Personal Finance

Mint.com Account closed and they still access it

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2016 7:22 pm
Mar 22, 2009
58 posts
8 upvotes

Mint.com Account closed and they still access it

Back in February I decided to close my account with Mint over concerns that in case of any fraudulent activity, my financial institution could back out claiming that I had allowed access to a service they don't authorize. As per their email, I was informed that all my details were removed from their systems within 48 hours. I continued to get emails from them after that - but the most concerning one came in yesterday where it claimed that they have had difficulty accessing my bank account. This does not appear to be spoofed as the details are correct and there's no warning from my email provider on it's authenticity (Gmail does a good job here).

Has anyone else experienced this? Would I have any recourse if they have not removed the information - I probably have no way of proving it. Are we helpless in this case? Thanks in advance for your insights.
Images
  • MintScreen.jpg
3 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2781 posts
2300 upvotes
Winnipeg
Did you change all your banking passwords after leaving mint? That would prevent them accessing the accounts.

Did you email mint support to verify your account was closed?
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Nov 13, 2009
660 posts
306 upvotes
Oakville
I have removed all my accounts manually and they never accessed my account after that
Mar 22, 2009
58 posts
8 upvotes
Shawguy wrote: Did you change all your banking passwords after leaving mint? That would prevent them accessing the accounts.

Did you email mint support to verify your account was closed?
The email confirmation I got for account closure did not reference having to follow up with them to confirm closure. In hindsight, yes it's a good practice but I can guarantee they would have just said yes. Passwords were changed which is why they can no longer access the account. I am still lost over why anything about my profile would exist in their database. It says in their email confirmation that all information would be removed within 48 hours.
Mint-Close.jpg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)