• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2009 12:07 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 16, 2008
576 posts
16 upvotes
yup, I got scammed a few years ago on a MIR. even their website had tracking and said that it was processed. emailed them about a dozen times but nothing ever came of it.

consider it gone.
I used to be me!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1403 posts
97 upvotes
You're right but If you look in the Buttom to the contact number in that page 1-800-953-3098 it's the same to :

http://www.status-now.com/contact.php

1-800-953-3098 which is Tempe-AZ united state

also the supervisor is the same.

CalgaryRunner wrote:
Jan 24th, 2009 1:31 pm
The mailing address for the Gigabyte MIR you linked to is in Ontario, not Arizona. So you're dealing with more than one rebate processing company.

Are you claiming that both rebate processing companies are refusing to issue you rebates and both companies refuse to give you any reason whatsoever as to why they're doing it? I find that hard to believe.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2002
6849 posts
4 upvotes
May wrote:
Jan 24th, 2009 7:19 pm
You're right but If you look in the Buttom to the contact number in that page 1-800-953-3098 it's the same to :

http://www.status-now.com/contact.php

1-800-953-3098 which is Tempe-AZ united state

also the supervisor is the same.
The more I read your story, the more I am convinced you're the problem. Nobody sends in 3 perfectly completed MIR submissions on time for 3 different products to 3 different addresses in 2 different countries and gets rejected by all 3 for "no good reason".

I have probably claimed about 25-30 MIRs over the years. I have never missed getting a rebate. In fact, Corsair paid me twice and OCZ paid me more after pointing out flaws in their rebate systems.

Wait 12 weeks, then contact the individual manufactures' customer service departments. Most companies have people to deal with rebates when these clearing houses fail.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
1821 posts
508 upvotes
Mark099 wrote:
Jan 24th, 2009 8:07 pm
Wait 12 weeks, then contact the individual manufactures' customer service departments. Most companies have people to deal with rebates when these clearing houses fail.
Or contact the retailer to assist you with getting the rebates, but you're not going to get anywhere until you find out why the rebates are being rejected.

I've only had one rebate come back as rejected, and that was a Netgear switch that I bought from Memory Express. The reason given on the rejection card was that I didn't buy it from a participating retailer. I went and looked at the rebate form that I had downloaded from Memory Express's website and lo and behold - Memory Express wasn't listed in the fine print on the form as one of the retailers.

I called up Memory Express and explained the problem and they in turn contacted Netgear to resolve it for me. It turned out that Memory Express really should have been listed on the form as a participating retailer. I received my rebate cheque a couple of weeks later.

I personally hate MIRs just like everybody else but I've always eventually received all of them.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2002
6849 posts
4 upvotes
May wrote:
Jan 25th, 2009 12:28 pm
Major Rebate Processor Files For Bankruptcy

http://blog.slickdeals.net/index.php/20 ... e-affected
That doesn't affect any of your rebates. You are losing credibility with every post. Either tell us the truth and the real reason you were rejected 3 times by two different clearing houses, or quit whining and we'll assume you didn't follow the procedures properly.

If you throw enough darts eventually you'll hit a bullseye. Keep practicing, but don't whine everytime you hit the wall.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3543 posts
386 upvotes
Vancouver
I've gotten all my corsair rebates. I've only had 2 issues with not getting me rebates in general. One time, the company went bankrupt. Other time, I forget. I think it's good to treat mirs like going to las Vegas slots.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
50 upvotes
shibbyguy wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2009 7:24 pm
Not all MIR's are thieves, I've never had any problems so far except waiting like 8 months to get $15. But I do know people have had MIRs not sent out, which IS wrong. Just be cautious to which companies you buy from that have MIR's. For me, eVGA always gets my rebates in a timely matter, where as OCZ takes a long time but i do eventually get it.

Tip to all, when buying items with a rebate, think of it as you'll never see your money again and whatever price you paid is the actual price. Then when you get the rebate cheque, it's a bonus.
I've had a few problems, not always the rebate companys fault.

One someone, no idea who stole the UPC from my envelope and it was sent back to me.
There is no way I could have forgotten to put it in the envelope as I have a "system" fo rmy rebates...and have done 100+ in the past 3 years :)
I alway cut out my upc and then stick it to a small sheet of paper or else to the bottom of the recipt.
Then scan the receipt and rebate form and save and date in in a file on my pc.
I have not backed up that file online, even though that might be a useful thing to do.

The only other rebate I had an issue with was a Tostitos $10 rebate.
It took 3+ months to get here, deposit it the same week and got a letter back from the bank saying the cheque was not accepted, it was either lack of funds or wrong date that the letter/form said.
Have not bought tostitos since, but they really taste liek crap so maybe a good thing!
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
3353 posts
66 upvotes
I find that MIR's are deception towards the consumers and never should be consider to be a deal!

I bought BENQ LCD and they were suppose to send me 50$ cheque back. I called the Rebate Centre and they said they sent it and just wait. I waited for addition 2 months (obvious after the 8-14 week period).

I called them back to ask where was it, instead they hung up on me, when i try to find out where was my money!

I vowed to NEVER ever to get trick into these deals again. Besides I can live w/o items that offer the MIR, so its simply playing the waiting game. =P
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2008
4773 posts
40 upvotes
May, so what you are saying is that you sent 3 different rebates on time to 3 different centres and all 3 say you're denied and all 3 don't give the reason.
Is that what you're saying?
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
16897 posts
4575 upvotes
Toronto
MIR for the most part is almost a guarantee that you will not get unless you followup, hazzle them, and keep documentation. Most of these companies are scam artists.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14224 posts
1094 upvotes
carmaster wrote:
Nov 8th, 2009 11:52 pm
MIR for the most part is almost a guarantee that you will not get unless you followup, hazzle them, and keep documentation. Most of these companies are scam artists.
I've always gotten every single one of my MIR without doing any of that. The trick is to fill them out properly and mail them on time.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
3049 posts
990 upvotes
Vancouver
Same here, never missed out on any MIR. Granted that:

1) usually takes like 2 months :P

2) never dealt with gigabyte or corsair. Mostly crucial and OCZ
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
855 upvotes
... talk about bumping up a dead thread.

NCIX will do a "follow-up" about it if the OP's story is true but of course since this is a year ago, i doubt any of that info even matters...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6225 posts
882 upvotes
Why did somebody bump up this dead thread? Why waste people's time on this old problem when you have nothing new to add?