Minimal plan SMS only

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2018 5:38 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 16, 2018
3 posts

Minimal plan SMS only

I need a SIM and plan that provides SMS receive capability. Basically it’s just the minimum needed to receive verification texts. What is a low cost option I can use in Victoria?
5 replies
Mar 11, 2011
733 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto
7-Eleven Speak out is $10 per month.
[OP]
Nov 16, 2018
3 posts
Yes! Thanks.

This plan provides voice calls, so a little surplus, but it is the best of the options available.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2003
1629 posts
112 upvotes
Scarborough
+1 for the Public Mobile $10 plan. It goes down to $8 if you set up autopay, and they also have a referral promo right now that'll get you $25 in credits, so basically your first three months essentially become free.

I switched to Public this past July and between two referral bonuses and my initial $10 payment I've gotten 5 months of service with $28 still remaining on my account. I'm on track to get 9 months for that initial $10. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Ever wanted to shoot guns legally? See here: ever-wanted-shoot-guns-legally-next-sat ... n-1185701/
Public Mobile $8/month plan
[OP]
Nov 16, 2018
3 posts
A friend said he had Fido at 10 per month, so I see this is a common minimum cost at 10. So the consuming ethic asks which is better do me? Will compare 7eleven (is it chatr ?) Fido and public mobile.

Best swing feature: access to data top up at normal rate.

Still wouldn’t it be great if there was a strange little company on amazon that sells a sim for validation and all it does is receive your verification code. Cost would be one time only, no monthly fee since use is negligible.