Automotive

Mob of bikers surround SUV and get run over in NYC (Video)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2015 7:25 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 21, 2010
572 posts
82 upvotes
Canada
As someone who used to ride a motorcycle, I have to say the culture is terrible now, especially in groups. I'd like to be able to say that it is only a small percentage of motorcyclists that are the problem but it's actually a fairly sizable issue. From stunts like these to general recklessness and lack of self regard. Between that and the amount of ***** drivers out there, I'll stick to my box.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1024 posts
206 upvotes
Calgary
hyperion wrote:
Oct 1st, 2013 8:07 pm
Guy in the LR was an idiot, and he caused it all. Why was he riding in the middle of the road when he saw that huge pack of bikes coming?
Why can't the LR drive in the middle of the road??? Isn't he just like any other driver like us?
I still don't get why those Ruff Riders wannabe had to ride in a big pack
Were they all heading to an all guys orgy party???
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2012
1118 posts
204 upvotes
would make a great commercial for land rovers, 4x4 engaged
driving over motorbikes and moronic riders
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12071 posts
1097 upvotes
Toronto
One of the comments on the facebook page:

Solo Denis*Marc Roffman wrote: "Here is some additional information you all might want to read. This is my personal experience with this situation. I made sure to post this on the support site as well. As a trucker that would deliver in north jersey and New York I am familiar with these gangs. I can hopefully clarify a few things. First the initial "accident" is part of a game they play. They ride in a huge group and will operate together to slow down traffic. Next they pick out high end vehicles targeting people with families in them, the targets will usually be white or Asian. Then one of the riders will do a "brake check" and stop suddenly in front of the target vehicle causing a minor bump. In some cases they will just roll back into their target vehicle. They will then mob the vehicle demanding money and or begin attacking the person inside. It is their practice to also slash the tires to prevent the vehicle from escaping. Truckers are well aware of them and are advised not to stop. You can clearly see in the video how they are well practiced in this style of attack. The police in NY have backed off them after an officer ran one down using his vehicle a few months back. The video was all over the net so I advise you to check it out. These "bikers" ride dirt bikes and sport bikes very few of which are street legal and even fewer have plates. They run red lights, stop signs, and have no regard for the law. If you are ever in this situation do not stop, immediately call the police and do whatever you have to to keep them from boxing you in. NEVER leave the scene of an accident if you are not under direct threat!!! Only run if you have no other choice, and again immediately call the police. This is not rare by any means, the only reason this incident got any attention is because of the helmet cam video being posted on the net. If you see anyone in this situation, call the police. Make no mistake confusing these punks with true bikers. You will rarely if ever see a member of these gangs on a Harley. Do not for a minute blame true bikers for this kind of behavior. Bikers like those involved in the 2 million Bikers to DC Rally are American Patriots and would be among the first to come to your aid. A final note, always be aware of motorcycles and share the road. Check your mirrors and don't ride anyone's bumper, motorcycles have a much smaller profile then a car and are harder to see."*
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
2260 posts
542 upvotes
Vancouver
1bagger wrote:
Oct 1st, 2013 3:42 pm
A couple lessons to be learned here . First learn how to drive . Not looking before changing lanes , brake checking ,cutting off others Bikes or cars might get you in conflict with the wrong person. In this case it was a large group of motorcyclists . Could have been anyone .
Of course it could have been anyone ... instead of a nice family of 3 the bikers could have messed up with 5 badass armed gangstas, let's see how that would have ended.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1429 upvotes
Pickering
hyperion wrote:
Guy in the LR was an idiot, and he caused it all. Why was he riding in the middle of the road when he saw that huge pack of bikes coming?
If any motorized vehicle was "in the middle of the road" then you can pass on the left if you want to go faster. Your sentence suggests that "a huge pack of bikes coming" means you lose all your driving privileges and need to pull over to let them continue breaking the law because you have four instead of two wheels.
Why did he not pull over after hitting that bike, and instead ran them over not once but twice? Worried about his wife and baby...yeah right, what did the bikers want with his wife and baby? He just wanted to get off without getting his arse kicked after he realized what he did, and then he continued to compound his errors by making some more terrible decisions
Since you are commenting on the video only, why would he pull over after someone deliberately got in front of him and executed actions that would GUARANTEE he would hit his bike? Who in their right mind would do such a thing against a 5000lb SUV except a person who needed a frontal lobotomy? So he already knew the bike rider was an idiot or had issues, so why would he get out to talk to him about it when it is clear that he is overly aggressive and so is the gang lending him moron support?

Wanting to get off without his arse kicked after he realized what HE did? Who is the dumbass challenging the 5000 lb SUV ( HINT he was riding a bike). So that would mean that any accident should end in fisticuffs because that is what the law says.
The bikers showed classic herd mentality, but it was only because the LR driver's actions.
So it's OK to break the law and take it into your own hands because your friends are "classic" and stupid as well?
I don't know why you think that what these fools did was justified, just because they rode bikes. Substitute the word "car" for every time we use the word "bike" and change the word "SUV" to "bicycle". So now a cyclist was riding his bike on the road and a car pulled in front of him as other cars surrounded him. The car jammed on the brakes and the cyclist couldn't brake in time and hit him. The driver of the car and the drivers of the other cars appeared angry and got out of their cars and came towards the cyclist in anger. The cyclist rode off pushing a driver down and riding over another's ankle to get away. The drivers of the cars got back in the cars in hot pursuit and surrounded the cyclist again in a threatening manner. Eventually they caught up to the cyclist, surrounded him, pulled him off his bike and beat him up.

The above is the exact same story with people that need to share the road and play by the same rules, but they didn't and it may seem different, but it isn't. In both stories, the same laws and rules were broken. Just because a bike doesn't stand a chance against a car, gives you zero extra rights to break the law. In my substituted words story you feel for the guy because he is on a bicycle and is being pursued by cars, but the reality of it is, there is no difference.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2011
1810 posts
336 upvotes
Vancouver
trixstar wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2013 12:09 am
One of the comments on the facebook page:

Solo Denis*Marc Roffman wrote: "Here is some additional information you all might want to read. This is my personal experience with this situation. I made sure to post this on the support site as well. As a trucker that would deliver in north jersey and New York I am familiar with these gangs. I can hopefully clarify a few things. First the initial "accident" is part of a game they play. They ride in a huge group and will operate together to slow down traffic. Next they pick out high end vehicles targeting people with families in them, the targets will usually be white or Asian. Then one of the riders will do a "brake check" and stop suddenly in front of the target vehicle causing a minor bump. In some cases they will just roll back into their target vehicle. They will then mob the vehicle demanding money and or begin attacking the person inside. It is their practice to also slash the tires to prevent the vehicle from escaping. Truckers are well aware of them and are advised not to stop. You can clearly see in the video how they are well practiced in this style of attack. The police in NY have backed off them after an officer ran one down using his vehicle a few months back. The video was all over the net so I advise you to check it out. These "bikers" ride dirt bikes and sport bikes very few of which are street legal and even fewer have plates. They run red lights, stop signs, and have no regard for the law. If you are ever in this situation do not stop, immediately call the police and do whatever you have to to keep them from boxing you in. NEVER leave the scene of an accident if you are not under direct threat!!! Only run if you have no other choice, and again immediately call the police. This is not rare by any means, the only reason this incident got any attention is because of the helmet cam video being posted on the net. If you see anyone in this situation, call the police. Make no mistake confusing these punks with true bikers. You will rarely if ever see a member of these gangs on a Harley. Do not for a minute blame true bikers for this kind of behavior. Bikers like those involved in the 2 million Bikers to DC Rally are American Patriots and would be among the first to come to your aid. A final note, always be aware of motorcycles and share the road. Check your mirrors and don't ride anyone's bumper, motorcycles have a much smaller profile then a car and are harder to see."*
Wow, unbelievable.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2006
2309 posts
160 upvotes
hyperion wrote:
Why did he not pull over after hitting that bike, and instead ran them over not once but twice? Worried about his wife and baby...yeah right, what did the bikers want with his wife and baby? He just wanted to get off without getting his arse kicked after he realized what he did, and then he continued to compound his errors by making some more terrible decisions.
The bikers showed classic herd mentality, but it was only because the LR driver's actions.
Exactly by your own word what did the wife and baby do that deserved their windows getting smashed in.
If my wife's window was getting smashed in I'd make a bee line out of there too.

Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
10727 posts
14380 upvotes
The mother and wife of the paralyzed man said Lien (SUV Driver) should be charged with reckless endangerment:
In an emotional interview, Mieses' mother, Yolanda Santiago, told ABC News that Lien should be charged with reckless endangerment.
"My son is fighting for his life. The Range Rover plowed right over him,'' Santiago said through tears on the front porch of her Lawrence, Mass., home.
"He's never going to be the same Jay he was,'' said Santiago, referring to her son by his nickname. Then she began to weep into her hands. "Why hasn't the driver been charged with reckless endangerment? He endangered his own child."
Mieses' wife also expressed anger at Lien.
"I blame him. And what I even blame him more for is he's out, he's not even charged, and he's the 'victim,'" Mejia said.
"His spine is crushed. All the ribs on this side are broken," she said, motioning to her left side. "He's a survivor but he's paralyzed from the waist down."
The confrontation began when the group of motorcyclists, out for an annual ride in Manhattan, surrounded Lien's Range Rover and slowed down. One biker cut off the Range Rover in traffic and then slowed his speed even further, and the Range Rover then bumped into the bike.
New York City police said today that the driver of that motorcycle was Christopher Cruz of Passaic, N.J., who was arrested. A second motorcyclist, Allen Edwards, turned himself into police in Queens today for questioning and is in custody, police said.
Cruz has been charged with reckless endangerment, acting in manner injurious to a child, menacing and reckless driving, police said.
The initial accident caused the bikers to slow down, checking on Cruz and yelling and gesturing at the Range Rover. The driver of the Range Rover then took off from the group at a high speed, barreling through the motorcyclists and hitting three of them, police said.
One of the men Lien hit was Mieses, according to his wife.
"He should have not run away," said Mejia. "He should have known he wanted to help the person on the floor. By running away, all you're doing is getting them upset like you're trying to flee the scene
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
May 28, 2006
2309 posts
160 upvotes
the police were prepared for these group of bikers for days setting up blockades and staging points where they might be meeting. Guess they exhausted all their resources.

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2013093 ... n-cops-say
mjl_toronto wrote:
Oct 1st, 2013 10:58 am
I don't blame the RR driver for what he did. I'd do the same if my family was in danger. Heck, I'll even admit that I'll go on the offensive and start slamming into these bikes as soon as they get beside me.

Maybe that means I'll go to prison. But I sure as hell won't idly sit by and let dbags like these get close to my family.

btw, is there any follow up on why it took so long for the cops to show up? Were there bikers purposely impeding their way? Was the call not given the correct priority level? Were they too far away? It seemed there was plenty of time for the driver and 911 dispatch to coordinate where to go so at least 1 cop could meet up quickly.
Jan 26, 2009
116 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Bikers got what they deserved, should have been an 18 wheeler run over them. Attacking a man and his family is unacceptable. A bunch of hooligans on bikes trying to do some shifty ***** . The SUV should have never gotten off the highway and just kept driving and called the police. If he got charged so what, it will go to court and he'd probably be found not guilty of anything.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
2005 posts
252 upvotes
Scarborough
the chinese dude should have asked for a 1v1 fight instead of getting ganged up. Thats what i would have done, and I can kick most ppls ***** one v one.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4427 posts
698 upvotes
Mississauga
Psycho44 wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2013 7:23 am
wow look how much blood was on the road..
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
1536 posts
18 upvotes
blaznazn22 wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2013 9:10 am
the chinese dude should have asked for a 1v1 fight instead of getting ganged up. Thats what i would have done, and I can kick most ppls ***** one v one.
Should have driven straight into Chinatown.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9156 posts
616 upvotes
blaznazn22 wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2013 9:10 am
Riiiight. And let's say that you are some sort of great undiscovered fighter, do you honestly think that the bikers are going to honour a 1v1 fight? The second you get the upper hand is when you'll get rushed by 100 other guys.
× < >