Expired Hot Deals

Miele: Free 10-year Warranty with Vacuum Purchase (through June 7, 2018)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2018 3:41 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2468 posts
805 upvotes
gumby wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 1:40 pm
Returning mine. Amazon CS was useless after 2 tries, kept telling me that they'll work with the seller to resolve (they can't even tell from my order that the seller is Amazon and also me telling them it's Amazon) - Duh :facepalm: . One told me to get warranty from a third party :twisted:
Ya, they can seem pretty clueless at times. I've chatted with 3 of them trying to explain that it should not be sold on amazon.ca at all because there is no warranty in Canada and they don't seem one bit interested in taking it to the next level in having it removed from the website. One of them assured me that the warranty would still be valid with Miele USA even though the warranty section on Miele.com clearly states that is only applicable to US residents.

I still can't decide whether or not to keep it. I recycled the amazon box that it was shipped in and have not been able to find a similar sized box to ship it back with. Maybe it's a sign that I'm meant to keep it :P
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
3275 posts
733 upvotes
Did anyone have any luck on getting it warrantied through Miele? Or a partial refund from Amazon?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2468 posts
805 upvotes
vivibaby wrote:
Jun 21st, 2018 2:49 am
Did anyone have any luck on getting it warrantied through Miele? Or a partial refund from Amazon?
The only thing I got was an Amazon CS assuring me that the warranty was still valid with Miele USA. I'm confident this is not true though.

I even phoned up consumer protection and told them about it, but they just told me that they have nothing to do with manufacturer's warranties.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
3275 posts
733 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote:
Jun 21st, 2018 8:17 am
The only thing I got was an Amazon CS assuring me that the warranty was still valid with Miele USA. I'm confident this is not true though.

I even phoned up consumer protection and told them about it, but they just told me that they have nothing to do with manufacturer's warranties.
Are you going to return yours?

Just opened it up for the first time and I'm not sure it cleans better than my central vac. Much quieter and easy to maneuver but the carpets doesn't have the same fluff up look. The electronic brushhead is a bit big for doing stairs as well.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2468 posts
805 upvotes
vivibaby wrote:
Jun 21st, 2018 7:22 pm
Are you going to return yours?

Just opened it up for the first time and I'm not sure it cleans better than my central vac. Much quieter and easy to maneuver but the carpets doesn't have the same fluff up look. The electronic brushhead is a bit big for doing stairs as well.
I haven't decided definitively yet, but I'm leaning towards keeping it. As good a price as it may (or may not) prove to be, I don't see myself paying hundreds more just to get a similar model with the warranty. I have saved the amazon chat with the customer service rep about it having a warranty with Miele USA so if something does go wrong and Miele USA tells me to go pound sand, I can show the chat to someone at amazon and hope that they will help me out.

Funny how the tables have turned since when I first found out about it not having a warranty, I was 100% sure that I would be returning it.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2468 posts
805 upvotes
Did anyone who returned their C2 Electro+ get their refund processed yet? I haven't shipped mine yet and am close to the deadline. My authorization email says I will get a full refund, but I just spoke with an amazon rep via online chat and they are telling me that the return shipping cost will be deducted even after I explained everything to them.

I found a used Miele upright vacuum that I was going to buy and then return the C2 Electro+, but if I have to eat the return shipping cost, I am definitely just going to keep it.