Miele unboxed warehouse sale Nov 15th-17th in Brampton
- Deal Link:
- November 17, 2018
Sales hours posted are
Thursday Nov 15th 11:00AM - 8:00PM
Friday Nov 16th 11:00AM - 6:00PM
Saturday Nov 17th 11:00AM - 5:00PM
There have been quite a few of these over the years so there are lots of old threads.
I have heard that they are going to be heavily discounting older products with some dishwashers going for as low as $199.
If you are going to be doing a kitchen reno it's well worth going to.
i have some tips from previous sales:
1) know what Miele Sells and what it is. Going there blindly is not a good idea especially if you think they make blenders. Remember that Miele is a High end Luxury brand so don't expect to find a $499 stove, their freestanding fridge selection is also very limited. Most of their cooking and fridges are made to be built in and not made for replacement of other brands. Come with an open mind for what you want to do there are lots of deals to be had.
2) Understand why they have these sales. This is to clear out old stock and any unboxed, display, returns, damaged box items. Most of what you will find will be last generation or have slight cosmetic issues which is why it’s sold off at a discount. Don't expect to find a lot of new current models there. e.g. they just changed the laundry so expects lots of previous gen but i doubt many current ones will be there. That being said, the older the items, the better the pricing tends to be and it's all quality. The best pricing is always on the older models and most of the time the feature differences are minimal.
3) From previous years, expect a lot of dishwashers, vacuums (normally a few models to choose from, refurbished) and cooking products (especially lots of last generation models including lots of built in coffee and steam ovens). Do not expect a lot of fridges or ranges there will be some, but they haven't launched any new ones lately so there probably are not a lot to choose from. <b> Remember, most of their cooking products are built in</b>
4) When you arrive, you will be standing in line. You will be escorted by a miele person around the sales area who will sticker the appliances with your information and indicate when it’s sold. Generally there are about 15-20 of these people so the line moves continuously but it will still be long. Come early if you don't want to wait in line too long or have a lot of products to buy, last year they let in people before the official opening to help clear the line but other times they haven't. Feel free to take pictures of the appliances when you buy them if you want to make sure you know what you are getting. You will be asked if you want to deliver it or pick it up. If you pick it up make sure you have a vehicle big enough to accommodate your product. Otherwise, just get it delivered, although it costs money it's not worth damaging your car or even your clothes to save a few dollars.
5) All products will be graded A, B or C. Grade A is supposed to be essentially a product that's just unboxed, B a product that has minor scratches or dents in non visible areas (think side of a dishwasher) and Grade C has some visible scratches or possible dents. Examine the products, often Grade B or C products have very minor imperfections that for the extra money you save is well worth it. Everything has been tested and it all comes with a full factory warranty.
5) Some miele people in there will be more knowledgeable about the products than others, if you have questions they do have people who know their stuff, however, they also have people who will essentially just write down the information so don't be afraid to ask questions if you are confused or want clarification, they are very good at getting you the information
6)Pay for their installation if you are not comfortable doing it yourself, you get another year warranty with it as well, so although they charge a small premium for installing it, the extra year is nice to have. Dishwasher install is $250 if it's roughed in. prices for install here: https://www.miele.ca/media/domestic_ca/ ... ele.ca.pdf note that Warranty starts from the date of installation if done by Miele as long as it's installed within 6 months of receiving the product.
7) Prices are non-negotiable, whatever it’s marked as is what it is, unless there is a noticeable big dent in the appliance and it’s marked as a grade A, they won’t change the price. Don’t come to expect to haggle. However, sometimes on the last day you will see items marked down with a sharpie.
8) The sales area is relatively small and not all products make it on the floor right away, they tend to restock appliances throughout the day as items are sold and pulled off the floor.