Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

ThinkPad T440 i5 128GB SSD 3yr Warranty $1000

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2015 7:39 am
Tags:
None
Sep 5, 2007
110 posts
286 upvotes
Calgary

ThinkPad T440 i5 128GB SSD 3yr Warranty $1000

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
50% off
Just saw this while browsing Mike's Computer Shop after purchasing the Lenovo NAS there.
https://www.mikescomputershop.com/product/1971400
The ThinkPad T440 comes with a 128GB SSD and 3 years warranty for $1000. It sells for regular price $1995.99 at Mike's Computer, and it sells for around $1915 under my work's CDW account.
You can probably use the FIVE15 coupon code for 5% off also.
46 replies
Banned
Aug 30, 2010
191 posts
58 upvotes
vancouver
andersb wrote: Thats the first gen X1 carbon (Ivy Bridge) Lenovo should introduce the 3rd gen very soon.
I'm pretty sure the i5 4200u is Haswell and this is a second gen X1 Carbon (latest version).

http://ark.intel.com/m/products/75459/I ... o-2_60-GHz

http://www.ncix.com/detail/lenovo-new-t ... 4-1671.htm

I need a replacement for my Zenbook. Not going back to ASUS. I'll do some more research first.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1594 posts
1295 upvotes
I think that its safer to wait a this point. Lenovo is already introducing the T450 in a few markets for example: http://shopap.lenovo.com/au/en/laptops/ ... h3_tSeries so you might be able to get the t440 for cheaper if you want to wait

& (if you care about that) the x240/t440/t440s/x1 2nd gen might not have a great resell value because lenovo decided that it was a good idea to get rid of the clickpad...
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1594 posts
1295 upvotes
teknos wrote: I'm pretty sure the i5 4200u is Haswell and this is a second gen X1 Carbon (latest version).

http://ark.intel.com/m/products/75459/I ... o-2_60-GHz

http://www.ncix.com/detail/lenovo-new-t ... 4-1671.htm

I need a replacement for my Zenbook. Not going back to ASUS. I'll do some more research first.
Yeah you're right the pic is wrong on their website but it is indeed the 2nd gen x1
Banned
Aug 30, 2010
191 posts
58 upvotes
vancouver
andersb wrote: I think that its safer to wait a this point. Lenovo is already introducing the T450 in a few markets for example: http://shopap.lenovo.com/au/en/laptops/ ... h3_tSeries so you might be able to get the t440 for cheaper if you want to wait

& (if you care about that) the x240/t440/t440s/x1 2nd gen might not have a great resell value because lenovo decided that it was a good idea to get rid of the clickpad...
Thanks for the link. I don't want touch and needs to be very portable. I don't mind waiting my ASUS still runs but getting beat up. I'm just worried prices will go up because of our dollar. I'll keep digging. I have a budget of about 1200 after tax.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
2115 posts
1137 upvotes
teknos wrote: Thanks for the link. I don't want touch and needs to be very portable. I don't mind waiting my ASUS still runs but getting beat up. I'm just worried prices will go up because of our dollar. I'll keep digging. I have a budget of about 1200 after tax.
ASUS x205?
Banned
Aug 30, 2010
191 posts
58 upvotes
vancouver
MikeMurphy wrote: ASUS x205?
No Asus (had bad warranty repair experience). Would like 12.1"-14.0", Core i5, ssd, 3 Yr warranty, 8+hr battery. T440 and X1 is in budget and specs. Also Lenovo has warranty depots everywhere. Would like to play with one before buying.
Sep 4, 2011
158 posts
235 upvotes
Vancouver
andersb wrote: I think that its safer to wait a this point. Lenovo is already introducing the T450 in a few markets for example: http://shopap.lenovo.com/au/en/laptops/ ... h3_tSeries so you might be able to get the t440 for cheaper if you want to wait

Nice, they brought back buttons! The center scroll button is invaluable to me, much faster than sliding down the touchpad.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1294 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto
I have the T440s and it's decent. i5-4300U, 8GB RAM.

Pros
Light and thin, Non-glare screen, excellent keypad + backlit, durable, dual-band AC Wi-Fi

Cons
No HDMI, terrible trackpad, gets hot, docking station
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
3579 posts
1988 upvotes
Whitehorse
How much are compatible keyboards for the T440 (Canadian French or some other language with that extra key like German)? And what would I have to look for to make sure they are actually compatible?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2004
1763 posts
270 upvotes
Toronto
us3r wrote: I have the T440s and it's decent. i5-4300U, 8GB RAM.

Pros
Light and thin, Non-glare screen, excellent keypad + backlit, durable, dual-band AC Wi-Fi

Cons
No HDMI, terrible trackpad, gets hot, docking station
No HDMI is NOT a con. The DisplayPort Technology is superior. You can run your external monition at higher res than the host PC. Also allows daisy chaining of Monitors I believe. If you want HDMI, use a $15 Quality Adapter!
Jul 13, 2006
888 posts
72 upvotes
How is the build quality of the Lenovo Thinkpads now? I find the old IBM Thinkpad seems to be of much better build quality. My T61 still works fine but the T410 broke a year ago. I love the Thinkpad keyboard but I think Lenovo may have changed teh keyboard in their "newer" models.

One of the main advantages of Thinkpad is that they don't include alot of bloatware like HP. I purchased a HP one year ago but it has been very slow since I bought it. I don't know how to remove the bloatware in my HP; If I do a clean install of windows it will delete HP factory recovery partitian and I will have to use a external media to factory restore if and when needed which is a paid as I tend to lose them !

If anyone knows how to clean install windows 8 or windows 10 without deleting the factory recovery partitian please let me know.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
UTSC wrote: How is the build quality of the Lenovo Thinkpads now? I find the old IBM Thinkpad seems to be of much better build quality. My T61 still works fine but the T410 broke a year ago. I love the Thinkpad keyboard but I think Lenovo may have changed teh keyboard in their "newer" models.

One of the main advantages of Thinkpad is that they don't include alot of bloatware like HP. I purchased a HP one year ago but it has been very slow since I bought it. I don't know how to remove the bloatware in my HP; If I do a clean install of windows it will delete HP factory recovery partitian and I will have to use a external media to factory restore if and when needed which is a paid as I tend to lose them !

If anyone knows how to clean install windows 8 or windows 10 without deleting the factory recovery partitian please let me know.
Just install windows 8 onto the partition for C: and dont format the D: or E: recovery partition that was factory made? Not sure if it will work that way, but it should in theory no?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
You should all check kijiji if you are looking for this laptop. BNIB same model was going for $500-600. I actually sold one of the same with no ssd but 3yr nbd onsite warranty and an extended battery brand new for $600 myself.
Jul 13, 2006
888 posts
72 upvotes
Financials wrote: Just install windows 8 onto the partition for C: and dont format the D: or E: recovery partition that was factory made? Not sure if it will work that way, but it should in theory no?
Yes recovery partition was factory made. Any way to remove all the bloatware?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
UTSC wrote: Yes recovery partition was factory made. Any way to remove all the bloatware?
From the recovery partition itself? So it doesnt re-install every time? Nope...

I can guide you through what to remove if you need help determining what programs you should keep ect. Feel free to PM me (or post here) a screenshot of your add/remove programs list.