[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1455 posts
310 upvotes
Toronto

Midrange umbrella?

Does this exist??
Seems like it's either crap aluminum framed dollar ones or high end British branded ones ( i.e. Fulton).

Is there anything in the midrange that won't break after one use?
7 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2011
1357 posts
365 upvotes
I always liked the costco golf umbrellas but it was better when it was a two pack, now they just sell them in singles
Alex
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
4417 posts
262 upvotes
My AmazonBasics umbrella with the wind vent is going strong after a few windy days in Toronto and Vancouver. Would recommend trying that.
Nov 10, 2015
53 posts
9 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Wind river from marks is great too!
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17771 posts
2464 upvotes
GTA West
RFDprincess wrote:
Jun 28th, 2018 11:58 pm
Wind river from marks is great too!
Agreed, I've had the Wind River umbrella for some years now and it's never failed me. Solid and effective product IMO.
Tuition to the School of Life is not tax deductible.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3842 posts
5247 upvotes
Ontario
Joe Fresh oversize-almost golf umbrella size for $19 and various solid colours or patterns at Shoppers and Loblaws banner stores (Fortinos).
I wanted to try this size as a change from the smaller size one ($14.99) that doesn't provide too much protection from the waist down during
a rain pour. The oversize one is doing better with protecting me from getting wet now.

ALuminum ribs though. I looked at the Fulton umbrellas (fiberglass ribs on those small umbrellas at over $24-30-no thanks) and passed on them.
Seeking shopping sprees or a pot of gold.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3842 posts
5247 upvotes
Ontario
blindemboss wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2018 8:44 am
Does this exist??
Seems like it's either crap aluminum framed dollar ones or high end British branded ones ( i.e. Fulton).

Is there anything in the midrange that won't break after one use?
Maybe a wooden handle full size umbrella is the way to go. Have you looked at car dealer parts & accessories offerings as some brands carry lifestyle goods you can order through the parts desk (rarely ever see such stuff on display). BMW Toronto has a shop at their flagship store by the Gardiner Expwy. https://www.bmwtoronto.ca/parts/bmw-lif ... utique.htm
Seeking shopping sprees or a pot of gold.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)