Expired Hot Deals

Miele 10-year Warranty Upgrade for Vacuums + $200 off Miele C1 Celebration ($249), C3 Comfort Parquet ($399)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2018 8:33 pm
Aug 7, 2011
813 posts
608 upvotes
VANCOUVER
ID01 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 6:23 pm
If anything I think it is an overstatement. I don't have a big house, but at least a thousand ft of carpet on a biweekly schedule. So far each vacuum only takes up about 1/6 of the gauge.

I'm not sure how you can have a 0.5 canister emptied 4 times per vacuuming session. That seems like a huge hassle. Still, once you have someone come in the house and tell you they don't notice the pet smell, or someone with allergy telling you it feels much better, it is hard to go back to bagless EVEN if there is no other benefit. The less hassle becomes the icing to me.

Just go to any vacuum forum and group filled with actual vacuum repair people and they will tell you the same thing. Bagged are hands down better in just about every ways when it comes to cleaning.

PS: I do have a dirtdevil bagless upright before, I do have to empty twice every session and it is about 1L. So I guess we have similar usage.
Yes, it's a hassle to empty the container but the vacuum is cordless so it balances out since I don't have to keep plugging in different outlets and dragging the machine around in a 2 story house. It wasn't as bad before I had pets but now I feel like the cordless model is not made for a job this big hence why I am browsing RFD for vacuums.

It sounds like the bag changes won't be as frequent as I thought. If I only have to buy like 10 bags a year I guess that's acceptable.

ok then it might not be so bad if you only have to by like
Aug 7, 2011
813 posts
608 upvotes
VANCOUVER
dingmah wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:35 pm
Heads up, Amazon.ca is selling C1 Yellow for $264! Sold by Amazon.ca too... https://www.amazon.ca/Miele-41CAE031CDN ... ele+vacuum
Thanks! Does anyone know if Amazon is an official retailer for Miele? I have some amazon GC so I would prefer to buy through them. I couldn't get a straight answer from google or the Miele website. The 10 year warranty is only valid for official retailers. Plus there is a weird typo in the Amazon description
This is an aftermarket of generic part
Nov 24, 2007
780 posts
185 upvotes
goozy1 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 12:51 pm
Thanks! Does anyone know if Amazon is an official retailer for Miele? I have some amazon GC so I would prefer to buy through them. I couldn't get a straight answer from google or the Miele website. The 10 year warranty is only valid for official retailers.
I would think Amazon would be an official retailer. Best Buy is also not on Miele's website, but they sell the full range.
Nov 24, 2007
780 posts
185 upvotes
goozy1 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 12:46 pm
It sounds like the bag changes won't be as frequent as I thought. If I only have to buy like 10 bags a year I guess that's acceptable.
According to Miele, 4 bags is a years supply.
Aug 7, 2011
813 posts
608 upvotes
VANCOUVER
dingmah wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 1:02 pm
According to Miele, 4 bags is a years supply.
...but the posters above say a bag every 6 weeks so that translates to ~9 bags a year. I guess if you have no carpets or pets or a smaller apartment then maybe you use the recommended amount
Mar 12, 2017
168 posts
613 upvotes
Best deal currently would be Lowes due to their tax free event on now (online and in store).
Feb 24, 2017
10 posts
2 upvotes
For a 900 sq ft hardwood condo. Would you still go with the miele?
The cordless Dyson V8 just seems more practical.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19449 posts
125139 upvotes
GTA
Krime1k wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 9:17 pm
Best deal currently would be Lowes due to their tax free event on now (online and in store).
True, in terms of lowest absolute cost. I was just pointing out that the C3 was on sale, which some people seem to believe is well worth the $100 upgrade over the C1.
Ludepower wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 9:59 pm
Ultimately the Miele is likely going to have better cleaning performance, but for a condo that is all hardwood, it's hard to say no to a compact, lightweight machine like the V8.
Mar 12, 2017
168 posts
613 upvotes
Rlcky wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 10:20 pm
its 249.99 now!!
LOL an hour ago it was $299.99
toguy wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 10:13 pm
True, in terms of lowest absolute cost. I was just pointing out that the C3 was on sale, which some people seem to believe is well worth the $100 upgrade over the C1.
True. I personally would get at least the C2. The C1 is not sealed as well and I don't believe you can add a hepa filter to it.
Mar 12, 2017
168 posts
613 upvotes
Ludepower wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 9:59 pm
I've used both Miele and Dyson. In my previous condo I had an older Miele S2 (I believe it was) and it was excellent. Moved into a house recently and purchased a Dyson Ball on sale because I wanted a hepa filter and my Miele couldn't take one, and the Dyson is absolute crap by comparison. The suction is MUCH weaker it's not even close. I bought the Miele C2 from Costco a few months ago (in store I believe it was $329 and probably still is) since I'm unhappy with the Dyson.
Last edited by Krime1k on Dec 15th, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)