Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
1717 posts
135 upvotes
CSAgent wrote:
Dec 21st, 2008 3:19 am
Let's not forget how they charged $99 for every laptop/desktop purchased...

The $99? Recovery software... stuff that comes for FREE provided by the manufacturer. They told their CSRs some b/s that it is a required purchase or else you can't buy your laptop/desktop.

A lot of people got angry and the majority got their refund back... I say a majority because some didn't bother and plainly believed it in hindsight... :mad:

The refund was only issued after people smarten up and said "hey, these come for free, we got screwed.." So in conclusion, had people not spoken up, FS would have pulled a fast one on everyone.

I swear FS are the biggest scammers on Boxing Day...
Unfortunately, not only on this day :lol:
Apr 20, 2005
693 posts
7 upvotes
British Columbia
dgs wrote:
Dec 20th, 2008 8:32 pm
Last year was probably the worst yet - they introduced a queuing system which theoretically put you in an electronic line up for checkout but in practice would randomly throw you off the site and lose everything in your cart. I am fascinated to see what fiasco they can dream up this year -
The queuing system makes a return this year for both Future Shop and Best Buy. One would assume that they're going to use the -fixed- version of the software that rolled out later in the evening last year, as opposed to the borked version that led off the sale.

(They've already sent out the e-mailing warning about the queue, so..)

http://recp.mkt41.net/servlet/MailView? ... jUgS0&mt=1
Aug 17, 2006
160 posts
22 upvotes
dgs wrote:
Dec 20th, 2008 8:32 pm
Every year BB and FS try a different variation on how to bring a server down. Last year was probably the worst yet - they introduced a queuing system which theoretically put you in an electronic line up for checkout but in practice would randomly throw you off the site and lose everything in your cart.
Actually I remember the queuing system from 3 years back, and it worked. Last year it was the site constantly resetting.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2005
1793 posts
40 upvotes
CSAgent wrote:
Dec 21st, 2008 3:19 am

I swear FS are the biggest scammers on Boxing Day...

+100
Future Shop and Best Buy = :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Deal Guru
May 14, 2007
14969 posts
1938 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
xstatik wrote:
Dec 21st, 2008 1:18 pm
+100
Future Shop and Best Buy = :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
+101 lol
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7392 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver
ryanzahreddine wrote:
Dec 20th, 2008 12:07 am
do you think it is worth it to be inline waiting to get a ps3?
i know they sometimes do hourly doorcrashing deals...
whats your out look on lining up just for a ps3, buying some games, and some blu rays..

im looking for YOUR opinion!
thanks in advance my fellow RFDers
Depends on if you feel like waiting in line for something at retail price. Personally I'd just buy it on a day other than Boxing Day with no lines ;)
Nov 30, 2006
563 posts
80 upvotes
I love how Futureshop has no consideration for the Family aspect of X-Mas.

"I have an idea... let's start our Boxing Day sale on the same night as one of the only days that millions of families meet and attempt to spend time together. That way, they will have to choose between saving money on Cool Electronics and spending time with family... we'll win hands down!"

I know people have a choice to do whatever they want.... but common.
Jan 4, 2007
225 posts
5 upvotes
You can't blame the retailers for our gluttony.

There obviously is demand for 8pm Christmas Eve sales. If FS/BB move their sales to midnight Boxing day another retailer will move in and take the business.

The problem is with the shoppers, not the stores.

BillyH wrote:
Dec 21st, 2008 7:16 pm

"I have an idea... let's start our Boxing Day sale on the same night as one of the only days that millions of families meet and attempt to spend time together. That way, they will have to choose between saving money on Cool Electronics and spending time with family... we'll win hands down!"

Dec 22, 2007
654 posts
311 upvotes
Gatineau, QC
Yes! But Boxing Day is addicted.

Last year I spent like 2 hours trying to order online to save like 50$ while everyone was partying in my house... LOL

And this year I plan to do the same :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 7, 2003
8924 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
PedleZelnip wrote:
Dec 20th, 2008 8:02 pm
Have you tried using FS/BB's website during boxing week? :lol:
yep.. my orders went thru fine... didnt even experience any slow down... been doing that for a while now and been skipping out on lining up...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5736 posts
354 upvotes
BillyH wrote:
Dec 21st, 2008 7:16 pm

or they can spend time with their families shopping

either way the problem is with the consumers if they choose to buy stuff instead of spending time with family