• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2014 4:11 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7608 posts
7342 upvotes
Showed a photo of his Note 4 on his instagram feed; new review probably within a week.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
1974 posts
216 upvotes
In his hand video above, he notes his reviews will be delayed over the next 6-8 weeks because of his injury, which is the reason for the delay in his iPhone 6 & 6+ reviews.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7608 posts
7342 upvotes
leaves wrote: In his hand video above, he notes his reviews will be delayed over the next 6-8 weeks because of his injury, which is the reason for the delay in his iPhone 6 & 6+ reviews.
He did the Samsung Galaxy Alpha review in a cast - so he'll have reviews sooner rather than later.

That phone was featured on his Instagram feed three weeks ago, so expect his iPhone and Note reviews to roll out at the same schedule.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
1974 posts
216 upvotes
Madchester wrote: expect his iPhone and Note reviews to roll out at the same schedule.
I'm sure he will review the new Note, but I wouldn't expect to see it for a minimum of three weeks.

Madchester wrote: he'll have reviews sooner rather than later.
"I'd rather be the best video than the first video... the frequency will be a little bit less... as I get surgery and fix my hand."
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7608 posts
7342 upvotes
leaves wrote: I'm sure he will review the new Note, but I wouldn't expect to see it for a minimum of three weeks.

"I'd rather be the best video than the first video... the frequency will be a little bit less... as I get surgery and fix my hand."
Yet he released his Galaxy Alpha video. And he first got the phone the same week he injured his hand.

Let's have a bet. If he releases said Note video within 3 weeks I'll donate $50 to charity of your choice.

If its over 3 weeks later, you donate $50 to a charity of my choice (Unicef Canada).
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
1974 posts
216 upvotes
Madchester wrote: Yet he released his Galaxy Alpha video. And he first got the phone the same week he injured his hand.

Let's have a bet. If he releases said Note video within 3 weeks I'll donate $50 to charity of your choice.

If its over 3 weeks later, you donate $50 to a charity of my choice (Unicef Canada).
I would accept your offer of a bet, if you are willing to change the stakes to the use of the other person's signature for the month of November (non-offensive content / acceptable to the other party). If MKBHD releases his Note 4 review video before 11:59 pm EDT, 26 October 2014, you win - if it is released after that time, I win.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7608 posts
7342 upvotes
leaves wrote: I would accept your offer of a bet, if you are willing to change the stakes to the use of the other person's signature for the month of November (non-offensive content / acceptable to the other party). If MKBHD releases his Note 4 review video before 11:59 pm EDT, 26 October 2014, you win - if it is released after that time, I win.
Name your charity. I'm waiting.

Put your money where your mouth is.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
1974 posts
216 upvotes
Madchester wrote: Name your charity. I'm waiting.

I guess I'll just have to settle with being right.

:)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7608 posts
7342 upvotes
leaves wrote: I guess I'll just have to settle with being right.

Again, put your money where you mouth is. Talk is cheap.

I'll post a screenshot of a $20 donation to Sick Kids in half an hour to get the ball rolling.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7608 posts
7342 upvotes
Madchester wrote: Yet he released his Galaxy Alpha video. And he first got the phone the same week he injured his hand.

leaves wrote: I would accept your offer of a bet, if you are willing to change the stakes to the use of the other person's signature for the month of November (non-offensive content / acceptable to the other party). If MKBHD releases his Note 4 review video before 11:59 pm EDT, 26 October 2014, you win - if it is released after that time, I win.

Madchester wrote: Name your charity. I'm waiting.

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/10r96l0.png[/IMG]

For someone who's always so adamant about his opinions, you're not so brave when you have to put your money where your mouth is.

Still waiting for your charity of choice.

This is even better than any forum signature bet. I can always link to this thread and your comments about chickening out.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
1974 posts
216 upvotes
Madchester wrote: For someone who's always so adamant about his opinions, you're not so brave when you have to put your money where your mouth is.
I stand behind my opinion.

However, I do not support private financial donations to charity. I prefer to advocate for proper government support for valid social services such as hospitals, rather than turn our country into a nation of beggars for basic healthcare.

Madchester wrote: I can always link to this thread and your comments about chickening out.
If you believe attempted shaming is an ethical strategy, then by all means link away.

See you on the 27th.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7608 posts
7342 upvotes
leaves wrote: I stand behind my opinion.

However, I do not support private financial donations to charity. I prefer to advocate for proper government support for valid social services such as hospitals, rather than turn our country into a nation of beggars for basic healthcare.

If you believe attempted shaming is an ethical strategy, then by all means link away.

See you on the 27th.
LOL.

Pot kettle black?

Having someone change their forum signature as part of a bet is a form of "shaming".

Seriously, I'm still waiting for your charity of choice. It's the fall - lots of charities doing their fundraising right now.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7608 posts
7342 upvotes
leaves wrote: MKBHD reviews the iPhone 6...

Again, What's your charity of choice again? I'm serious.

I'd be surprised if his Note 4 review isn't out by the end of the month.

This is (going to be) priceless.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
1974 posts
216 upvotes
MKBHD reviews the iPhone 6 Plus...

Apr 7, 2013
53 posts
22 upvotes
MKBHD is Awesome! I find his reviews honest & the reviews are helpful in determining what gadgets/devices are best overall (performance, features etc)
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
1646 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
Madchester wrote: [IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/10r96l0.png[/IMG]

For someone who's always so adamant about his opinions, you're not so brave when you have to put your money where your mouth is.

Still waiting for your charity of choice.

This is even better than any forum signature bet. I can always link to this thread and your comments about chickening out.
Why sick kids? I'm in for helping sick kids, but not the foundation where half the donation goes to running the foundation.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7608 posts
7342 upvotes
leaves wrote: MKBHD reviews the Note 4...

(49 hours ahead of my prediction three weeks ago. ;) )
In other words you were wrong.

So what's your charity of choice. Blank check for $50 waiting.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7608 posts
7342 upvotes
conix67 wrote: Why sick kids? I'm in for helping sick kids, but not the foundation where half the donation goes to running the foundation.
The point is Mr. Leaves didn't have the balls to stand up for his opinion. Didn't even make a proper counter-offer to my bet.

If he was so "against" a monetary bet, he could have put up some volunteer hours and posted proof of his commitment online.

Hell, with Movember coming up, he could have offered to grow a moustache/beard for a month and I would have sponsored him for $50.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)