Hot Deals

Miele 10-year Warranty Upgrade for Vacuums + $200 off Miele C1 Celebration ($299), C3 Comfort Parquet ($399)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 4:10 pm
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
2885 posts
774 upvotes
Airdrie
Variability wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 8:20 pm
Is the C3 model here different than the C3 Cat & Dog? Just different accessories I'm guessing.
Cat & Dog models include powered hose, tube and powerhead. If you think you might want an electric powerhead, don't get this - the upgrade path isn't economically viable.
AFIK all Miele canisters use the same 1200w motor. The differences are in size, filtration, internal vs external tool storage, and most importantly, included accessories. Electric powerhead > turbobrush (suction powered) > handheld turbo brush > hard floor brush. And there's a couple variations in each category of head too.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Jul 20, 2015
17 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto, ON
if you sign up for Bed Bath and Beyond to their email, you can get a 20% off email within 24hours. Which means the Miele C1 would cost $240 + tax!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19304 posts
123480 upvotes
GTA
mrporkchop wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:26 pm
if you sign up for Bed Bath and Beyond to their email, you can get a 20% off email within 24hours. Which means the Miele C1 would cost $240 + tax!
Could be, but you'll need to read the fine print. They usually exclude many big brand names, such as Dyson/Miele.
Jul 20, 2015
17 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto, ON
toguy wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:32 pm
Could be, but you'll need to read the fine print. They usually exclude many big brand names, such as Dyson/Miele.
you are right! thanks for catching that, was tempted to use it, but now you saved me possible frustration in why the coupon didn't work.
:)
Aug 7, 2011
806 posts
608 upvotes
VANCOUVER
ID01 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 5:52 pm
All I can say is that there is a reason why there are so many refurbish Dyson for sale all year.

You almost never see a Miele refurbish.

As for the filter, it is indeed true that you have to buy the bag and filter. But the thing is, you are spending about $300 for a vacuum anyway, while $30 of bag easily last you a couple of years and provide much better suction, filtration. Once you have an objective comparison of both you will see that Bagged one are still by far better for the same price.
I only have a dyson handheld so I can't really comment on dyson vs miele on the canister side. I am looking into getting a full size vacuum now that I have pets. The cordless works great and I have been using it to vacuum my whole house for 2 years. I don't have allergies so I'm not bothered by emptying out the canister.

I am actually curious how often the bags need to be changed. you say a bag lasts for ~2 months? That seems like an underestimate to me but I haven't used a vacuum with a bag in over 20 years. I usually empty the 0.5L canister of my V6 at least 4 times per vacuuming session. I would guess even with compression a bag would only last 2-4 weeks before getting full. that means 1-2 bags a month so $60-$120 a year which seems excessive. Maybe i underestimate how much dirt you can jam in there...
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1176 posts
799 upvotes
Richmond
goozy1 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 5:23 pm
I only have a dyson handheld so I can't really comment on dyson vs miele on the canister side. I am looking into getting a full size vacuum now that I have pets. The cordless works great and I have been using it to vacuum my whole house for 2 years. I don't have allergies so I'm not bothered by emptying out the canister.

I am actually curious how often the bags need to be changed. you say a bag lasts for ~2 months? That seems like an underestimate to me but I haven't used a vacuum with a bag in over 20 years. I usually empty the 0.5L canister of my V6 at least 4 times per vacuuming session. I would guess even with compression a bag would only last 2-4 weeks before getting full. that means 1-2 bags a month so $60-$120 a year which seems excessive. Maybe i underestimate how much dirt you can jam in there...
If anything I think it is an overstatement. I don't have a big house, but at least a thousand ft of carpet on a biweekly schedule. So far each vacuum only takes up about 1/6 of the gauge.

I'm not sure how you can have a 0.5 canister emptied 4 times per vacuuming session. That seems like a huge hassle. Still, once you have someone come in the house and tell you they don't notice the pet smell, or someone with allergy telling you it feels much better, it is hard to go back to bagless EVEN if there is no other benefit. The less hassle becomes the icing to me.

Just go to any vacuum forum and group filled with actual vacuum repair people and they will tell you the same thing. Bagged are hands down better in just about every ways when it comes to cleaning.

PS: I do have a dirtdevil bagless upright before, I do have to empty twice every session and it is about 1L. So I guess we have similar usage.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
2885 posts
774 upvotes
Airdrie
goozy1 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 5:23 pm
you say a bag lasts for ~2 months? That seems like an underestimate to me
6 weeks for my first bag. 2000 sq ft mixed carpet and hard floor.

And so. Much. Hair.Image
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Nov 24, 2007
753 posts
163 upvotes
StealthFinder wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 9:50 am
Lol!!! I agree BUT I hate this dysentery diahhrea coloured yellow.
Maybe this sale and warranty upgrade is just a ploy to get rid of the slow selling Yellow inventory!
Apr 15, 2006
676 posts
151 upvotes
toguy wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 5:31 am
Miele has a free 10-year warranty upgrade on any model vacuum purchased in the month of December, plus they have taken $200 off the C1 Celebration in Canary Yellow. This means a $299 vacuum cleaner with a 10-year warranty, which is a very good deal IMO for those with mainly hardwood floors/lower pile carpets. I have provided the link to Miele directly, but this price is available at all authorized Miele retailers (Best Buy, The Bay, etc.)

http://ca.miele.ca/Toronto/en/Product/Details/1387

Thanks to @lcmt for this quick list of online links to the item at major authorized retailers. This is useful if you have Best Buy gift cards to use up, want to avail of the $25 Costco Masterpass discount, or have coupons at other stores that you can use in conjunction with this.

Costco
https://www.costco.ca/Miele-Compact-C1- ... 19363.html

Bestbuy
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/mi ... 96259.aspx?

Amazon
https://www.amazon.ca/Miele-41CAE031CDN ... ele+vacuum

Lowes
https://www.lowes.ca/canister-vacuums/m ... 60016.html

Bed Bath & Beyond
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... gI20fD_BwE

Hudson's Bay
http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... lsrc=aw.ds
Best Buy also has the C3 Comfort Parquet for $399:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/mi ... 88731.aspx

Costco has the C2 Compact Lightweight for $389:

https://www.costco.ca/Miele-Compact-C2- ... 38973.html
[/quote]

Lowes had a 15% off coupon code so I got an additional discount on the $299. Came out to $284 after taxes.
Apr 15, 2006
676 posts
151 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 11:14 am
Sucks better, Consumer Reports tested a whole bunch of vacuums and the bagless, including the overpriced Dyson junk, performed worst.
I used to have a Dyson ball... Then I realized it sucked, NOT literally, so I sold it and got a Miele C3. I also have a rigid shop vac, and a xiaomi robot vacuum... Love a clean house.
Nov 24, 2007
753 posts
163 upvotes
JC69 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 9:22 am
What's the cheapest model with the electrically powered brush, not the air powered one.
C1 Cat & Dog or C2 Cat & Dog - both are $650.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
3685 posts
383 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 11:14 am
Sucks better, Consumer Reports tested a whole bunch of vacuums and the bagless, including the overpriced Dyson junk, performed worst.
I know bagged performs better, but does anyone know why that is? Why can't a bagless perform just as well as a bagged?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19304 posts
123480 upvotes
GTA
fightbriz wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 5:11 am
I know bagged performs better, but does anyone know why that is? Why can't a bagless perform just as well as a bagged?
The bags themselves have filters, trapping particulate matter that would otherwise escape the vacuum/dust bin. The makers of the bagless models (i.e. Dyson) would have you believe that you don't need any filters, or that you can just use the same one by washing it every so often, and that appeals to people because of the lower cost and lower maintenance requirements. Unfortunately, filters are necessary, and they do wear out / become less effective over time, even the washable ones, so you can imagine how much better the filtration would be if you are buying new filters each time rather than reusing old ones.