end. It was kinda nice though...went on a few coffee runs, ppl held other peoples place in line, the starbucks in the plaza opened at 2am to let ppl use the bathrooms and get hot drinks, etc. It could have been way worse..
+1 i was at fs warden & hwy7, got there at 1:30am. Right when the doors open random people who werent in line rushed from the parking lot striaght into the store, that angered some of those who where like first in line. btw if you get there right when they open you wont have to line up since all the people in that line has already gone in the store. but that wont gurantee you'll get those doorcrasher items you want...lol
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7208 posts
583 upvotes
Matrixvibe wrote:
Dec 20th, 2008 2:18 am
+1 i was at fs warden & hwy7, got there at 1:30am. Right when the doors open random people who werent in line rushed from the parking lot striaght into the store, that angered some of those who where like first in line. btw if you get there right when they open you wont have to line up since all the people in that line has already gone in the store. but that wont gurantee you'll get those doorcrasher items you want...lol
We had groups of people, and some took turns sitting in their cars to keep warm, but if they were there all night, nobody complained except the people at the back who thought they just arrived.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Nov 30, 2006
548 posts
22 upvotes
Last year the store employees came out and gave tags to everyone who was waiting to buy. This was good in theory, however some of the workers ran to the back of the line where their buddies were and gave them the tags.

I was 10th or so in line and didn't get a tag for something so I asked for the manager who was outside and said that it was impossible for me not to get a tag since there were 10 of this item, and not everyone in front of me wanted one. He just gave me a piece of paper with a note on it and his name and said oh well, someone in the back isn't going to get one.

So, watch out for sneaky employees.

As for the PS3... it all depends on what you consider the Time-Value of your money. Some people may look at it and say... well, I have to line up for 7 hours, lose my sleep, be out in the cold and face a stampede to save $40 on a PS3? One guy last year was 11th in line and he bought an Ipod and walked out... he saved $5 and lined up at 2am.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2004
2149 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
I rather work the boxing day and make time and a half and buy the same products on sale in the new year.
"Our lives are defined by opportunities. Even the ones we miss."
Jun 22, 2006
313 posts
36 upvotes
cmge wrote:
Dec 20th, 2008 10:08 am
isnt it better to wait til all the boxing day deals are online?
Have you tried using FS/BB's website during boxing week? :lol:
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2003
1603 posts
138 upvotes
Hampton
Every year BB and FS try a different variation on how to bring a server down. Last year was probably the worst yet - they introduced a queuing system which theoretically put you in an electronic line up for checkout but in practice would randomly throw you off the site and lose everything in your cart. I am fascinated to see what fiasco they can dream up this year - personally I prefer the "server crawls, everyone hits F5 like crazy and you take pot luck on whether you get what you want" variation - if they reverted back to starting at midnight they would reduce the volume a lot as well, allowing users a slim chance at least of buying something.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
419 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
Let's not forget how they charged $99 for every laptop/desktop purchased...

The $99? Recovery software... stuff that comes for FREE provided by the manufacturer. They told their CSRs some b/s that it is a required purchase or else you can't buy your laptop/desktop.

A lot of people got angry and the majority got their refund back... I say a majority because some didn't bother and plainly believed it in hindsight... :mad:

The refund was only issued after people smarten up and said "hey, these come for free, we got screwed.." So in conclusion, had people not spoken up, FS would have pulled a fast one on everyone.

I swear FS are the biggest scammers on Boxing Day...