Missed Air canada flight

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2021 5:35 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
Doubleshot wrote: You will need a police report and etc if you want to blame traffic accident and file a claim
Huh? How would you get a police report for an accident that you were not involved in?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
2547 posts
1902 upvotes
GTA
bobby wrote: Thats a good idea of buying travel insurance but how would you get a police report when you are just a bystander . Because of accidents traffic do jam up will the cops give me a copy of the accident report. So I can file travel insurance ?
I don't think travel insurance will cover it if you missed the flight in your instance. They will make you run in circles trying to explain why you didn't leave for the airport earlier.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12400 posts
4936 upvotes
Toronto
People don't get what insurance means, it cover in the event of unexpected event or accident happens which are out of your control.

If you leave house late and missed the flight, this is not an unexpected event. If there a an huge highway accident and highway closed for 6 hours, then it is an unexpected event.
Cruise ship cannot dock due to weather, this is an unexpected event.

For cruise, it is always ideal to arrive one day early and one day after your cruise trip. To avoid you either miss the flight to return home or miss the cruise at the dock.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8555 posts
11766 upvotes
GTA
starchoice wrote: Huh? How would you get a police report for an accident that you were not involved in?
You're not going to get a reply. The post is almost 4 years old by a banned user.
Jun 16, 2009
713 posts
432 upvotes
Mississauga
dr_torch wrote: Did you actually fly via SLA - Salta, Argentina? It's quite a detour.
He probably meant SLC Salt Lake City , Typo, I guess