Hot Deals

[Mike's Computer Shop] Super Hot Deal!! Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 Wireless Bluetooth On-Ear Noise Cancelling Headphones $140

[OP]
Nov 28, 2012
16 posts
92 upvotes

Super Hot Deal!! Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 Wireless Bluetooth On-Ear Noise Cancelling Headphones $140

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Mike's Computer Shop
Bestbuy has the Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 for 249.99 and mike computers is selling it for 139.99. You can go to bestbuy and price match with mike computers.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/pla ... 89638.aspx

https://www.mikescomputershop.com/product/8245403

BTW anyone who buys the headphones you should get the latest firmware for the headphones.
Download the Plantronics Hub (Desktop) on the link below.
http://www.plantronics.com/ca/category/software/
Last edited by nightgod007 on Aug 9th, 2017 8:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
Thread Summary
I stopped by and picked one up, thanks for the post!!
460 replies
Oct 22, 2012
517 posts
322 upvotes
Wow, this is a great deal for a fun sounding pair of ANC Bluetooth headphones. Great for someone who doesn't care about winning a beauty pageant while wearing these cans. Require 30-40 hrs of burn in.
Last edited by FlukeSkywalker on Aug 9th, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 3, 2012
154 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Oh, anyone got these headphones? Curious about how it compares with the Bose similar offering?
Oct 13, 2015
906 posts
276 upvotes
Sainte-Dorothee, QC
Pretty good headphone, battery can offer up to 24 hours of use and charges in 3 hours. What about the sound quality?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2288 posts
997 upvotes
Calgary
i picked mine up at expansys (before they pulled outta Canada) a coupla yrs back for about $12 or so cheaper but $140 is still a good deal for a very fun musical bt headphone -
even better if cheaper via PM.

do be aware that its big, heavy & practically useless (for me atleast) for working out + its ANC is mediocre at best. other than that, I really like mine.
May 25, 2016
63 posts
9 upvotes
scotsum wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 10:28 am
i picked mine up at expansys (before they pulled outta Canada) a coupla yrs back for about $12 or so cheaper but $140 is still a good deal for a very fun musical bt headphone -
even better if cheaper via PM.

do be aware that its big, heavy & practically useless (for me atleast) for working out + its ANC is mediocre at best. other than that, I really like mine.
Could you recommend one for working out?
Jun 21, 2009
370 posts
24 upvotes
I wasn't aware there is backbeat pro 2. I have the first one and I really like them. Like others said, it is a heavy headset so its not ideal for working out.
Dec 9, 2007
881 posts
337 upvotes
PM'ed at BestBuy $128.99 + Tax via Phone.

Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2288 posts
997 upvotes
Calgary
biglaity wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 10:33 am
Could you recommend one for working out?
love my Jaybird X2 for most active situations. with comply foamies, it fits securely without discomfort & sounds good as well.
Oct 22, 2012
517 posts
322 upvotes
likemontreal wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 10:20 am
Pretty good headphone, battery can offer up to 24 hours of use and charges in 3 hours. What about the sound quality?
In my opinion these are a "fun" pair of headphones great for listening to dance/rap/electronica type genre's of music. You will have to tinker around with the Equalizer if you prefer classical as the bass can be overwhelming at times.
QC35 have the better ANC (extremely quiet vs moderatley quiet) and the sound is bit more balanced.

If you have the money get the QC35 but in my opinion the QC35 is not worth more than $75 than the plantronics. The sound is only marginally better, the ANC is overkill for my 30 min subway rides and I could care less about the looks. The weight of the QC35 is most appealing to me though as you will definitely feel the Plantronics resting on your head.

Backbeat Pro 2
- Nice warm punchy bass (Great for Pop, Dance, Electronica, Rap or Bassheads)
- Highs can get a bit muddied by the bass unless you play around with the EQ settings from the source
- Highs become much clearer after a significant burn-in period (My warranty replacement pair took 35-40ish hours to get it back to the way my original one sounded...replaced because the left side controls were not working after a routine charge)
- ANC is pretty good but not the best in class
- Amazing Controls the best I have ever used (next to the Backbeat pro 1)
- Definitely feel this resting on your head as its a bit on the heavier side but its not uncomfortable
- Not the best for work outs that require bending over, lying on your back or plank type positions as these may slip off. Works great for light jogging and walking though.
- Can get a bit on the warm side (make great ear muffs for winter though!)
- Best bang for the buck (which is why we love RFD)
- Will not win any beauty awards and kinda gives you a princess leah look
- Pretty good Mic
Last edited by FlukeSkywalker on Aug 9th, 2017 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 30, 2007
697 posts
224 upvotes
Brampton
Thanks OP. Picked up a pair as well through Best Buy PM. :)
Mar 25, 2010
694 posts
72 upvotes
GTA
Can someone post the receipt?
[OP]
Nov 28, 2012
16 posts
92 upvotes
FlukeSkywalker wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 11:20 am
In my opinion these are a "fun" pair of headphones great for listening to dance/rap/electronica type genre's of music. You will have to tinker around with the Equalizer if you prefer classical as the bass can be overwhelming at times.
QC35 have the better ANC (extremely quiet vs moderatley quiet) and the sound is bit more balanced.

If you have the money get the QC35 but in my opinion the QC35 is not worth more than $75 than the plantronics. The sound is only marginally better, the ANC is overkill for my 30 min subway rides and I could care less about the looks. The weight of the QC35 is most appealing to me though as you will definitely feel the Plantronics resting on your head.
Wow!! Your comparing a 449.99 dollar headphone (QC35) with a 250 dollar headphone ? To me that's like comparing a Lexus to a Toyota.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/bos ... 24241.aspx

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

rick0415