Shopping Discussion

Mike's Computer Shop - NOT Recommended

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2019 3:18 pm
Apr 17, 2018
11 posts
2 upvotes

Mike's Computer Shop - NOT Recommended

TL:DR: First time buying from Mike's and I lose my money. Moral of the story, stick to Amazon or in-store purchases.

FEB 4: GPU Order Placed to ship to my home address.
FEB 5: Order Shipped via UPS
FEB 6: ETA-End of Day
FEB 7: ETA-End of Day
FEB 8: Received an illegible UPS InfoNotice on my door

Checked the tracking number on my invoice from Mikes and the UPS website shows:
- You may now collect your package at the listed UPS Access point
- Delivered on Friday
- Proof of Delivery
- The UPS Access point address

Arrive at the UPS Access point, show my UPS InfoNotice and Valid Canadian Drivers license and the Employee say's:
- The package is not in the store.
- The name and address on my license DOES NOT match what's on the package.
- Employee confiscates the infoNotice.

Contacted UPS Customer service and they say:
- The package is ready for pick-up at my local UPS Access Point.
- The name and address on the package DOES match my driver's license.

Contacted Mikes support team and told them the UPS Access point refused to hand me the package and they say:
- The package is ready for pick-up at my local UPS Access Point.
- They are not liable for any shipping issues.

Mikes refuses to do anything because their policy states:
- A fee up to $50 may be applied for any failed deliveries resulting from refusal of undamaged packages, incorrect addresses, or multiple delivery attempts being unsuccessful and returned to our warehouse.

- Once a product has been released to the courier, it is subject to the courier's shipping policies, and is generally outside of the control or influence of MCS. See terms for: Canada Post, FedEx, Purolator, UPS

- MCS is not responsible for delays within the courier system. Where possible, MCS will endeavor to provide updates in the case of such unexpected delays. Delays outside of our control do not grant the customer grounds for refund or cancellation of an order.
Last edited by User964169 on Feb 10th, 2019 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2863 posts
2537 upvotes
Vancouveresque
It sounds like you might have gotten the wrong notice. I think your issue is more with UPS (and the local access point) than Mike's, but they should refund you once the UPS access point returns the package to Mike's. Mike's should be taking responsibility for getting the package to you though.

If all else fails, contact your credit card company to initiate a chargeback.

When you called UPS, did you discuss which access point has the package? If the driver attached the wrong notice to your door, it's possible that you're at the wrong place even though it's the closest access point to you. BTW, you don't actually need the notice to pick up the parcel, so maybe try again with just your ID and the tracking number.
Nobody cares which companies you use/subscribe to on a monthly basis unless there is a deal to be had. Why advertise for them in your forum signature?
Apr 17, 2018
11 posts
2 upvotes
GeeCee

I went to the correct UPS Access point verified by the tracking number provided in my invoice and the UPS customer support.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
GeeCee wrote: It sounds like you might have gotten the wrong notice. I think your issue is more with UPS (and the local access point) than Mike's, but they should refund you once the UPS access point returns the package to Mike's. Mike's should be taking responsibility for getting the package to you though.

If all else fails, contact your credit card company to initiate a chargeback.

When you called UPS, did you discuss which access point has the package? If the driver attached the wrong notice to your door, it's possible that you're at the wrong place even though it's the closest access point to you. BTW, you don't actually need the notice to pick up the parcel, so maybe try again with just your ID and the tracking number.
+1, if you don't get it then do a charge back on you credit card.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9928 posts
7092 upvotes
Mississauga
What can BROWN do for you today!
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
mikes computer shop is pretty lame.

they have a price match policy but I've tried 4 times to prime match stuff and they always claim its below there cost and they cant match it.

the one time i did order from them they didn't follow any of there Policies as they had wrote on there site.

first they said they would ship from the location closest to you. they had stock at there Ontario warehouse but instead they shipped it all the way from b.c making it take 2 weeks to show up. second it said order placed before 2 pm pst would ship same day well mine to took 2 working days for them to just print the shipping label then another day for it to be picked up. lastly there site had said they only use ups purolator or canada post. they used some weird shipping company i never heard that didnt even give u an estimated delivery date like all the other companies do and on top of that the package got delayed because the first 3 days after they shipped it the package bounced back and forth 3 times between bc and alberta.

at the time i had ordered the rest of the parts from ncix and everything from them showed up 2 days after ordering but had to delay the build by a week and half due to mikes computer shop. contacting there customer service about it was pointless. there solution was oh will give a coupon for $5 off your next order but u have to spend $200 to use the $5 coupon.
Last edited by aaron158 on Feb 10th, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
This sounds like UPS screwing up rather than Mike's.

That said, Mike's is the only one that can do anything about it.
They're kind of jerks for even listing a fee let alone actually charging one for intervention since they're the only ones that the courier will talk to if there's an issue.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38395 posts
12020 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Definitely a UPS issue. But you should look at your order online and show the UPS store the tracking and your address on the actual order for verification.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9474 posts
2650 upvotes
Don't forget to do a charge back for failure of delivery and let Mike's worry about. They're got no proof of delivery and neither do you.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Dec 15, 2015
706 posts
538 upvotes
Toronto
Uhh so what did you do after the last two people said the package was ready? Seems like you came to the internet to complain instead of just going to get your package.

If the phone person said its there and ready, call them back while at the store. Is it rocket science or something?