Expired Hot Deals

Miele: Free 10-year Warranty with Vacuum Purchase (through June 7, 2018)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2018 3:41 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2588 posts
917 upvotes
ansibellum wrote:
May 17th, 2018 12:26 pm
I just saw that Amazon had some C2 Electro+ on sale (CDN$ 515.39 down from CDN$ 873.80) but it quickly went "Temporarily out of stock".

No idea if it'll come back in stock or ship before June 7th (is the cutoff for registration date or purchase date?)
This looks to be a hot deal. Currently $511.77 compared to $598.98usd on amazon.com, 10 year warranty and 3% from your favorite cash back site.

I don't know all the ins and outs of each model, but for I have a lot of carpet and this seems like it will serve its purpose well.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20434 posts
140513 upvotes
GTA
ansibellum wrote:
I just saw that Amazon had some C2 Electro+ on sale (CDN$ 515.39 down from CDN$ 873.80) but it quickly went "Temporarily out of stock".

No idea if it'll come back in stock or ship before June 7th (is the cutoff for registration date or purchase date?)
Thanks for spotting that, that is definitely one of the better deals for a powerhead model that I've seen since Amazon had the C3 Cat & Dog for $5xx last fall. Adding deal to thread title/post as it's definitely worth mentioning.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
3597 posts
964 upvotes
toguy wrote:
May 19th, 2018 12:01 am
Thanks for spotting that, that is definitely one of the better deals for a powerhead model that I've seen since Amazon had the C3 Cat & Dog for $5xx last fall. Adding deal to thread title/post as it's definitely worth mentioning.
How is this better than the Costco 389 one that went on sale for 299?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20434 posts
140513 upvotes
GTA
vivibaby wrote:
May 19th, 2018 12:09 am
How is this better than the Costco 389 one that went on sale for 299?
The Costco one is not a powerhead model (i.e. primarily to be used on hard floors). The components needed for powerhead models run at least $300-400 easy, and even still, you cannot just buy the powered attachment and electro hose to "upgrade" later as there will be no electrical connection where the hose plugs into the vacuum.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
3597 posts
964 upvotes
toguy wrote:
May 19th, 2018 12:19 am
The Costco one is not a powerhead model (i.e. primarily to be used on hard floors). The components needed for powerhead models run at least $300-400 easy, and even still, you cannot just buy the powered attachment and electro hose to "upgrade" later as there will be no electrical connection where the hose plugs into the vacuum.
But the Costco one has an electric powerhead?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20434 posts
140513 upvotes
GTA
vivibaby wrote:
May 19th, 2018 12:23 am
But the Costco one has an electric powerhead?
If it's the one referenced earlier in the thread, it has a turbobrush (air-driven) vs. an electro brush (separate motor). If I am wrong on that, someone please correct me.

Nothing wrong with that model, I'm just explaining how the C2 Electro+ is different (and better if you have carpets), and thus why it costs more.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
3597 posts
964 upvotes
toguy wrote:
May 19th, 2018 12:33 am
If it's the one referenced earlier in the thread, it has a turbobrush (air-driven) vs. an electro brush (separate motor). If I am wrong on that, someone please correct me.

Nothing wrong with that model, I'm just explaining how the C2 Electro+ is different (and better if you have carpets), and thus why it costs more.
I just checked and it has the electro brush too.

Do you know the size of the bags? It is hepa according to some sites but on others it's not mentioned.

Do you think it's better than the c3 cat and dog deal? I'm looking to get one for myself.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2001
2919 posts
517 upvotes
Toronto
ansibellum wrote:

Nice price.

I have an older Miele S6 (non powerhead) that I got for about $450 a little over 5 years ago, which is essentially what they call C2 now. Best investment ever, for seasonal allergy and dust phobia sufferers.
Mar 26, 2018
7 posts
6 upvotes
Miele model numbers and names are pretty confusing.

If it helps the basic components are:
-Canister
--CX [Bagless]
--C1 < C2 < C3
-Floorhead
--Turbo Brush [Air]: SEB 205
--Power Brush [Motorized]: SEB 217 / SEB 228 / SEB 236
-Wand
--Telescopic
--Electro: SET 220
**Power Brushes need the Electro wand.

Here's a link that goes into pretty good detail on the differences between C1/C2/C3: Link
Another link to compare the floor heads: Link

In my opinion the canisters are all pretty similar and you can buy according to whatever pricepoint/quality of life balance suits you best.
On a side note, if you're the type to care, I think the C1 is made in China while the C2 and C3 are made in Germany. Someone might need to confirm this.

If this is the Costco one you're referring to then I'm pretty sure it comes with a Turbo brush: SEB 205 which is Air powered. You can zoom in on the picture and see it says Turbo on the floor head. The model also comes with the basic Telescopic wand meaning you will need to buy a separate electro wand if you are ever to upgrade to a Power brush.

The Electro+ is basically the same canister as the Costco one but comes with the electro wand ($150) and Power Brush: SEB 228 ($200) instead of the telescopic wand ($30) and Turbo Brush: SEB 205 ($100).
Those prices are just my ballpark at what you can probably find them at if you're patient enough.

The C3 Cat&Dog also comes with the same electro wand and Power Brush: SEB 228 but makes the jump in canisters from the C2 to the C3 and I think it has some better accessories. In my opinion if you can find as good of deal on it like it was briefly at $600 in october, it is generally the best Miele combination value/quality deal. The Electro+ at $515 is probably just a smidge lesser of a deal but it will provide alot of the same raw ability, just slightly lower Quality of Life bits.

I'm sure I've made a mistake or two in my research so hopefully this helps more as a quick guide rather than hard facts.
Last edited by ansibellum on May 19th, 2018 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20434 posts
140513 upvotes
GTA
vivibaby wrote:
May 19th, 2018 1:16 am
I just checked and it has the electro brush too.

Do you know the size of the bags? It is hepa according to some sites but on others it's not mentioned.

Do you think it's better than the c3 cat and dog deal? I'm looking to get one for myself.
If it's the one linked just above in ansibellum's post (which is the $389 one I thought you were talking about) then it doesn't have the electro brush. Post a link so we can see which one you are referring to.

The "compact" models have a smaller dust bag (3.5L vs 4.5L on the full size I believe). HEPA filters I'm not entirely sure, but I know with most models you can choose between a filter that eliminates odors (especially if you have pets - charcoal AirClean filter) or a HEPA filter. Even if there isn't one in the box (C2 models may not have one in the box), you can get one separately.

Given that the C3 Cat & Dog is almost top of the line, it's hard to say the C2 is "better" but it's definitely very cheap as far as a model that has the electro brush is concerned.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2296 posts
1568 upvotes
Oakville
I'm in the market for a small portable powerful vacuum to use to clean my carpetted stairs, car interior, and for basically senior parents who can't hurl around large items. Something easy to transport up and down the stairs, and effortless to empty.

Would a Dyson V7, 8, 10 be ideal?

Miele ? Which one? Why is this brand so popular on RFD, I don't know much about it. Someone explain all the buzz :)

Shark ionFlex duo clean ?
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1020 posts
132 upvotes
Ottawa
Got a S6..very very good vaccuum..10 yr warranty as well.
9 layers filter bag. You don't see fine dust in bag chamder.
Hepa filter..for older houses snd apartment building that might have asbestos or lead paints.

The only other better vaccuum is by Nilfisk.
May 17, 2017
285 posts
184 upvotes
Waterloo
zdpz wrote:
May 19th, 2018 12:30 pm
I'm in the market for a small portable powerful vacuum to use to clean my carpetted stairs, car interior, and for basically senior parents who can't hurl around large items. Something easy to transport up and down the stairs, and effortless to empty.

Would a Dyson V7, 8, 10 be ideal?

Miele ? Which one? Why is this brand so popular on RFD, I don't know much about it. Someone explain all the buzz :)

Shark ionFlex duo clean ?
y

In my experience, I found the Dyson quite annoying to empty. The dust flies everywhere, the plastic is brittle, and the filters need to get washed.

Miele vacuums have far better suction, build quality, and durability compared to Dyson's stuff.
Well known for lasting 20+ years while the local vacuum repair guy says the Dyson's 5 year warranty definitely gets used.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2588 posts
917 upvotes
Amazon's price on the Electro+ skyrocketed, but now is back down to $514.79, Still temporarily OOS though.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1020 posts
132 upvotes
Ottawa
Dyson is over rated/price. My mother in law has one.. just dust everywhere when emptied.
Needs frequent take apart to vlean, wash filter.

I paid my S6 Miele 1100$ 8 years ago. With accessories and supplies.
Nilfisk is my preference.