Off Topic

Are millenials getting the short end of the stick?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2017 12:42 pm
Tags:
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
3078 posts
191 upvotes
Interesting article. anyone see resemblance to a poster here? And that article looks written by female? coincidence?

http://nationalpost.com/life/everything ... 0ca0380227
there’s no denying the state of the world has taken an astonishing downturn during the Boomers’ reign. But instead of taking responsibility for the current state of the world, this bloated, all-consuming generation prefers to focus its ire on Millennials – whom they accuse of being selfish, lazy, immoral and entitled among other sins.
we only have Boomers to thank for raising and nurturing such a Frankenstein generation.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15906 posts
4546 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I wonder if people born in 1000 were called millennials as well
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.

Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory

RIP sick fadez.
Penalty Box
Aug 20, 2012
10103 posts
910 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
nasa25 wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 4:50 pm
I wonder if people born in 1000 were called millennials as well
NO... they were called medieval. Dont watch Game of Thrones?? *welp*
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6701 posts
811 upvotes
Becks wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 8:49 pm
Not gonna lie, I hate Millenials. This thread just supports my position even more. I grew up thinking Boomers were so cool. Unfortunately, they raised these self-aggrandizing monsters...
Really? I've always thought of the boomers as the Donald Trumps of the world. Silver spoon fed types enjoying a trove of wealth their entire lives, primarily given to them by their parents, or entirely borrowed from the lives of millenials without much consent.

Its the boomers' parents generation you should be admiring. WW2 and then came back to build a nation. Thats hard work.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
7220 posts
993 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
Every generation has been better off than the previous generation at the same age. How can you say that the current generations have it so rough when they have more (want more) than any previous generation?
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15906 posts
4546 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
aznnorth wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 6:45 pm
NO... they were called medieval. Dont watch Game of Thrones?? *welp*
GOT wasn’t set in 1000. More like 1500s if you can compare it to reality.

Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory

RIP sick fadez.
Penalty Box
Aug 20, 2012
10103 posts
910 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
nasa25 wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 7:32 pm
GOT wasn’t set in 1000. More like 1500s if you can compare it to reality.
Obviously some1 doesnt get a joke. That's when you realize a forum is full of old folks. *welp*
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15906 posts
4546 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
aznnorth wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 7:36 pm
Obviously some1 doesnt get a joke. That's when you realize a forum is full of old folks. *welp*
I guess I’m kinda old but yeah I didn’t get that joke. Sorry man.

RIP sick fadez.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36812 posts
2605 upvotes
Toronto
nielboy wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 2:22 pm
Agree 100%......millennials are the result of helicopter parenting. Reap what you sow.
hehe yeah... I like to think I was pretty sheltered... But kids have it good these days!!! MY niece and nephew have cooking classes, art class, KUng FRIGGIN FU!!!

When I was a kid... Art class was my parents buying me water colors and laying out newspaper so I Can act a foo on the canvas...
Kung Fu was hanging out at the park and playing that stupid "who gets tackled first" rough housing game that boys played. No kicks or punches. Just grabs and tackles.
OR the infamous "british bulldog" game. That was a thing back then...
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2008
4885 posts
370 upvotes
sandeeS wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 3:04 pm
Interesting article. anyone see resemblance to a poster here? And that article looks written by female? coincidence?

there’s no denying the state of the world has taken an astonishing downturn during the Boomers’ reign.
I'd like to deny that please. :) Why do people always believe that the state of the world took a downturn, let alone an "astonishing" one? Exactly what went down?
Penalty Box
Oct 15, 2006
4264 posts
437 upvotes
I am proud to say that as of this month, I officially reached RFD baller financial status

thought this was a serious post. Stopped reading here
May 13, 2014
397 posts
63 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I don't know what's worse - boomers blaming all of the world's problems on millennials, or millennials blaming all of the world's problems on boomers :rolleyes:
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6701 posts
811 upvotes
Raident wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 1:24 am
I don't know what's worse - boomers blaming all of the world's problems on millennials, or millennials blaming all of the world's problems on boomers :rolleyes:
Can you blame teenagers to late 20s adults for ruining the world?

What about 50 to 70 year olds?

Its very easy to pick the more feasible one if you really want to. lol
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3987 posts
1147 upvotes
Look, Ontarians and Canadians have voted in the party most likely to ramp up governmental spending.

I am just waiting for Trudeau 2.0 to announce the Quadrillion deficit to get us going and to give millenials the same thing that Trudeau 1.0 gave the baby boomers.

We already voted him in. Give the people what they obviously want.

Think bigger Justin. As you proclaimed, the budget will balance itself. Quadrillion in spending initiatives. You know you want to.

If you don't do it, how can you expect us to vote in Trudeau 3.0 ?

Maintain the family Legacy. If not Quadrillions, at least Trillions.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2013
1400 posts
316 upvotes
New Tecumseth, ON
renoldman wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 8:13 am
Look, Ontarians and Canadians have voted in the party most likely to ramp up governmental spending.

I am just waiting for Trudeau 2.0 to announce the Quadrillion deficit to get us going and to give millenials the same thing that Trudeau 1.0 gave the baby boomers.

We already voted him in. Give the people what they obviously want.

Think bigger Justin. As you proclaimed, the budget will balance itself. Quadrillion in spending initiatives. You know you want to.

If you don't do it, how can you expect us to vote in Trudeau 3.0 ?

Maintain the family Legacy. If not Quadrillions, at least Trillions.
First things first, legalize weed then we'll all be too mellow to care about the debt/deficit Winking Face.
Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)