Expired Hot Deals

[Mint Mobile] US only: Free 3 month 3gb per month plan (starts at 6:15PM EST today!)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2020 5:08 pm
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
13238 posts
24676 upvotes
Scarborough

US only: Free 3 month 3gb per month plan (starts at 6:15PM EST today!)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
February 2, 2020
Retailer:
Mint Mobile
Saw this on social media a few minutes ago. They're offering the 3gb/month plan which is normally $15US per month for free if you order it during the Super Bowl this Sunday.

If you're a frequent US traveller and have the means to place/receive an order, it seems like a good deal. There might be some shipping or other fees that I'm unaware of.

https://www.mintmobile.com/free/
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 2nd, 2020 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Thread Summary
When I began typing in my (US) address in the "street" line - it auto populated the line with the city and state.

This caused an issue when I went to checkout with my credit card declining the transaction.

I went back and removed the city and state they had auto filled in the street line - and the transaction went through.

No shipping for regular delivery. Don't forget to uncheck the 'reorder' check mark on the top right hand corner of the form.

Thanks OP!!
69 replies
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
1987 posts
1422 upvotes
Fredericton
Good ole Deadpool.
Koodo - $39/10GB
Koodo - $70 Huawei P20
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
4681 posts
3635 upvotes
I guess we can call it a "Canadian-backed/owned company" although it's not publicly known how much Ryan owns of it.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1332 posts
795 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Very nice I'm going to order this.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
4681 posts
3635 upvotes
I'd imagine we'll need a US billing and shipping address?
Oct 24, 2009
638 posts
550 upvotes
Vancouver
Just remember that you will need US address. You will likely need us billing address as well on your credit card (there is a mandatory fee for certain states like NY and possibly shipping fee). I've used it before and it's been very good. If the package is the same as before, you will get a referral sim card along with the one you are ordering. Referral one includes free 7 day service with unlimited call/text + 250MB data.
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
13238 posts
24676 upvotes
Scarborough
Gtaphotog wrote: I'd imagine we'll need a US billing and shipping address?
US shipping for sure but I'm not sure about billing. They do accept Paypal which might make it easier for us to check out.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
4681 posts
3635 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: US shipping for sure but I'm not sure about billing. They do accept Paypal which might make it easier for us to check out.
I've encountered many US retailers that accept PayPal but it's restricted to US accounts only so if they do accept outside of the US PayPal accounts this is a no-brainer.
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
13238 posts
24676 upvotes
Scarborough
Gtaphotog wrote: I've encountered many US retailers that accept PayPal but it's restricted to US accounts only so if they do accept outside of the US PayPal accounts this is a no-brainer.
I've got US friends who can order this for me as a last resort but I really do hope there's an easy way for Canadians to get this deal. With how popular the T-Mobile hotspot deal was I imagine this should be too.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
4681 posts
3635 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: I've got US friends who can order this for me as a last resort but I really do hope there's an easy way for Canadians to get this deal. With how popular the T-Mobile hotspot deal was I imagine this should be too.
Ya I rather not bother anyone from the US during the Superbowl but maybe I'll try beforehand if we can't order it with CAD cards.
May 13, 2010
267 posts
88 upvotes
Ottawa
Don't think there is any way to get this in Canada but I had it shipped to my Florida address and have been using it for the last month at Cape Canaveral and loving it.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
4681 posts
3635 upvotes
qabloona wrote: Don't think there is any way to get this in Canada but I had it shipped to my Florida address and have been using it for the last month at Cape Canaveral and loving it.
Were you able to pay with a Canadian card or is restricted to US billing address as well?
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
10971 posts
2341 upvotes
Kingston
Terms:
New activation required. While supplies last. Limited time offer. Limit 1 per household. Participation in Refer-a-Friend excluded. Promotion and terms subject to change. Must be activated within 45 days of purchase. Further restrictions apply
Sep 2, 2016
515 posts
272 upvotes
What if you haven’t been with mint mobile since last year February? Considered new activation?