• Nov 30th, 2011 10:29 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1695 posts
365 upvotes
Vancouver
MBNA SonyCard working. RBC accounts all working.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4126 posts
570 upvotes
Dt
Sephora wrote:
Dec 8th, 2010 12:02 pm
Works fine with my MBNA SmartCash

awesome, now the only thing missing for me is

Ally Canada
Questrade
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
9099 posts
216 upvotes
Can't wait to get my Smart Cash card, then with my Amex cashback (also on Mint), I will finally be able to track all my card spending in one place easily.

I am apprehensive about keeping all my finances in one places, but I like to use Mint.com just for tracking spending by category each month. I don't have any banks linked up to it, just credit cards.
Mar 17, 2008
583 posts
141 upvotes
BooR4dL3y wrote:
Dec 8th, 2010 5:54 pm
MBNA SonyCard working. RBC accounts all working.
How come RBC doesn't work for me, I don't even get to the point of answering my secret questions > :(
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
4285 posts
114 upvotes
My MBNA gold and SC work. Citibank doesn't though!! nor QT.

I wish the mobile app allowed you to modify your settings instead of being just read-only.

How does the budget get filled up? I have a bunch of things setup, but my income or expenses aren't deducted from it? I suppose each transaction must be linked to a budget somehow?
Dec 28, 2006
494 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
heredago wrote:
Dec 9th, 2010 12:54 pm
How come RBC doesn't work for me, I don't even get to the point of answering my secret questions > :(

had the same issue, apparently RBC is having some tech difficulties.
I managed to get RBC on mint US, so there is no question it works on mint CA
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2003
4470 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto
kitkatneko wrote:
Dec 10th, 2010 11:48 am
had the same issue, apparently RBC is having some tech difficulties.
I managed to get RBC on mint US, so there is no question it works on mint CA

Go to RBC site, and give your account a nickname. Delete account from Mint, try to add again. Worked for me.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
5057 posts
260 upvotes
Kanata
For ppl using TD visa card, do you have to give your TD bank easyweb psd in order to show the transaction of your credit card (so they will get banking information as well)?
Dec 4, 2006
35 posts
rivet wrote:
Dec 16th, 2010 2:59 pm
For ppl using TD visa card, do you have to give your TD bank easyweb psd in order to show the transaction of your credit card (so they will get banking information as well)?

If you have to give your EasyWeb password, here is a snippet of a response I got from TD when I asked them about mint.com:

As a TD Canada Trust Access Card Holder, you've agreed to not provide your confidential information to third parties. This would include divulging our password and Access Card number to Mint.com. So, this would include companies that try to aggregate your financial services under one roof.

We view the aggregation of services as a security issue and generally do not support it, so while you may be able to access your accounts initially, there will likely come a time when your information becomes blocked.

I love the idea of the service, but I would not want to be on the other side of a dispute with a banking institution regarding access to my account after receiving such clear directions.

Use at your own risk.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2006
1252 posts
85 upvotes
Any luck with Canadian Tire MasterCard?
Apr 17, 2005
423 posts
25 upvotes
sunnyd71 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2010 12:13 pm
Any luck with Canadian Tire MasterCard?
When I tried adding my CT Mastercard last week, it didn't come up in the search results even. They seem to have added it now, but when I enter my account info and click "Add it", it keeps giving the error message "Temporary issue connecting".
Oct 29, 2009
51 posts
Vancouver
Looks like qTrade isn't on there either.

But man alive, THAT is how you design a website. It is amazing how easy it is get started with it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
5057 posts
260 upvotes
Kanata
I am missing lots of transactions on my MBNA smart cash credit card using mint.com, any one else has this problem?
Aug 5, 2010
237 posts
31 upvotes
mriegger wrote:
Dec 19th, 2010 9:45 pm
Looks like qTrade isn't on there either.

But man alive, THAT is how you design a website. It is amazing how easy it is get started with it.
I agree. I'm not really into "budgeting" software, but I tried it out on the weekend and was extremely impressed. Took no time at all to get my accounts hooked up and the interface is awesome.

Only problem is that I only wanted to use it to assemble some data from 2010, but it only has 90 days of historical info when you start. Next year, I'll have enough data to do what I want.
Mike Holman
Money Smarts Blog - Personal Finance and Investing
Canadian Discount Brokerage Comparison - Compare the fees and benefits
The RESP Book - The simple guide to Registered Education Savings Plans for Canadians
× < >