Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2011
6190 posts
1546 upvotes
GTA

MLS deal data export to xls?

I am asking this question on Investing sub-forum because I want to get out of the the market timing/prediction crowd’s way. I am asking on behalf of my realtor friend working with a family office. The reason I am asking is analysis, basic stats and due diligence and certain buildings have much higher turnover and the amount of manual data entry is just overwhelming.

The question is whether or not it’s illegal, or practically legal for a realtor to gather deal level broker details under his/her own login to provide to client’s private use, non-distribution. non-commercial use, through manual copy/paste, or through automated means, once a day, non-commercial use, and non-distribution/redistribution. Will the realtor get in trouble or lose his/her license for this?

Or alternatively, where should I go to find definite answer to this question?

Any suggestion out-of-box solutions options? preferably cost under $250? List of technical ways screen scraping
- http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/
3 replies
Jun 18, 2006
592 posts
33 upvotes
I believe you would have to look through the MLS login/account agreement acknowledged when your friend registered to obtain MLS access. I have never seen the MLS internal site myself, but I would imagine this information is readily available.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2011
6190 posts
1546 upvotes
GTA
You can ask your realtor to supply your broker level details through email, and it will appear in a long list of all transaction data given certain search criteria, sold, leased or even expired, essentially equivalent to realtor access....people ask for those for property tax assessments.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2011
6190 posts
1546 upvotes
GTA
These disclosure are from Realtor.CA. TorontoMLS is another site, but I will check. TorontoMLS provide much deeper info than Realtor.CA.

The RedPin only show new projects...I doubt they had consent, or anyone ever did....

Here is the punch in the face, TREB copyrighted on individual's public information gathered by collaborated efforts on and assumes no liability of that data: "Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB) assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information shown. Copyright TREB 2013"

I hope Google will come in and kill this.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)