Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Mike's Computer Shop

Super Hot Deal!! Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 Wireless Bluetooth On-Ear Noise Cancelling Headphones $140

Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18696 posts
5727 upvotes
deewhy wrote: active noise cancellation
ok..so is the noise cancellation good? my purpose is to use it in flight...
can it be used for running? lol
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2005
2036 posts
462 upvotes
No luck for me trying to price match at Bestbuy.ca and Best Buy Ajax because they cannot verify whether it's the "same model number" and when I showed them that it was the same model then it's apparently "limited quantities" which they don't price match. I don't get why retailers have price match policy if they don't intend to.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
2357 posts
907 upvotes
kiasu wrote: ok..so is the noise cancellation good? my purpose is to use it in flight...
can it be used for running? lol
A little heavy for running.
fq007 wrote: No luck for me trying to price match at Bestbuy.ca and Best Buy Ajax because they cannot verify whether it's the "same model number" and when I showed them that it was the same model then it's apparently "limited quantities" which they don't price match. I don't get why retailers have price match policy if they don't intend to.
YMMV for that reason. Try another BB and test your luck. I've had them for 2 months and it's well worth the price.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2005
2036 posts
462 upvotes
kenvin100 wrote: A little heavy for running.

YMMV for that reason. Try another BB and test your luck. I've had them for 2 months and it's well worth the price.
Yup...finally got Best Buy Oshawa to price match...came to 145 tax in...thanks
Oct 17, 2017
156 posts
243 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
yeah best buy waterloo were reluctant to price match because mikes computers ends in .com, I was like this is a canadian company with only canadian warehouses, but nope. but then they asked one of the other staff at the customer service then they were like best buy has mikes computers as one of their online market place sellers, then the cashier and manager agreed to price match, came to 145 after taxes. cancels out stuff like white noise and none variable noise quite good (thats what active noise cancellation does right?)
Jul 24, 2012
266 posts
132 upvotes
Canada
mtlmonk wrote: Yes, use it daily.
I'm having major issues (as are others from some of the recent replies) that maybe you can help with. When I'm on the desktop listening to Spotify, playing a game that doesn't use the mic, i.e. doing anything that doesn't use the mic the sound quality is phenomenal. However when playing PUBG for instance as soon as I launch a round my sound goes to absolute crap. This is using bluetooth by the way. If I'm wired then the mic doesn't work but the sound doesn't change when I go in game. In my Sound panel (Windows 10) "Bluetooth Audio Renderer" is the default when the sound is good, "Bluetooth Hands-free Audio" is what causes the sound to go to mono garbage. I'm hoping there's a way to use the mic and retain stereo sound at the same time. Are you able to do this?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2120 posts
1345 upvotes
Laval
scott83 wrote: I'm having major issues (as are others from some of the recent replies) that maybe you can help with. When I'm on the desktop listening to Spotify, playing a game that doesn't use the mic, i.e. doing anything that doesn't use the mic the sound quality is phenomenal. However when playing PUBG for instance as soon as I launch a round my sound goes to absolute crap. This is using bluetooth by the way. If I'm wired then the mic doesn't work but the sound doesn't change when I go in game. In my Sound panel (Windows 10) "Bluetooth Audio Renderer" is the default when the sound is good, "Bluetooth Hands-free Audio" is what causes the sound to go to mono garbage. I'm hoping there's a way to use the mic and retain stereo sound at the same time. Are you able to do this?
Yep, that's why i've been using it wired now. Annoying using it with Spotify and the auto off feature
Nov 15, 2017
4 posts
29 upvotes
Both Mike's Computer & PC-Canada are now out of stock. Do any of you have any other price match retailers that you can suggest?

Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7311 posts
1672 upvotes
Toronto
scott83 wrote: I'm having major issues (as are others from some of the recent replies) that maybe you can help with. When I'm on the desktop listening to Spotify, playing a game that doesn't use the mic, i.e. doing anything that doesn't use the mic the sound quality is phenomenal. However when playing PUBG for instance as soon as I launch a round my sound goes to absolute crap. This is using bluetooth by the way. If I'm wired then the mic doesn't work but the sound doesn't change when I go in game. In my Sound panel (Windows 10) "Bluetooth Audio Renderer" is the default when the sound is good, "Bluetooth Hands-free Audio" is what causes the sound to go to mono garbage. I'm hoping there's a way to use the mic and retain stereo sound at the same time. Are you able to do this?
The same issue affects other brands of headset too. It seems to be a windows specific issue, if you try your headset on your android or iphone device you will probably find it sounds great while using the mic at the same time.

For windows Mic, I have given up on bluetooth headsets.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Mar 1, 2012
9 posts
Toronto
If anyone is looking for these in downtown Toronto, I picked up a pair from best buy in August that are still sealed in the box that I was planning to return after Xmas, but will sell for what I paid $146. I have the best buy reciept. Long time lurker's first post, so go easy on me if I'm doing somthing wrong... like is it ok to post for sale in this thread (I figured this is the best place as it has all the info on these cans). If you're wondering why I'm selling, I picked up a pair if bose non NC at costco.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)