Expired Hot Deals

Miele: Free 10-year Warranty with Vacuum Purchase (through June 7, 2018)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2018 3:41 pm
Mar 7, 2011
79 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
I get that the limited edition vacuum's are not eligible for the 10-year warranty but these are C3 ones plus they still have a the standard 5 year warranty.

I'm wondering if the C3 is still a better option compared to the Amazon C2 Electro+. Thoughts?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2602 posts
929 upvotes
estnumari wrote:
May 20th, 2018 4:07 pm
I get that the limited edition vacuum's are not eligible for the 10-year warranty but these are C3 ones plus they still have a the standard 5 year warranty.

I'm wondering if the C3 is still a better option compared to the Amazon C2 Electro+. Thoughts?
Depends on the specific vacuum and what type of flooring you have.
Mar 7, 2011
79 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
SizzleChest wrote:
May 20th, 2018 4:44 pm
Depends on the specific vacuum and what type of flooring you have.
I have hardwood and tile. I guess in that case, Electro+ is overkill.
Sep 21, 2003
325 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
SizzleChest wrote:
May 20th, 2018 1:14 pm
Amazon's price on the Electro+ skyrocketed, but now is back down to $514.79, Still temporarily OOS though.
I guess not knowing when it ships mean maybe miss out on the 10yr warranty since they go buy ship date when they charge.
Good deals come to those who wait. Wait too long then the deals gone.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2602 posts
929 upvotes
Got a delivery ETA email from amazon today, but no mention of the actual ship/bill date.

"Estimated arrival date: June 14, 2018 - June 29, 2018"

Doesn't sound too promising to get the 10-year warranty at this point.
Jul 15, 2006
28 posts
1 upvote
SizzleChest wrote:
May 23rd, 2018 12:01 am
Got a delivery ETA email from amazon today, but no mention of the actual ship/bill date.

"Estimated arrival date: June 14, 2018 - June 29, 2018"

Doesn't sound too promising to get the 10-year warranty at this point.
Is it more worth to get the C2 Electro+ at $511 with a 5-year warranty or the C2 Cat and Dog for $599 with the 10-year warranty?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2602 posts
929 upvotes
steven_g wrote:
May 23rd, 2018 6:23 am
Is it more worth to get the C2 Electro+ at $511 with a 5-year warranty or the C2 Cat and Dog for $599 with the 10-year warranty?
I would say the cat and dog model, but where are you seeing it for that price?
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28283 posts
1139 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
10yr wty. So.....are you all expecting to use these vacuums for 10 years at least?

What's the math on this sorta stuff? Buy fair priced unit, replace more often? Buy an expensive unit and expect it to last that much longer? Without these 5/10yr wty's., how long is the standard wty anyway?

I always prefer to buy a $150-$200 vacuum and ride it out for 2-4years, then buy another one. You can always upgrade your bags irrespective of what the design calls for., I find the hinges and angles & cords & retractors & such always fail anyway.

We are very clean, so we detail clean our vacuums but they still get filthy. That's after only so many years. To think of having a machine around for 5+..6,7,8,910years!!!!!! Good Lord. Am I being paranoid or is it a legitimate consideration?

Unless you have medical conditions that require higher standards of vacuuming (pressure, suction) with quieter functionality, is it just the usual fad with buying expensive items over moderately priced ones?
PayTM - $60
PC OPT: $3953 [Yota Mafia] Ebates: $59.70
100% BST & Heatware est. 2005
was hoping to keep this secret longer. did a large clean up of local stores - redflagdealsguy
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
1097 posts
518 upvotes
Toronto
I am looking middle of the line...mostly used for tiles and hardwood..which model would you recommend?
Jun 26, 2007
682 posts
428 upvotes
I have the $389 Costco-model Compact C2, the turbobrush it comes with is good enough if you just have area rugs. For a house with wall-to-wall carpeting I'd get a vacuum with a power head. My place is mostly laminate and tile so most of the time I'm using the hard floor attachments. Great vacuum though, much better suction than you will get out of any bagless vacuum and it's pretty quiet.
Jul 15, 2006
28 posts
1 upvote
SizzleChest wrote:
May 23rd, 2018 7:04 am
I would say the cat and dog model, but where are you seeing it for that price?
My bad, it was the C1 Cat and Dog, not C2. Would the C1 with the 10-year still be a better deal? What's the standard warranty?

Edit: It's 1 year for parts and labour, and 7 years for the motor and casing. I'll stick with the C1 Cat and Dog with the 10 year, even if it means no HEPA filter.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2602 posts
929 upvotes
steven_g wrote:
May 23rd, 2018 2:03 pm
My bad, it was the C1 Cat and Dog, not C2. Would the C1 with the 10-year still be a better deal? What's the standard warranty?

Edit: It's 1 year for parts and labour, and 7 years for the motor and casing. I'll stick with the C1 Cat and Dog with the 10 year, even if it means no HEPA filter.
I thought the standard warranty for all miele vacuums was 5 years? In either case, the 10 year warranty is very significant IMO as you can be certain that you won't be spending any money on a vacuum for the next full decade.
Dec 27, 2011
87 posts
5 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Does anyone know if the C2 cat and dog is the same as the C2 electrobrush+ version? All I can see is that the electrobrush head is different?
Sep 24, 2010
181 posts
56 upvotes
Regina, SK
FPCPineapple wrote:
May 24th, 2018 1:42 am
Does anyone know if the C2 cat and dog is the same as the C2 electrobrush+ version? All I can see is that the electrobrush head is different?
Body wise they should be the same (other than the color). The C2 Cat and Dog comes with the SEB-217 head which isn’t adjustable and is good for low to medium pile carpets but typically works best on low pile carpets. The Electro+ comes with the SEB-228 which has 5 manually selectable height adjustments and can be used on everything from low to high pile and even soft carpets. The SEB-228 is the better head. As for the other differences, the Cat and Dog comes with a charcoal filter where as the Electro+ comes with a HEPA filter. But they’re interchangeable so you could buy the Cat and Dog and put a HEPA filter in or the Electro+ and put the charcoal filter in.

If only the Electro+ from Amazon would ship sooner so that it could be registered for the 10-year warranty, I would be all over it as I am still waiting on delivery of my C3 Cat and Dog I ordered from Costco at full price on May 10th.