• Dec 30th, 2012 4:22 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 27, 2012
8 posts
1 upvote
DELTA

Minutes being used randomly (Rogers)

I got a nokia lumia 920 from The Mobile Shop in superstore. Its with rogers and now i want to return it. I went and they said i used over 140 mins when in fact I haven't. I called rogers and they brought up my call history. They said I've made many 1 minute calls to my brothers number and that he's been calling me a lot as well. The thing is, I've had the flu for the past week and I've only made maybe 5 calls (all 20s to a minute long). I don't know if this is a problem with the sim or the phone. So what should I do?
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
6239 posts
164 upvotes
Leave Rogers. And while you're at it, get everyone else you know to do the same.
RFD's Resident Ol' School Rap Guru
No, you're not entitled to your own opinion, you're only entitled to what you can argue for.
Otherwise, don't start.

*VESTAX* PMC-05PROIII Battle Mixer for sale!!
[OP]
Dec 27, 2012
8 posts
1 upvote
DELTA
I don't want to pay the cancellation fee of $480 though.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
6239 posts
164 upvotes
Yeah, it's a shame, that cancellation fee, such is the cost of doing business with criminals.

I hope it works out for you, maybe someone else has suggestions on how to deal with it. Personally I just paid the fee and wished Rogers good riddance. I've never been happier with my service providers.
RFD's Resident Ol' School Rap Guru
No, you're not entitled to your own opinion, you're only entitled to what you can argue for.
Otherwise, don't start.

*VESTAX* PMC-05PROIII Battle Mixer for sale!!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
3821 posts
329 upvotes
Barrys Bay
Its Rogers,

Incoming calls( if answered ) incur minutes, Voicemail received and checking messages incurs minutes. SO even calling your voicemail, uses minutes

worse is when someone calls and hangs up on voicemail, yoiur dinged 2 minutes basically.

You state flu, maybe you where delerious and didn't realize you made as many calls.

If its a balckberry, claim maybe pocket dials to get out of over 20 mins used.
Mar 18, 2005
287 posts
76 upvotes
Fido has tried scamming me before. Went out of the country for over a month, removed sim from phone and stored it in my wallet. When I got back I found charges, not roaming charges though, for long distance calls I supposedly made to a random area code in canada(I think) in the middle of that period.
Left them soon after that.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
1382 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
theguyz wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 8:15 pm
Its Rogers,

Incoming calls( if answered ) incur minutes, Voicemail received and checking messages incurs minutes. SO even calling your voicemail, uses minutes

worse is when someone calls and hangs up on voicemail, yoiur dinged 2 minutes basically.

You state flu, maybe you where delerious and didn't realize you made as many calls.

If its a balckberry, claim maybe pocket dials to get out of over 20 mins used.
WTF are you talking about??? if you don't pick up an call you aren't charged for minutes... and someone leaving your a voice mail does not incur usage, UNLESS you use your cell phone to call into your voice mail to check.

As for OP, check your phones all history and total minutes that you used on the phone... since you were sick.. you might have made a 20 sec call or picked up a call.. but didn't properly hang up the phone.. Rogers has an app to let you track total calls. Don't use your phone any more until your next Rogers bill and check the call logs to confirm your 1min (20 second) calls
[OP]
Dec 27, 2012
8 posts
1 upvote
DELTA
The app won't let check. It says there have been changes made to your current billing cycle and that it can't display it. I only got 1 call and I'm 100% sure that I hung up.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
1145 posts
79 upvotes
Each time you dial out ... no matter if it connects or doesn't counts as ONE MINUTE.

The rule is:

Either 30 minutes & 15 days (Buyer's Remorse)
Signature removed for violating the rules.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2012
8 posts
1 upvote
DELTA
It hasn't been 15 days yet so can I still return it?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2012
8 posts
1 upvote
DELTA
I've only had the phone for 4 days and I've dialed out 5 times yet Rogers is saying I used over 140 mins.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
1145 posts
79 upvotes
either 15 days & 30 minutes.

You can return if under 15 days AND under 30 minutes of usage.

Rogers system (or any other provider's system) indicates the amount of usage on your phone.

You can go to a Retail Location to have them look at it ...
[OP]
Dec 27, 2012
8 posts
1 upvote
DELTA
I already called rogers and they told me my usage. All I want to know is how could I have used 140 mins in 4 days while only calling 5 times.
The problem is I cant return it because I'm over my usage, but I haven't used it at all.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
1145 posts
79 upvotes
Manu14 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 11:38 pm
I already called rogers and they told me my usage. All I want to know is how could I have used 140 mins in 4 days while only calling 5 times.
The problem is I cant return it because I'm over my usage, but I haven't used it at all.
The system doesn't lie. If you don't believe it ... take it into a Store and let the Rep show you ...
[OP]
Dec 27, 2012
8 posts
1 upvote
DELTA
Say I leave my phone with them for a day, and it says I'm still making calls, would they return it then?
× < >