Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Mitsubishi

2015 Mirage now starts @ $8998 with 10 year warranty

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2016 2:44 pm
Tags:
Mar 13, 2016
8 posts
8 upvotes
Eastern Ontario

[Mitsubishi] 2015 Mirage now starts @ $8998 with 10 year warranty

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
Expiry:
March 31, 2016
More offers from Mitsubishi
Hi there, first post.

I saw this deal on a U.S. deals site and waited to see if anyone would post the Canadian version here ... Nope. So here it is.

I get a kick out of the Nissan Micra and the Mirage battling it out for "cheapest new car" in Canada. (For 2016 Chevy Spark has joined the battle too).

This month Mitsubishi increased their perpetual discount on remaining 2015 Mirages because a redesigned version is just around the corner.

The base 5-speed Mirage is now:
$8,998
includes $3,500 consumer cash
+ $1,481 in freight and fees = $10,479 selling price
Car details: https://www.mitsubishi-motors.ca/en/veh ... rage/2015/

If you can drive stick and live without A/C, the base car seems like a great deal. If those are deal-breakers, I bet you could negotiate a pretty good discount on a higher trim.

The "enthusiast press" reviews of the Mirage have been pretty harsh, but actual owners seem to love the car. It's a simple A-to-B runabout / commuter appliance with excellent fuel economy and a long warranty. Don't expect blistering acceleration or razor sharp suspension and you'll be happy.

From an earlier thread here about the Mirage:
Under 3L/100km is possible if your an eco driver plus minor mods to the car.
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.p ... 24971.html

Online community that talks about the Mirage
http://mirageforum.com/
56 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58618 posts
24555 upvotes
Nice. I checked autotrader for my car's value and people are listing them from $800 to $2000 (this is too high) so there's no point of selling unless it starts breaking down.

How is the crash ratings on the Mirage. The small overlap testing was poor for the 2014:
Mar 13, 2016
8 posts
8 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
I think the small overlap results are bad for a lot of cars that were designed before that test was introduced. My guess is it won't improve until the next re-design.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
[IMG]http://images.hgmsites.net/med/2017-mit ... 4515_m.jpg[/IMG]

Wait for the 2017 Mirage

2017 Mirage also a retuned suspension set up specifically for the North American market, as well as bigger brakes.
Also a new steering wheel and other tweaks--including new seat material front and rear--and an available 300-watt Rockford Fosgate audio system.
The 2017 Mirage will also be offered with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto--making it the first Mitsubishi model in the U.S. with these options.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/110 ... -auto-show
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58618 posts
24555 upvotes
Sounds like the 2017 should be here before year-end unless Mitsubishi works on T-1 year basis just like how this Mirage is not the 2016 model.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
alanbrenton wrote: Sounds like the 2017 should be here before year-end unless Mitsubishi works on T-1 year basis just like how this Mirage is not the 2016 model.
Should be available this month.

"The 2017 Mirage (Mitsubishi skipped 2016), available in March, gets an interior and exterior re-design, and becomes the first model from the company to offer Android Auto and Apple CarPlay."
from http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-dr ... e28210390/
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5865 posts
3138 upvotes
Winnipeg
driving without AC? probably can do that in northern MB.
May 19, 2005
950 posts
569 upvotes
Kingston
tk1000 wrote: [IMG]http://images.hgmsites.net/med/2017-mit ... 4515_m.jpg[/IMG]

Wait for the 2017 Mirage

2017 Mirage also a retuned suspension set up specifically for the North American market, as well as bigger brakes.
Also a new steering wheel and other tweaks--including new seat material front and rear--and an available 300-watt Rockford Fosgate audio system.
The 2017 Mirage will also be offered with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto--making it the first Mitsubishi model in the U.S. with these options.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/110 ... -auto-show
The point of this car is its cheap, how much more do you think you'll pay if you "Wait for the 2017 Mirage" I'd bet close to 50% more.

Seriously, if you're buying a cheap car, who cares what it looks like ? Especially if a slightly nicer version costs you $4,000. ??

And if you can afford to pay $4,000. more for a 2017, why are you buying one anyway ?
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19126 posts
9046 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
My friend had the Mirage as a rental from Enterprise. It vibrates just as much as a girl's vibrator. If you don't mind that, the lack of safety, and the noise, then go for it.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2451 posts
873 upvotes
geokilla wrote: My friend had the Mirage as a rental from Enterprise. It vibrates just as much as a girl's vibrator. If you don't mind that, the lack of safety, and the noise, then go for it.
I am pretty sure your gf will compliment my vibrator, an o6 Jetta TDI with 328,000km and ready to blow anytime now.

That 17 Mirage is pretty cute too.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2009
1219 posts
884 upvotes
Awesome deal for someone who just needs a car to get from place to place.

Great winter car IMO because by the time the warrantee runs out, it'll start getting rusty (like any car driven in the winter salt) and then you just throw it away.

Clearly not a performance car or a car that would really be enjoyable to own. But to get an enjoyable car you have to spend significantly more. And if you drive it in the winter, it's going to be wrecked regardless.

Pretty tempted, but my current winter car still works, hopefully for at least another year or 2..
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21127 posts
9784 upvotes
Toronto
I would rather pay $10K for a good used car instead of this box on wheels.
Aug 4, 2007
720 posts
4263 upvotes
Mississauga
Sorry if I offended anyone with this post, but those are my thoughts on Mitsubishi.

Who buys a Mitsubishi nowadays? They don't offer anything exciting in their North American lineup. Days of Pajero (Montero), 3000GT VR4, Eclipse and Evo are long gone. They don't have any competitive products in their showrooms. Dealerships are far few in between. Their factory that use to produce vehicles for North American market is gonna be shut for good in May of this year! I think that pretty soon they will follow Suzuki and pull out of our market. Engine in the Outlander (V6) is not a class competitive either - it drinks premium fuel like a drunken sailor, yet provides similar power to a modern 4 cylinder.

The only buyers of Mitsubishi are those who can't get financed elsewhere. And who wants to sweat in a penalty box without A/C? Folks, unless you're planning to pay cash and to drive a car until wheels fall off, get something else! Because there's nothing worth that getting a negative equity on a trade in (when you're trading in your vehicle that has not been payed off yet and your existing car loan is getting rolled onto a new one).
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1569 posts
1329 upvotes
Toronto
I got a 95 Corolla with 3 working brakes, a cracked windshield and 300 on the clock.
The engine vibrates like a hot dang on account of the EGR valve filling the intake with crud every 30,000 K.
No suspension left to speak of.
I'll be able to squeeze another 2 years out of the corolla until I take her out to the big green pasture off of Sewells Drive.

I find the Mirage appealing, given what I look for in a car.
If the engine and tranny are reliable, then who really cares about the rest?
Drive it like a rented mule.
Apr 16, 2010
57 posts
4 upvotes
Markham
it does not offer automatic transmission? I checked SE model?
Mar 2, 2015
804 posts
161 upvotes
Edmonton
This car seems like a death trap. If you value living and not dying, look elsewhere