Group Deals

MK808 Dual Core Android 4.1 TV BOX CortexA9 1GB RAM 8GB ROM 49.99 freeship Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2013 8:32 am
Jan 20, 2010
114 posts
3 upvotes
I would love to get one for my father-in-law, is there any online or real stores I can pick this or any of the good android sticks up before christmas?

Thanks
Mar 17, 2012
22 posts
1 upvote
TORONTO
kool1 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 10:26 am
Might be more trouble than it's worth.

How much power is it really burning anyway right?
i've read overheating issue... :o

also read some wireless keyboard have an off button..may work.. :confused:

there must be an shutdown app. that will work.. :cheesygri
Aug 3, 2006
80 posts
13 upvotes
boratan wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 12:21 pm

so far this device has worked well...
no overheating issues here

WIFI is a subjective thing, and maybe the antenna's aren't the greatest, but if you do have good coverage, it will work well

everything is plug and play, and only one app after the finlessbob flash causes my device to reboot

as to "shutting down" I have a power button on my logitec k400, and it will shut the device down gracefully, BUT will not boot it back up...

i guess the thing to do is just leave it on all the time
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
6788 posts
758 upvotes
boratan wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 12:21 pm

Overheating - good point. Must be a way to shut down..
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
1123 posts
211 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm having trouble flashing a custom rom. The tool says "No found RKAndroid Rock USB". If I put the mk808 in mass storage mode it works fine, it also shows as a media device in MTP mode but I cant flash it...anyone have any tips?? Thanks
Dec 9, 2006
80 posts
21 upvotes
Waterloo
fruzmatik wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 12:11 pm
I'm having trouble flashing a custom rom. The tool says "No found RKAndroid Rock USB". If I put the mk808 in mass storage mode it works fine, it also shows as a media device in MTP mode but I cant flash it...anyone have any tips?? Thanks
Hope this will help (Step 3 from instructions)

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/20 ... e-release/
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
3634 posts
3 upvotes
Markham Toronto area
Got it updated to the latest Finless Custom ROM. Was wondering how do you guys transfer files from PC to the MK808 via Wifi? (we can transfer almost 8GB onto this?) My computer cannot see this device, and the MK808 cannot view my network without entering some username/password which I am confused about.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2009
3078 posts
632 upvotes
Enter user name and password that you use on the PC to log in.
I use ESfile explorer to transfer files but more basic and easier to use would be AirDroid
Jul 23, 2006
276 posts
60 upvotes
yoshim wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 5:23 pm
Got it updated to the latest Finless Custom ROM. Was wondering how do you guys transfer files from PC to the MK808 via Wifi? (we can transfer almost 8GB onto this?) My computer cannot see this device, and the MK808 cannot view my network without entering some username/password which I am confused about.
you setup DLNA server on pc, share moive files, install DLNA player on android, then play it on fly,
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
3634 posts
3 upvotes
Markham Toronto area
Thanks for the info. Which is the best DLNA client/server for this MK808?

I noticed there is also a built in "eHomeMediaCenter" that shows up on my computer network. What is this for?
Aug 3, 2006
80 posts
13 upvotes
yoshim wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 10:07 pm
Thanks for the info. Which is the best DLNA client/server for this MK808?

I noticed there is also a built in "eHomeMediaCenter" that shows up on my computer network. What is this for?
the eHomeMediaCenter app works for DNLA, but I perfer to use bubble upnp... you can set up playlists and such, which I use for my tablet for my stereo...

I found the eHomeMediaCenter video player to crash my device every time I use it, and I wish there was a way to delete it...

also intresting

when streaming 720p mp4 container content, I find DNLA recognized media type streams much better than via network share over wireless... same movie, different method, one is choppy, one isn't... and I have 65mbps connectivity

cie la vie... too bad windows media server doesn't recognize everything
× < >