Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Mike's Computer Shop

Super Hot Deal!! Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 Wireless Bluetooth On-Ear Noise Cancelling Headphones $140

Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2013
1532 posts
939 upvotes
Scarborough
peakingduck wrote: - $11
- get it quicker/right away if you PM in store
- easier to return / exchange / warranty
You forgot the biggest reason:

This is RFDeeee!
Nov 13, 2005
489 posts
66 upvotes
Calgary
peakingduck wrote: - $11
- get it quicker/right away if you PM in store
- easier to return / exchange / warranty
All bullets only applicable if they PM, though, right? If they don't then it's a moot point. I'm only asking because it seems like it's a hit and miss with the PM.
Jan 8, 2006
834 posts
171 upvotes
clamchowder wrote: All bullets only applicable if they PM, though, right? If they don't then it's a moot point. I'm only asking because it seems like it's a hit and miss with the PM.
PM online seems to be succesfull with most (all?) people. There are several websites to PM against now, pc-canada, softwarecity.ca, mikes, and I dont think pc-canada shows "limited stock" anymore, at least not when I checked it last. I did get ding'ed for shipping costs on the PM, like most people who did online PM, but the total still comes out about $3 cheaper (plus tax) than buying directly from pc-canada.
Aug 23, 2017
26 posts
24 upvotes
GTA
slick83 wrote: Will this pair with a gaming console? Thanks!
Use on my xbone, works well
Will not work with BT, have to plug into controller
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1717 posts
424 upvotes
I love my sennheiser 598s, and am debating getting a Bluetooth receiver for them vs getting these plantronics. Anyone have experience with a good receiver (with good battery life etc..)

Can anyone compare the actual sound quality of the sennheisers vs the plantronics?
Apr 18, 2010
195 posts
47 upvotes
Just off the phone with Best Buy. Awful customer service that will grasp at anything they can to not price beat. they said because the description on BB vs PC-Canada wasn't exact, they cannot do it. It's not worth my time to argue over the phone for the 10% difference, I'd rather support another company that doesn't go out of the way to contradict their policies.
Jan 8, 2006
834 posts
171 upvotes
hipditch wrote: Just off the phone with Best Buy. Awful customer service that will grasp at anything they can to not price beat. they said because the description on BB vs PC-Canada wasn't exact, they cannot do it. It's not worth my time to argue over the phone for the 10% difference, I'd rather support another company that doesn't go out of the way to contradict their policies.
you could try ordering online and then submitting for price adjustment. most people have had good experience with that, and by now I'm sure many of the staff have already allowed the pricematch on this exact item and would do more without further scrutiny or debate.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2013
1532 posts
939 upvotes
Scarborough
hipditch wrote: Just off the phone with Best Buy. Awful customer service that will grasp at anything they can to not price beat. they said because the description on BB vs PC-Canada wasn't exact, they cannot do it. It's not worth my time to argue over the phone for the 10% difference, I'd rather support another company that doesn't go out of the way to contradict their policies.
It's all about the employees. I am not sure if they take any responsibility for the price matches, but they behave like they have to pay the difference from their owns pockets.
Nov 6, 2011
238 posts
123 upvotes
Vancouver
Oscar11 wrote: I love my sennheiser 598s, and am debating getting a Bluetooth receiver for them vs getting these plantronics. Anyone have experience with a good receiver (with good battery life etc..)

Can anyone compare the actual sound quality of the sennheisers vs the plantronics?
This compare tool might be helpful: http://www.rtings.com/headphones/tools/compare
Nov 25, 2016
602 posts
425 upvotes
Burnaby
iioonneell wrote: It's all about the employees. I am not sure if they take any responsibility for the price matches, but they behave like they have to pay the difference from their owns pockets.
Yeah, it's ridiculous if their employees bother to haggle like this. It is not as if they are going to get a bonus for every price match that they turned down. If that's the case then good job guys.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8103 upvotes
nicermog wrote: Yeah, it's ridiculous if their employees bother to haggle like this. It is not as if they are going to get a bonus for every price match that they turned down. If that's the case then good job guys.
I have had a lot of successful BB PMs. I'm not sure if I'm just lucky. With these headphones I just reserved the item in store, walked in, showed the guy my phone with the lower price at PC-Canada and he did it no questions asked with no shipping charges added. Over the phone is more work and often you have to help them find the item at the competing store and the SKUs have to match exactly. However I have found both BB and Staples have been great for PMs and you can get some really great deals that way.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8103 upvotes
You need to be friendly and patient with them. There are multiple stores that you can PM. If you were more assertive I'm sure they would have done it for you. I always try to be super nice with the agents when I'm doing a PM. They can pretty much deny you on a whim, particularly if you are rude to them.
Last edited by SickBeast on Sep 29th, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 30, 2007
133 posts
17 upvotes
Regina
If I want to use them on airplane with 3.5mm plug to their IFE do I still need to power them up and enable bluetooth? Can ANC be enabled without bluetooth for such a connection?
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8103 upvotes
merlin666 wrote: If I want to use them on airplane with 3.5mm plug to their IFE do I still need to power them up and enable bluetooth? Can ANC be enabled without bluetooth for such a connection?
I haven't tried it but you should be able to. I'm not sure why you would want to use them wired though. These headphones support AptX and it sounds outstanding.
Jan 8, 2006
834 posts
171 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: I haven't tried it but you should be able to. I'm not sure why you would want to use them wired though. These headphones support AptX and it sounds outstanding.
i think he means he wants to be hardwired into the airplane audio system for listening to the movies, tv, etc. haven't tried mine hardwired yet, but it does support it in some capacity, I just dont know if you must power on and have battery life to hear any audio or not. guess we'll find out soon.
Nov 11, 2015
48 posts
12 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Just got mine today, thanks OP!
merlin666 wrote: If I want to use them on airplane with 3.5mm plug to their IFE do I still need to power them up and enable bluetooth? Can ANC be enabled without bluetooth for such a connection?
Yes. When you plug in with 3.5mm and power up, blutooth is turned off and you can still use ANC. You can actually confirm this yourself. When you have them on your head and turned on when you put the cable in the headphones say "bluetooth turned off"
jamex wrote: i think he means he wants to be hardwired into the airplane audio system for listening to the movies, tv, etc. haven't tried mine hardwired yet, but it does support it in some capacity, I just dont know if you must power on and have battery life to hear any audio or not. guess we'll find out soon.
No, you don't need power when hardwired. They still work without power if they are hardwired. You need to power them up to use ANC though. So for airplanes you would need to power them up and have it hardwired if you want to use noise cancelling and use the in flight entertainment system.
Apr 18, 2010
195 posts
47 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: You need to be friendly and patient with them. There are multiple stores that you can PM. If you were more assertive I'm sure they would have done it for you. I always try to be super nice with the agents when I'm doing a PM. They can pretty much deny you on a whim, particularly if you are rude to them.
I completely agree with you. I'm usually easy going and friendly on the phone and talking to them today, I didn't try to force the price beat at all. I only questioned if the CS thought if the headphones were the same or not (in-which she even said she thought they were the same, But her manager she had to go to for approval was "following company procedures"). I know it is not the CSR's fault and I am not really blaming them. I am blaming BestBuy and their policy. IMO if an employee feels the need to try to avoid/stop a price match, I think that it's a result of pressures from company wide goals/internal policies.
Dec 12, 2006
31 posts
4 upvotes
Got it price matched with PC-Canada in store without any hassle. Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
hmm, when i use mine with my Mi box (Yotube) i start to get some frequent skipping every few seconds, i re-pair and it stops, but have to re-pair like every 20 minutes, and only about 10 feet away.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)