• Jul 31st, 2013 11:01 am
Tags:
None
Feb 8, 2009
235 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver

Miele S700 Vacuum @ Costco

I've walked into the Miele store and asked about the Miele S700 powerclean canister vacuum and received blank stares. (Note: This is not to be confused with the S7000 upright)

Does anyone know any more information about this vacuum? I'd love to see some user reviews.

Thanks!
19 replies
Mar 26, 2010
20 posts
It's the S762 at Costco. Probably a rebranded one for Costco exclusively. They have very similar specs to the S514/S518:

http://miele.ca/miele/canada/vacuums/va ... e_tech.asp

but with extra attachments. The US model seems to be S768:

http://www.mieleusa.com/usa/vacuums/pro ... &fourthL=&

It's assembled in China with German parts but you shouldn't let that influence your decision as Miele has been moving some production there recently. It's not the country as a whole, but how the company and their contractors handle quality control. e.g. Apple is doing just fine with their contractors there. I don't think Miele would let their brand go down the tubes with sub-standard quality control. Plus this month only you get your warranty extended to 10 years:

http://www.miele.ca/miele/canada/terms- ... rranty.asp

I just bought one after finding your post! I didn't know Costco sold Miele.
May 17, 2008
10 posts
Canada
I also picked up one of these the other day and it's a great machine. Costco had the Red model recently, it was the s2 lower-end models. It was lighter but it lacked a powerhead so I opted for this one. It comes with great attachments so you're set for carpet, hardwood or any other hard flooring surface.

I spent some time reading about other models but for the price, you're getting the best bang for the buck. The Miele s2's are the lower end, s4 are the compact, I'm sure this is rebranded exclusively for Costco and it's probably in the s5 range.

All in all, a great purchase.
Sep 5, 2004
270 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
We bought the Miele airclean canister model. Hubby thought it would be perfect for us as we have hardwood floors and carpeted floors as it came with a universal attachment. WRONG! If you plan on using this on either floor, get the powerhead. We returned it and opted for the upright, which is heavier but does the job on all my floors.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2008
1472 posts
138 upvotes
can someone tell me why you would pick up a more expensive vacume over a cheaper generic one?

I have a dog that sheds... so would this work better? HOW MUCH better?
May 17, 2008
10 posts
Canada
You can't go wrong with Miele. They are the best as far as I am concerned. I wouldn't touch a cheap vac and I don't care for dyson, I like bags. I don't like dust particles flying back out. Any miele is fine, u just base it on what you need and which attachments you need. They are solid machines, you pay a little more but it's worth it. Plus you get a 10 year warranty if you buy it this month. It's a no brainer.
Mar 26, 2010
20 posts
Maedhros wrote:
Oct 14th, 2011 1:23 pm
can someone tell me why you would pick up a more expensive vacume over a cheaper generic one?

I have a dog that sheds... so would this work better? HOW MUCH better?

For larger debris like pet hair, you generally won't find much difference between the various vacuum cleaners. My parent's old Electrolux was great (but after Eureka bought Electrolux, their quality really dropped). Even my previous vacuum, a relatively cheap Kenmore 12 amp (Kenmores are manufactured by Panasonic), had amazing suction but was really loud.

The real reason to get a Miele is in small debris filtering. If you have dust allergies or care about REAL HEPA filtering, you don't even go near Dyson or generics. The Miele dust cavity is completely sealed so if you have their Active HEPA filter, you actually achieve true filtration unlike all the other leaky HEPA machines out there. Do a search on YouTube and you'll find many videos like this one showing Miele's filtering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXA0N0V2uOQ

Miele's not the only option of course. Sebo is another good brand. Just stay away from the over-marketed Dyson. Their marketing dept has everyone believing their old technology is a great invention by a genius.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1733 posts
317 upvotes
Wandering Foodie wrote:
Oct 13th, 2011 10:19 am

Plus this month only you get your warranty extended to 10 years:

http://www.miele.ca/miele/canada/terms- ... rranty.asp

I just bought one after finding your post! I didn't know Costco sold Miele.
The upgraded warranty is very attractive to me. My question is if it applies to Costco purchases or not. Have anyone been able to register the Costco model at Miele.ca?

The link says "Warranty applies to all current Miele vacuum models purchased directly from an authorized Miele floorcare dealer", I'd hate to get it and then they tell me that Costco is not a "floorcare dealer"...

Anyone?

Edit: Another thiing is that you have to keep "Original proof of purchase" for 10 years to make the claim valid
May 17, 2008
10 posts
Canada
It doesn't matter where you buy it. When you go to the Miele site you simply put in the serial # and it automatically gives you a 10 year warranty. I'd assumed you should keep the receipt but it probably isn't a dealbreaker because they have it on file that you applied for the additional 5 years.

That's what I did.
Nov 18, 2011
1 posts
1 upvote
TORONTO
Comparison of specs makes it look like it is an S514 Blue star. Also, on Miele website, looks to be an older design. Takes FJM bags which are 4L and newer models take GN bags which are 5L. Costco unit has 5 bags and other vendors look like they only supply 1bag. I guess that this postpones the shock of the relatively expensive bags from Miele!
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2003
1016 posts
49 upvotes
These sell for $599 at costco. I am hoping they come on sale during the Christmas season. I have hardwood flooring but the power attachment would be good for area rugs.
Jul 19, 2012
1 posts
ETOBICOKE, Ontario
I'm a clean freak and have had a central vac for 25 years. We move in 5 days to a house that does not have central vac. I'm also a research freak so I spent some time checking out the top rated vacuums. I thought Dyson would be the top pick but although it's a good vacuum it is not great for people with allergies because it is not a sealed unit and once you open it to empty it the particles are released into the air. Also many vacuums clean to have a HEPA filter but only Miele's filter showed a 0 particle release. Check out youtube. I am very happy with my new Miele S700 from Costco. It's sturdy, has variable suction control, rolls around the floor nicely and there is no smell at all. Best of all is how quiet it is. Definitely worth the money IMHO.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2011
1022 posts
165 upvotes
OTTAWA
moveebuff wrote:
Jul 20th, 2012 2:40 pm
I'm a clean freak and have had a central vac for 25 years. We move in 5 days to a house that does not have central vac. I'm also a research freak so I spent some time checking out the top rated vacuums. I thought Dyson would be the top pick but although it's a good vacuum it is not great for people with allergies because it is not a sealed unit and once you open it to empty it the particles are released into the air. Also many vacuums clean to have a HEPA filter but only Miele's filter showed a 0 particle release. Check out youtube. I am very happy with my new Miele S700 from Costco. It's sturdy, has variable suction control, rolls around the floor nicely and there is no smell at all. Best of all is how quiet it is. Definitely worth the money IMHO.
Guess you do not work for Miele :cheesygri . Good to know from you how good the Miele vacuum is.
Jan 29, 2007
487 posts
38 upvotes
Costco Online has a Miele S7 for 399. Is this the S7580 or the S7280?

LINK

TIA
Oct 31, 2012
1 posts
SURREY
I just received my miele s700 from Costco today. I am trying to attach the hose to the canister. The plug part of the hose has nowhere to go on the canister. The spot where you would plug it in has a cover on it that doesn't seem to be removable. Has anyone else had this problem? Think they could have sent the wrong hose?
× < >