Expired Hot Deals

[MLB] Flash sale Jun. 29th 6pm - 7pm ET 2017 MLB.TV yearly subscriptions for only $10 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2017 10:01 am
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16857 posts
6652 upvotes
Oakville
I just checked my CC, and I see that they charged me $10US. I would have called and tried to fight it if it was $14US, but it's not worth my time calling and arguing with them over $3US.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2889 posts
453 upvotes
Vancouver
I encountered the same BS last year when i signed up for a promo via a group link on RFD. They didn't charge me the right amount and when I emailed them, they wanted the email addresses of everyone in the group.

Ridiculous!
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21166 posts
10599 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Bunch of morons working over at Mlb tv. I asked them to cancel my auto enrolment for 2018 and they cancelled my shit for this year.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2889 posts
453 upvotes
Vancouver
javachamp wrote: Hey guys. I've got a little request. MLB messed up my subscription ... instead of just cancelling my auto-renewal, they cancelled the whole thing. It's their fault, but in order for them to restore my subscription at that rate, they are requesting at least 3 email addresses that used the code. I guess to verify that it should be a 30% discount.

May I request 3 (or more) good souls to PM me the email address you used to subscribe. Would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks in advance!
nasa25 wrote: Bunch of morons working over at Mlb tv. I asked them to cancel my auto enrolment for 2018 and they cancelled my shit for this year.
Exact same thing happened to me. They said I need to provide the email addresses of the group members of the group I joined in order to get the group rate ($7) again. I think I'm not gonna bother and just order it again and wait for their partial refund so that I'll still get it for $10.
Jan 14, 2013
38 posts
11 upvotes
NORTH YORK
litebrite wrote: Exact same thing happened to me. They said I need to provide the email addresses of the group members of the group I joined in order to get the group rate ($7) again. I think I'm not gonna bother and just order it again and wait for their partial refund so that I'll still get it for $10.
My issue was resolved but it was a PITA.

Short story -- they ended up charging me $79.99 then refunding $72.99 ($7.00 USD net). But due to FX conversion on my CC (refunds have lower conversion rate), I ended up paying $14.51 CAD. Oh well!
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2005
2126 posts
1080 upvotes
Ottawa
litebrite wrote: Exact same thing happened to me. They said I need to provide the email addresses of the group members of the group I joined in order to get the group rate ($7) again. I think I'm not gonna bother and just order it again and wait for their partial refund so that I'll still get it for $10.
They just refunded me $3 so I ended up paying $14.12 - $3 = $11.12 in the end. It looks like that's as good as it will get.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2889 posts
453 upvotes
Vancouver
Bunyak wrote: They just refunded me $3 so I ended up paying $14.12 - $3 = $11.12 in the end. It looks like that's as good as it will get.
did you have to provide email addresses of people in the group?
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2005
2126 posts
1080 upvotes
Ottawa
litebrite wrote: did you have to provide email addresses of people in the group?
No, I didn't. I reminded them that MLB.com deducted the 30% discount from the $19.99 subscription price ($19.99 - 30% = $14.12), which implies that I am the member of a group that earned the discount.

Actually, I don't know whether they deducted $3 from $14.12 or from $9.99. Their message was not clear. I'll check my credit card balance later today.
Feb 26, 2012
26 posts
4 upvotes
NEWMARKET
Like movieking I joined Xraive's group for $7USD (saw my name in his group)...Same response as others got ...On July 1st told I was in at $14.12CND...Mlb.tv got back to me today ...Said they needed email addresses and whatever...
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2005
2126 posts
1080 upvotes
Ottawa
pauleh wrote: Like movieking I joined Xraive's group for $7USD (saw my name in his group)...Same response as others got ...On July 1st told I was in at $14.12CND...Mlb.tv got back to me today ...Said they needed email addresses and whatever...
I was in the same group. For some reason, I assumed that I had been billed US$14.12, not C$14.12. Looking at my USD credit card balance, I was billed US$10, which converts to roughly C$14. If they make good on their promise to reduce my charge by $3 (US?), then I should finally have my US$7 deal.

UPDATE: MLB.com reimbursed me US$3 so my final fee is US$7. I didn't have to provide any group e-mail addresses in the end.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
1762 posts
1251 upvotes
I got my refund for the 30%. $3 USD take off my credit statement.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3136 posts
283 upvotes
Never got a response back but it looks like I got charged the $7 USD as well.