Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Mike's Computer Shop

Super Hot Deal!! Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 Wireless Bluetooth On-Ear Noise Cancelling Headphones $140

Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1681 posts
406 upvotes
Maple, ON
Anybody is concerned re: RF radiation of these headphones? Class 1 BT seems to have the strongest signal.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
2063 posts
1232 upvotes
Nearly two months since this was posted and i have yet to see this post drop past page 3. I hope everyone is enjoying these wireless cans because you really can't beat the warm pleasing sound signature and all of the included features with the easy to use controls at this price.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8102 upvotes
astarot_ wrote: Curious how come no one yet complained about the volume control thing,
am I really the only one suffering?

This review is for another model, but the problem is there too:
http://headphones.reviewed.com/content/ ... nes-review
"What We Don't Like"
"The volume knob jostles around whenever you take a step"
We're not complaining because theses headphones are comparable to other models which cost over $400...
Mar 25, 2008
246 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
SickBeast wrote: We're not complaining because theses headphones are comparable to other models which cost over $400...
Touche Winking Face
still, it does appear to be a major design flaw, worst thing seems that guys at Plantronics aren't listening, plain volume rocker or even just two buttons approach would work better.
Nov 6, 2011
238 posts
123 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm liking mine, but I can't say I'm used to the sound coming from HyperX Cloud's. There's so much more emphasis on the bass on these, compared to the Cloud's where it felt like there was more emphasis on the vocals.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13165 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
Just got mine yesterday. I was having some issues with the active sensors and the play/pause/skip track buttons, but a firmware upgrade to v20 (it was at v19) corrected everything. Can't wait to use it on my upcoming 16+ hour flight to Hong Kong.
Nov 29, 2015
167 posts
104 upvotes
Ahhh, I'm so torn. Should I get one of these too?
I generally use earbuds but my sennheisers broke a couple weeks ago
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
2357 posts
907 upvotes
danielions wrote: Ahhh, I'm so torn. Should I get one of these too?
I generally use earbuds but my sennheisers broke a couple weeks ago
U won't regret buying them. Amazing purchase and deal
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
2862 posts
1800 upvotes
Talamasca wrote: Just got mine yesterday. I was having some issues with the active sensors and the play/pause/skip track buttons, but a firmware upgrade to v20 (it was at v19) corrected everything. Can't wait to use it on my upcoming 16+ hour flight to Hong Kong.
yep. it works well with v20 upgrade. thanked!
Nov 13, 2016
436 posts
320 upvotes
Anyone know if it's possible to turn off the Bluetooth (to save battery life) while keeping the ANC on (without actually plugging the headphones into anything like mentioned above). Basically would like to use them to cancel out noise and not actually listen to anything.

Thanks,
Harry
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
4050 upvotes
Toronto
Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed after buying these... maybe because I didn't buy them for their intended use... I dunno.... but for the price and for how they work, I'm a bit peeved... and maybe it's on my end.

but im having trouble using them on bluetooth with my PC.

the issue is that when I try to use them in a game, and try to use the mic for "push to talk", the head set goes into "open mic mode", and it will not disable it..... so I lose all background sound and stuck in "open mic mode"... and can't get back to normal.

or even when trying to record sound, it goes into "open mic mode".

like I don't really understand why it does that.... if I'm talking, why does the headset start to play back all outside noise? I don't want to hear anything outside.. fully upgraded too.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2013
1532 posts
939 upvotes
Scarborough
daivey wrote: Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed after buying these... maybe because I didn't buy them for their intended use... I dunno.... but for the price and for how they work, I'm a bit peeved... and maybe it's on my end.

but im having trouble using them on bluetooth with my PC.

the issue is that when I try to use them in a game, and try to use the mic for "push to talk", the head set goes into "open mic mode", and it will not disable it..... so I lose all background sound and stuck in "open mic mode"... and can't get back to normal.

or even when trying to record sound, it goes into "open mic mode".

like I don't really understand why it does that.... if I'm talking, why does the headset start to play back all outside noise? I don't want to hear anything outside.. fully upgraded too.
So, let me get this straight. They change the mode to "open mic" or during the mic use the act like they have the "open mic" setting?

If it's the second I imagine is because these were made for portability (and mostly you use the mic then to have a phone call), and the setting activates to be aware of the surroundings.

I am not an audiophile at all, but as far as concerns me I know BT it's not the best technology (yet) to use it for High fidelity audio or gaming which is not a friend of lags (even of milliseconds).

I am not a technician also so this are just my 2 cents.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
1033 posts
134 upvotes
I am trying to use these as a gaming headset. However the only way they work is under "telephony' mode for But purposes, which is shiiiit quality for audio and mic. How are folks using these for gaming with a mic for multiplayer!?
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2011
1592 posts
1791 upvotes
Vancouver
Does anyone know if these are waterproof? I can't find info on it

Edit. Found out shortly afterwards that it isn't
Last edited by dicecube on Oct 12th, 2017 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 13, 2017
2 posts
2 upvotes
This headset is impossible to get working on Windows7.
It works with Windows10 and my phone.
Their tech support and website are both useless.
Oct 30, 2007
133 posts
17 upvotes
Regina
I just used them on a 7hr hour TATL and am quite pleased with the ANC function. Seems to be more effective with IFE music than movies but now I don't want to fly without anymore for sure.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18701 posts
5733 upvotes
merlin666 wrote: I just used them on a 7hr hour TATL and am quite pleased with the ANC function. Seems to be more effective with IFE music than movies but now I don't want to fly without anymore for sure.
what is ANC function?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)