Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Mint $20 for $20 Silver Coin is back (hockey themed)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2013 6:34 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2006
1081 posts
171 upvotes
Markham
for some reason it wouldn't let me combine shipping with the quarters so i just gave up and paid the shipping
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2006
1113 posts
824 upvotes
Moncton
jslwc wrote: http://www.mint.ca/store/coin/tecumseh- ... rod1590002

If you add a 10-pack of these 25c coins (for 2.50 face value) you should get free shipping. Worked for me - then you can either save or spend the special quarters.
Hmmm, didn't work for me. When I add these quarters my cart shows free shipping, but when I try to check out a get the message: "The selected shipping method is not available for one or more items in your cart. Please select a different shipping method from the drop down menu below.".
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
Angultra wrote: Just create a new account and you're back in the game :)
I thought it was "per household"? Do they not deny you if it's the same address?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9570 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
wilson881 wrote: for some reason it wouldn't let me combine shipping with the quarters so i just gave up and paid the shipping
oIIIIIo wrote: Hmmm, didn't work for me. When I add these quarters my cart shows free shipping, but when I try to check out a get the message: "The selected shipping method is not available for one or more items in your cart. Please select a different shipping method from the drop down menu below.".
You only have to order each pack once, comes to $22.50 free shipping.

if order more, not allow to use letter mail I think (which is free shipping).

I ordered in 2 transactions anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
3718 posts
477 upvotes
GTA
I just created a new account and it works great with free shipping, but was only able to grab 2 quarters and 2 $20 coin in two separate orders.
1226 wrote: I thought it was "per household"? Do they not deny you if it's the same address?
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2006
1113 posts
824 upvotes
Moncton
can2000 wrote: You only have to order each pack once, comes to $22.50 free shipping.

if order more, not allow to use letter mail I think (which is free shipping).

I ordered in 2 transactions anyway.
Wow, how stupid is that. Now instead of providing free shipping on one order, they have to pay it on two or three seperate orders.
Jan 24, 2013
5 posts
2 upvotes
$20 for $8.77 worth of silver

If you're buying this as an investment its terrible, 1oz maple leaf coins are the way to go
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2006
1113 posts
824 upvotes
Moncton
leddy888 wrote: $20 for $8.77 worth of silver

If you're buying this as an investment its terrible, 1oz maple leaf coins are the way to go
Good grief! Why does this come up over and over in every one of these threads? It's not about the silver content! It's about buying a collectable coin with a guaranty that it will never be worth less than what you paid for it.
Jan 24, 2013
5 posts
2 upvotes
oIIIIIo wrote: Good grief! Why does this come up over and over in every one of these threads? It's not about the silver content! It's about buying a collectable coin with a guaranty that it will never be worth less than what you paid for it.
it's worth less than what you paid for it every year...inflation

If it's not about silver content, why is it made of silver? Come on man
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2008
1396 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
leddy888 wrote: $20 for $8.77 worth of silver

Sell your home and load up on pennies and smelt them all for their metal content.. it'll be a great guaranteed investment. All these new accounts posting useless messages are hilarious.
leddy888 wrote: it's worth less than what you paid for it every year...inflation

If it's not about silver content, why is it made of silver? Come on man
Because Silver is pretty and every other material has a price/market for them either way...?
My Rogers Plan: 250 DT, Unlim. inc., Unlim. E/W @ 8pm, 100 CDN LD, 100 txt sent/unlim. rec., CID/VM/Call forward & transfer = $15.90/month after all tax and fees.
Jan 24, 2013
5 posts
2 upvotes
ykshum wrote: Sell your home and load up on pennies and smelt them all for their metal content.. it'll be a great guaranteed investment. All these new accounts posting useless messages are hilarious.

Because Silver is pretty and every other material has a price/market for them either way...?
pennies contain only 4.5% copper as plating, this would be highly inefficient. While silver is pretty it also tarnishes easily compared to say highly polished stainless steel.

silver and other precious metals have a highly liquid and easily accessible market. most redflaggers are not well versed in smelting at home
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2008
1396 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
leddy888 wrote: pennies contain only 4.5% copper as plating, this would be highly inefficient. While silver is pretty it also tarnishes easily compared to say highly polished stainless steel.

silver and other precious metals have a highly liquid and easily accessible market. most redflaggers are not well versed in smelting at home
Most rfd'ers also buy things they don't need but because of its good price. $20 for a prettier $20 and whatever "free" Credit Card benefit you get is a much better deal than most deals around here. The fact that other people might be interested in these coins and didn't get one because of their "limited" availability might (and has) boost these coins above their $20 value if we choose to sell.

You make it sound like $20 or $60 (max) investment in these coins will prevent you from buying the high yielding GICs (below inflation rates) or stop you from buying nortel shares. Diversification they call it.
My Rogers Plan: 250 DT, Unlim. inc., Unlim. E/W @ 8pm, 100 CDN LD, 100 txt sent/unlim. rec., CID/VM/Call forward & transfer = $15.90/month after all tax and fees.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
1876 posts
130 upvotes
leddy888 wrote: pennies contain only 4.5% copper as plating, this would be highly inefficient.
Canadian pennies from 1996 and earlier contain 98% copper, which is worth between 2.0c - 2.5c in metal content.
Feb 5, 2012
502 posts
88 upvotes
GRANBY
Thanks, managed to get 2xtimes with the tecumseh coins. hope they will change their mind on free shipping codes...
Oct 16, 2007
398 posts
47 upvotes
London
Anyone have an extra Polar Bear coin from the collection that they would like to sell me? Would offer a bit more then the $20 it cost. Pm if you do, Thanks

Update: Picked one up from a London Ontario Coin dealer, thanks for pms though.

Thanks OP picked up the Hockey coin and used the Tecumseh - 25-cent Circulation 10-pack at 2.50 for free shipping, score!
Jan 19, 2013
275 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
I was only able to do it 2 times for free shipping.
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
14972 posts
213943 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

You can always make another account? *lol*

Ju Leon...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
6135 posts
1981 upvotes
Scarborough
Bought 2 orders for 45.00. Thanks OP

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)