Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
2392 posts
187 upvotes
Alberta

Mixing Summer & Winter Windshield Washer Fluid

I have summer windshield washer fluid in my tank right now, does anyone know if it is ok to mix summer and winter antifreeze? Just wondering if mixing the 2 different solutions would hurt the paint at all.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2008
4736 posts
740 upvotes
BC
Anonymouse wrote:
Oct 25th, 2010 8:34 pm
In that case I recommend that you pump out as much of the summer stuff as you can and replace it with the winter fluid. You risk cracking your fluid reservoir if it freezes, and they are sometimes a pain to replace.

+1
You can suck it out (slowly) with a turkey baster from the dollar store,
or siphon it all out quickly with one of those plastic jobs for a few dollars from CT, Walmart, etc.

Put in a clean container for next Spring.
Oct 25, 2010
348 posts
23 upvotes
Northern Onterio
I live in Northern Ontario...purchase a new car last year which came with the OEM summer fluid, I used up about 75% and filled it back up with Motomaster -45 (green) fluid...the temp up here drops to as low as -40 and I did not have any problem with my washer fluid freezing or leave any damage to my brand new paint.

This year Iam running the summer RainX (pink) and will be mixing it with the RainX -49 (green) this stuff works amazing.

Im sure as long as you put in at least 75% winter washer fluid you will be fine. ch33rs
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
5450 posts
288 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
macnut wrote:
Oct 26th, 2010 1:58 am
+1
or siphon it all out quickly with one of those plastic jobs for a few dollars from CT, Walmart, etc.

if you do not intend on keeping it. just run it and spray it out.
Deal Guru
Nov 2, 2003
14292 posts
602 upvotes
Scarborough
m4gician wrote:
Oct 26th, 2010 3:49 am
if you do not intend on keeping it. just run it and spray it out.

uh... that's pretty bad advice... the pump will overheat and stop working altogether as it will take a while to spray out 2L+ of fluids.
MOONBOX PRO:Group Buy | User Thread
H.TVBox 3 Group Buy | User Thread
TVPad4 | User Thread

Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2009
1166 posts
74 upvotes
Red Deer
macnut wrote:
Oct 26th, 2010 1:58 am
+1

That's a lot of work just save a $1.00

I usually just mix the two and no problem, or if you are unsure , just add a little alcohol.(gasline antifreeze)
× < >