Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Always

Mint.com has Arrived at Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2014 11:05 am
Tags:
None
Sep 11, 2007
381 posts
18 upvotes
Scarborough

[Always] Mint.com has Arrived at Canada

More offers from Always
I personally don't need to use it yet, because I'm still a student but I think many people will find this service useful in Canada.
Below is a short description of their service if you're lazy to browse their website.

http://www.mint.com/Canada

Our Product

Mint is fresh, intelligent online money management. Not only is Mint free, it saves you money. While existing personal finance software packages require hours to set up, a passion for accounting (is that possible?) and hours of weekly maintenance, Mint is virtually effortless.

With Mint, you can achieve better online financial management in less than five minutes. After that, revolutionary, patent–pending Mint money management software does the rest, with virtually no more work required. It automatically pulls together your bank, credit union and credit card data, and provides up–to–date and amazingly accurate views of your financial—life from the big picture to specific details, in a friendly and intuitive way. Plus, Mint makes it faster & easier to achieve your goals. With our NEW Goals feature, you can set and track your progress towards goals—like buying a house, getting out of debt or taking a vacation—or create savings goals of your own. We’ll even give you next steps and actions you can take to reach your goals more quickly.

In addition, Mint goes beyond visibility and analysis providing personalized money–saving and money–making suggestions. Mint provides users hundreds of dollars in savings opportunities during their first session. Plus, Mint is proactive—alerting you when you are exceeding your personal budget, have a low balance, need to pay a bill, and more.

Mint is safe and secure online money management: we never know your identity and we provide bank–level data security.
How Mint works

Mint is a modern, powerful, easy and secure Web–based solution for online financial management. And it’s free. You register anonymously using any valid email address, and then add the log–in information for the online bank, credit union, credit card and investment accounts you want to consolidate in Mint.

Mint connects securely to nearly all US banking financial institutions that have Internet banking capability. Your account information is updated daily. Mint automatically categorizes all your purchases, showing you how much you spend on gas, groceries, parking, rent, restaurants, DVD rentals and more, with amazing precision. Mint automatically analyzes and graphs your investment performance, showing you how you’re doing versus relevant market indicies like the S&P 500 and highlighting the fees you’re paying in each of your accounts. Mint’s advanced alerting system sends you email or SMS messages (your choice) on any unusual activity, low balances, fees and upcoming bills so you’re in constant contact with your money — effortlessly.

Mint goes way beyond just reporting and budget tracking. Using a patent-pending search algorithm, Mint constantly searches through thousands of offers from hundreds of providers to find you the best deals on everything from bank accounts to credit cards; brokerage accounts; and more. Mint’s suggestions are unique to you — as they’re based on your individual spending patterns. For example, if you have $20,000 in a bank account that’s earning no interest, Mint’s certain to find and recommend a high interest bearing savings account for you. Acting on that suggestion could give you an extra $900 in interest income over a year.
Key Benefits

You don’t work for Mint, it works for you. It’s an entirely new approach to personal finance management. The over 1 million Mint.com users tell us they love Mint because it’s:

* Easy to use: You’re up and running in less than five minutes. And Mint does virtually all the rest.
* Comprehensive: Mint provides visibility into virtually all your financial relationships with a single, secure login.
* Visual and Analytical: Mint gives you powerful insights into your personal finances making–it easier to practice smart financial management.
* Plan for the future: Mint helps you set goals and track your progress so you can achieve them faster.
* Constantly working to find you savings: Mint typically finds users hundreds in savings opportunities in their first session—minutes after registering. And Mint keeps looking for new ways for you to save every day—continuously comparing your needs to product, service and bank offerings most relevant to you.
* Secure: Mint provides bank–level data security and industry–leading identity protection. Its security and privacy have been validated by VeriSign and TRUSTe.
* Always On: You’re automatically notified of upcoming bills, low balances, and any unusual activity in any of your accounts through one (m)interface.
* Anywhere/anytime access: You can get to Mint anywhere, anytime over the Web.
* And it’s Free!
43 replies
Jan 9, 2008
811 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
amazingness! I dont even care that amzingness is not a work!
Thanks OP
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks... been waiting for this for awhile now!
May 4, 2004
495 posts
54 upvotes
It's been available for a while now, there are other threads on it.
Not all banks will allow sites like mint.com to aggregate your financial data.
CIBC Chequing and Visa don't work. PC Financial Banking doesn't work, but PC Mastercard does.
RBC & TD Work.
Jan 9, 2008
811 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
Mirx wrote: It's been available for a while now, there are other threads on it.
Not all banks will allow sites like mint.com to aggregate your financial data.
CIBC Chequing and Visa don't work. PC Financial Banking doesn't work, but PC Mastercard does.
RBC & TD Work.

I just signed up and it loaded my Pcfinancial bank account perfectly.

It also loaded my CIBC Visa
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
davidjames wrote: I just signed up and it loaded my Pcfinancial bank account perfectly.

What search term did you use for CIBC visa? I can't seem to find it.

Has anyone tried adding CTFS high savings account? I got as far as entering in my login and password, but then it pops up a secret question box but the question is just "//". And I don't recall having a secret question for CTFS...
Jan 9, 2008
811 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
I just typed cibc (or canadian imperial...)
and I think it might have said US but I just typed in my CIBC VISA cc # and my password for online and it loaded it fine.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
davidjames wrote: I just typed cibc (or canadian imperial...)
and I think it might have said US but I just typed in my CIBC VISA cc # and my password for online and it loaded it fine.

Thanks! I guess the "US" threw me off.. successfully added! Now if I can figure out CTFS and have them add Ally.ca.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2002
4235 posts
880 upvotes
Ottawa
Hallelujah, I don't have to put up with MBNA's awful website anymore! Thank you for this tip!
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2003
1000 posts
136 upvotes
Ontario
So our personal info is housed in the USA or Canada???
Mar 5, 2009
201 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
There are a number of kinks still in the system. For example, it took my Rbc Visa as a chequing account, and totally screwed up the numbers on my TD Visa. (Counted my amount owing as my credit available, and some other crazy thing about my credit limit.)
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Thanks , will try it out later tonight.
May 4, 2004
495 posts
54 upvotes
davidjames wrote: I just signed up and it loaded my Pcfinancial bank account perfectly.

looks like they fixed it. I had to delete my "fix required" accounts, and re-add.
Feb 18, 2010
727 posts
83 upvotes
I've been using this for months now (since the summer really) with ING Direct and PC Mastercard, but glad that other financial institutions that weren't working before are now.

Hopefully they have NSLC/OSAP on there now heh.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
5039 posts
302 upvotes
Stoney Creek
Wow, this looks promising. Maybe I can get rid of my giant Excel spreadsheet now :)
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2217 posts
438 upvotes
Really loving it so far. Too bad you can't pay credit cards off (transfer funds) with it or I would dump my other online banking sites entirely.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
648 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
We have been using this now for the past 6 months at least. It is a great tool. To bad you can't pay bills or manage money between accounts.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Nov 30, 2010
9 posts
38 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
I find it overrated. No good recommendations.

I like the summary only.
Jun 10, 2008
598 posts
70 upvotes
I'll try Mint, but I have to recommend Thrive. They are pretty good with planning budget strategies.