Expired Group Deals

[Toronto]

THE RFD Android XBMC STB GROUP BUY THREAD! Starts @ 115.00 w/2-3 day FAST shipping!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2015 7:40 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York

THE RFD Android XBMC STB GROUP BUY THREAD! Starts @ 115.00 w/2-3 day FAST shipping!

THE RFD Android XBMC STB OWNERS THREAD! - TALK ABOUT HOW TO'S, installation and setup here.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/minix-ne ... d-1433021/

THE RFD Android XBMC STB GROUP BUY THREAD! - TALK ABOUT obtaining or joining the group buy here.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/minix-ne ... c-1386982/

WHAT IS THIS??
so basically we need 10 committed buyers minimum to secure our prices with shipping costs included.
We know what these box's cost buying them alone.
where do we save???
On duties and on shipping costs.
DHL INTL shipping is included so we get it fast. 1 - 3 days from the time our order is placed.
DHL INTL 2 - 3 day shipping is about 30.00 to 50.00ish normally if you were to do this alone so we are saving a lot buying as a group.
I've done 20 successful group buys to date. Every buyer is SATISFIED!

WHAT CAN I GET? :
ANYTHING BELOW!+ FAST 1-3 day DHL INTL shipping inc.

ALL PRICES BELOW NOW INCLUDE ANY DUTIES AND DHL SHIPPING TO ME.

--ANDROID BOXES--

x5/x5 mini = 85.00/80.00
x6 = 115.00
x7/x7 mini = 130.00/110.00
X8H/X8H PLUS = 165.00/185.00
MXQ 1GB RAM /8GB NAND = 75.00
MX3 2GB RAM/8GB NAND = 85.00

--REMOTES AND ACCESSORIES--

M1 = 25.00
A1+ = 38.00
A2 = 40.00
F10 = 35.00 **RECOMMENDED**
F10 PRO = 40.00

if you want anything flashed or installed i can do this as well. with this service i will install any rom of your choice.
setup and configure xbmc with whatever repo you want. and any list of apps that are free or you supply.
installation and flashing service = 25.00

ALL prices INCLUDE DHL International Shipping to Canada which is a fast 1 to 3 days to get to us across the globe.
if you do not want to bundle a box and just want to buy remote or gamepad by itself no problem...
All prices are in USD currency.

PICK UP LOCALLY OR SHIPPED?? :
if your a GTA local you are free to pick up your box at no additional charge.
if you want your box shipped to you from my location additional charges will apply.

HOW TO JOIN THE GROUP BUY :
just post in this thread that you want to be added to the list and i will add you to the list.
once we have 10 ppl. i will gather contact info and payments by sending pm's to all buyers with the information on how and where.
and as usual this does not include any charges customs may tack on.
sometimes these slip through customs sometimes they don't.
you guys know this already. but if there is a customs charge,
this will be your responsibility to cover. we live in Canada. we pay taxes.
please sub this thread for updates and keep on eye on your inbox near the shipping date.
ALL payments are done online via paypal gift or EMT. I DO NOT ACCEPT CASH OR COD's.
Orders that are forgotten or not claimed within 2.5 weeks from the time they arrive to me or from the time a PM or EMAIL or PHONE CALL is sent to you will be taken as donations and given to charity.
I am not a public storage warehouse and I am not here to play your parent and try to track you down. I am not paid to do this.
If you do not like what you see above do not order!

most of the sites out there have offers without the remote options or fast shipping and require you to wait certain dates for them to fulfill the order and include very slow shipping via chinapost that can takes WEEKS!
this does not apply to us. once we pay next day shipped via DHL and get it within 2 to 3 days max.

did you get your box? happy with the deal? want to leave me a donation? feedback?

--DONATE--
[IMG]http://www.sjgrc.org/wp-content/uploads ... paypal.jpg[/IMG]
1668 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3308 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Count me in!

I've been sitting on the fence for this puppy..you just pushed me over :)

Also, I knew I needed an airmouse - just didn't know which one...

My stuff is so old..no HDMI on my bose lifestyle system and only DVI on my widescreen toshiba so I'm somewhat limited in my choices and this minix seems to just what I need.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8717 posts
1069 upvotes
Scarborough
I'm in!

$123 USD is around $130?
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
good news. supplier says we have the option of the mele F10 or minix A2 air mouse/keyboard controller remotes.
no change to price either.
will get pictures on the A2 remote soon.
but this is minix newest remote.
goes head to head with the mele f10 PRO from what the supplier tells me.
i was told range on this new remote goes 41 feet!!
also price was off by 2 USD.
updated price is 125USD!
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2009
1085 posts
409 upvotes
Yay! I was just looking at these but so dont need one :( At this price I dont care anymore! Im in for one!

Also just to make sure, do you know your supplier well infamouskid? Ive heard there are lots of fake boxes out there... Totally trust you, just hoping you trust your supplier ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3308 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Interesting comparison here:

http://minixforums.com/threads/neo-x7-a ... ouse.2045/

of the A2 with the Mele F10 pro

The complaints also seem to apply to the F10 as well - but at least the A2 is made by minix for minix.

Further reading seems to indicate "soundabout" fixes the problem of android defaulting sound to USB first (i.e. on power up the sound goes to A2 mouse (?) rather than tv).
Working fix people are using is https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... gfix&hl=en
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
thanks for that.
things to note though is this box is very very very new to market.
they are always improving and minix has a known track record of listening and delivering on that.
jackie999 wrote: Interesting comparison here:

http://minixforums.com/threads/neo-x7-a ... ouse.2045/

of the A2 with the Mele F10 pro

The complaints also seem to apply to the F10 as well - but at least the A2 is made by minix for minix.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3308 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON
infamouskid wrote: ..they are always improving and minix has a known track record of listening and delivering on that.
I think you're preaching to the choir here...those of us that want one have done our research and know this is the best box going.
Any reading I've done, where people are looking for suggestions of what to buy, often end up with someone posting "wait for the minix".
Mar 7, 2011
830 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
Is playing the 1080p through xbmc software or hardware decoding? And would this have any issue with 1080p 3d movies? Im looking to replace my apple tv 2 - at this price I would make money :D A few posts on the youtube review link are not very happy with streaming at either 720 or 1080p
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
and alot of those posts are from ppl who did not own the box yet. this box just came out.
i don't know about you but for android options on box's its the minix vs a gbox or some gbox clone.
and so far between matricom and minix. minix definitely has the better track record and community support and the hardware under the hood.
it has everything in place. where others fail like the mele or the ugoos lines.

umirza85 wrote: Is playing the 1080p through xbmc software or hardware decoding? And would this have any issue with 1080p 3d movies? Im looking to replace my apple tv 2 - at this price I would make money :D A few posts on the youtube review link are not very happy with streaming at either 720 or 1080p
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
the best hardware 1080p playback so far is thru archos video player software.
there is a finless rom and 1080p kernel for xbmc hardware playback but it is still buggy since the box is new and we have to wait for xbmc to update it.
it's not like the ouya where ouya themselves are paying for support. but if your question is can it play 1080p? it most definitely can.
if you look at the video i posted in the first post where it says 720p vs 1080p the reviewer shows 1080p playback in real time using both stock android player and archos player.
as the box matures and we get better drivers from minix and more support from xbmc for android you will see better custom roms.
but like i said out of all the box's this one has the best potential overall.
umirza85 wrote: Is playing the 1080p through xbmc software or hardware decoding? And would this have any issue with 1080p 3d movies? Im looking to replace my apple tv 2 - at this price I would make money :D A few posts on the youtube review link are not very happy with streaming at either 720 or 1080p
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2007
2727 posts
522 upvotes
Markham
infamouskid,

Thanks for making me aware of this toy.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
1109 posts
69 upvotes
Sorry new to this. Been using the wdtv for a while. Tried to do xbmc on a laptop and failed. So does this come with xbmc or do you have to load it?
Jan 12, 2008
67 posts
19 upvotes
If I live in Vancouver, am I not able to jump in on this with you guys...? :(
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2009
1085 posts
409 upvotes
bshens wrote: If I live in Vancouver, am I not able to jump in on this with you guys...? :(
I hope so because I live in Alberta. I assumed it would be shipped to our address...
Jan 12, 2008
67 posts
19 upvotes
Oh! In that case, yes please add me to the list! I was looking to buy a Minix X7 already!

Edit: Please and thank you :)
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1431 posts
407 upvotes
Toronto
Count me in! So I presume XBMC does not come installed and we have to install it ourselves?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)