Tags:
None
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR

Miele - promotions?

I am looking to buy a Miele vacuum and it seems they just "renewed" their 5yr warranty promotion. I know my mom got one during a 10yr promotion. Anyone know how often they run this or any other sorts of promotions I could get when buying a vacuum?

14 replies
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2857 posts
507 upvotes
Ontario GTA
Kaitlyn wrote: I am looking to buy a Miele vacuum and it seems they just "renewed" their 5yr warranty promotion. I know my mom got one during a 10yr promotion. Anyone know how often they run this or any other sorts of promotions I could get when buying a vacuum?

they seem to run the 5 year all the time and the 10 year just once in a while, when they run those is anyone's guess.
i heard the reason why they run the 5 year was that in germany the vacuums only have 2 year warranty and so to be consistent with the brand they have to call it a promotion to do the 5 year warranty.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2011
1212 posts
269 upvotes
OTTAWA
Kaitlyn wrote: I am looking to buy a Miele vacuum and it seems they just "renewed" their 5yr warranty promotion. I know my mom got one during a 10yr promotion. Anyone know how often they run this or any other sorts of promotions I could get when buying a vacuum?

In 2011 there were two 10-year warranty promotion. One was in May for sure when I bought my S5 Continuum. The 2nd one was in October (?) which I cannot remember the exact month.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
Rockymountain wrote: In 2011 there were two 10-year warranty promotion. One was in May for sure when I bought my S5 Continuum. The 2nd one was in October (?) which I cannot remember the exact month.

Is it worth waiting, say, up to 4 months for the promotion? Of course it may not even come around again within 4 months...
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2003
1206 posts
128 upvotes
I am pretty much in the same boat as you Kait. I want a Miele canister for my condo badly, hopefully some type of promotion will pop up soon.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2011
1212 posts
269 upvotes
OTTAWA
Kaitlyn wrote: Is it worth waiting, say, up to 4 months for the promotion? Of course it may not even come around again within 4 months...
May is 3 months from now. For a 10-year warranty it is worth for the wait IF another 10-year warranty promotion comes again. Good luck.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
Fire Man wrote: I am pretty much in the same boat as you Kait. I want a Miele canister for my condo badly, hopefully some type of promotion will pop up soon.
Rockymountain wrote: May is 3 months from now. For a 10-year warranty it is worth for the wait IF another 10-year warranty promotion comes again. Good luck.

I'm not so sure about waiting... I haven't heard any rumblings of a similar promotion... I could wait and it may not come in May! :(

Kind of figure I might as well just jump on it now, take a 5yr warranty and be happy... :)
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2011
1212 posts
269 upvotes
OTTAWA
Kaitlyn wrote: I'm not so sure about waiting... I haven't heard any rumblings of a similar promotion... I could wait and it may not come in May! :(

Kind of figure I might as well just jump on it now, take a 5yr warranty and be happy... :)

"take a 5yr warranty and be happy... " -- may be regret when the promotion comes in May. Sure if you need a vacumn badly. How nice it would be if we have a crystal ball. What model are you interested in?
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
Rockymountain wrote: "take a 5yr warranty and be happy... " -- may be regret when the promotion comes in May. Sure if you need a vacumn badly. How nice it would be if we have a crystal ball. What model are you interested in?

For all I know it could be next month, or may.. or never. Just can't wait around forever :(

Looking at the S6 line... I'm thinking S6 Momentum
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
18021 posts
7061 upvotes
Toronto
Kaitlyn wrote: For all I know it could be next month, or may.. or never. Just can't wait around forever :(

Looking at the S6 line... I'm thinking S6 Momentum

We always want the best of both worlds (price and warranty), but to use a line from the Rolling Stones "You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes, you might just find what you need".

$200 and change for the Miele upright is awesome deal with 5 year warranty. Put it on a credit card for 1 extra year and be done with it.

You won't regret the upright Kaitlyn as long as you are strong enough to lift 20ish lbs.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
hightech wrote: $200 and change for the Miele upright is awesome deal with 5 year warranty. Put it on a credit card for 1 extra year and be done with it.

I saw it in person... first actually. It certainly was not a bad vacuum but I absolutely prefer the canister...

The S4 Momentum *seems* better than the S6 Momentum, but ah well!
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
Have you checked out this site?

http://mieleunboxed.ca/

They are refurbished, but many just end up being opened boxes (like the one I got). I picked up an S2 for $150 (70% off regular price) and comes with a 1 year warranty on the entire unit and 7 years on the motor.

There's no vacuums in the inventory currently, but I would check back every week on their website to see if any come in. They are actually really good at keeping it up to date.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
Rockymountain wrote: S6 Momentum PLUS is the one I would buy as it comes with an electric power brush (model 217-3).

http://www.miele.ca/miele/canada/vacuum ... 6_tech.asp

I decided against it.... I liked the brushes the Momentum came with more, and although the Plus has a comfort handle the hose doesn't swivel like on the S4...

And I really didn't like the "external power attachment" thingy. I really don't see how they couldn't have done that one better :(
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2011
1212 posts
269 upvotes
OTTAWA
Kaitlyn wrote: I decided against it.... I liked the brushes the Momentum came with more, and although the Plus has a comfort handle the hose doesn't swivel like on the S4...

And I really didn't like the "external power attachment" thingy. I really don't see how they couldn't have done that one better :(
The Momentum comes with a brush, debris/dust are sucked through the brush. The Momentum PLUS comes with an electric power head that has an electric roller with brush that beat up debris/dust on the floor/carpet. You can adjust the level of the power brush, or disable it. Just my 2 cents.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)