Automotive

Mob of bikers surround SUV and get run over in NYC (Video)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2022 9:54 am
Tags:
None
Banned
Jun 5, 2012
1418 posts
498 upvotes
garyhudson wrote: He gave up his chance to eliminate the problem. Well, he sort of took care of one, but that was it. I guess this guy has a much higher sanity tolerance than I do.
it's hard to go mad max with a baby crying in the back and a hysterical wife in the car.. it grounds a person.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19893 posts
4112 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
CalvinM wrote: TAKE NOTE of flat tire, that was what instigated the driver to start running after the first stop. And of course the mob giving you threatening looks. I guess that's why he couldn't stay on the highway and was just staying on the left lane. Can't drive with just rims.

[IMG]http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/20 ... sert-2.jpg[/IMG]
That slashed FR tire is exactly where Speedbump was where he was hit. Wouldn't surprise me if he cut it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2011
6190 posts
1546 upvotes
GTA
garyhudson wrote: 1. Call the police.
2. Lock all doors and windows.
3. Do not stop or get off the highway.
4. If were forced to a standstill like RR did, since it is a RR, put the ride height to maximum and wait. The first attempt to open my door or break my window will result in appropriate action.
5. First, reverse into as much bikes/bikers as much as you can. No need to care about anything, escaping is top priority (useful claim in court anyway)
6. Put it in Neutral, Rev it like BAM BAM BAM and then slide it back into Drive w/ Sport mode for Maximum Respect.
7. Carve a path through the bikes/bikers. The more knocked out the better.
8. Once you get going, look out for drawn weapons. If that is the case, there will be no choice but to take that threat out first.

What I dont get is why the driver of the RR did not use the only weapon he got: his 2+ tonne RR. Surely even with slashed tyres, it should easily make mince meat of these bikers, right?
#4 to 8 does make a good action movie sequence :)

In court some bikers will claim they were innocent bystanders and harmed were inflicted, given that the first aggressor (the brake checking guy) was already down. Defiantely I would put my own safety first, the gang's safety and court judgements secondary concerns.

I do however wondered if there could have been ways to gain the total control to dominate the situation i.e. have more time to decide who gets what reaction to action and how much...basically as quoted, keep rolling (bikers had to keep riding and can't get off bike), keep distance (split seconds for judging intention), and ram/fish (reaction) tail the emerging aggressor, pick them out one by one as needed. That's a big if. This is what I think the RR driver did right, he kept on going forward and without further intimidating the aggressors, but he probably went too fast, so he ran out of the road as the bikers forced him off.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Slawek wrote: W...what?! Is this a$$hat for real?
No kidding. Can't believe he has the audacity to say, "We were obeying the law"--surrre you were buddy, just like how you were obeying it in all the other videos, driving all over the place on the wrong side of the road, through stop signs, red lights, failing to yield the right of way, etc. Sure looked like you guys were totally...totally "obeying the law" :rolleyes:

Then he admits to them brake checking the guy (which over here would be considered stunting, not sure about NY). Even more funny is right when he's saying that the video shows one guy doing a wheelie, which again is highly illegal here but not sure about in NY but I imagine it would be. Also it shows in just that instant all kinds of lane splitting, failing to share the road, as well as forcing other vehicles to stop dead just so they can do their gang activities. But yes definitely...obeying the law.

I'm not sure what's more disgusting this guy saying they were "obeying the law" or this trashy "journalism"/newscast that's entertaining this horse manure and putting him up there to say it. :facepalm:
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
The wife doesn't look overly concerned, considering. In fact she may even be smiling and talking to the biker with the webcam. She's even opened the back door. Has the press coverage been missing something?

Also, why was the side window glass so difficult to break? Isn't safety glass supposed to shatter into tiny bits when impacted by a head, say, in an accident? So a single swing of a biker helmet should presumably have achieved the same thing, but didn't in this case.
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Banned
Mar 2, 2011
5476 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
CalvinM wrote: Not only was the driver side window smashed, and the subsequent dragging and beating the driver, the passenger side where the wife was sitting was also smashed. This happened at the same time another maniac was going crazy at the driver's side.

Look at the completely damaged car and bystanders helping the guy out while the gang leaves.

If it were me, I would definitely ram more of them down and make sure I have a functional dash cam.

[IMG]http://scallywagandvagabond.com/wp-cont ... 09/al6.jpg[/IMG]

TAKE NOTE of flat tire, that was what instigated the driver to start running after the first stop. And of course the mob giving you threatening looks. I guess that's why he couldn't stay on the highway and was just staying on the left lane. Can't drive with just rims.

[IMG]http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/20 ... sert-2.jpg[/IMG]
These thugs are even worse than I thought. I never even knew that they bashed in the passengers window. They are pure thugs. This guy should have reversed his LR into and ran over all of them.

These guys are cowards, they have to attack him in large group and are scared to go 1vs1.

I have had to deal with bikers before but never anything like this.

These punks ever try that on me and I would have reversed all the way through them and then lets see how tough they are. Nobody assaults me like this and no one touches me.
Agafaba: "Hitman doesnt troll, he just has very strong opinions about controversial topics"
stealth: "Classic Hitman response. ;) A God amongst trolls"
pablonutribar: "Hehehe - you are a god amongst trolls."
king_george: "Keep up the good fight you awesome freeedom fighter you"
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1241 upvotes
Tornado F2 wrote: The wife doesn't look overly concerned, considering. In fact she may even be smiling and talking to the biker with the webcam. She's even opened the back door. Has the press coverage been missing something?
No, you're just making ridiculous assumptions based on a still photo.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2007
3260 posts
4520 upvotes
Toronto
I know one thing for sure. Next time I'll see one or few of these clowns on the road, doing wheelies, speeding or whatever, I'm calling 911. Enough of this BS already.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Tornado F2 wrote: The wife doesn't look overly concerned, considering. In fact she may even be smiling and talking to the biker with the webcam. She's even opened the back door. Has the press coverage been missing something?
LOL what??? :confused: She's probably crying (which can certainly look like laughing at times, especially in a still image), screaming/pleading for them to stop. I highly doubt she was "smiling and talking", more like hysterical. Not to mention that back door is open too with one of the thugs right outside the door, and remember who is inside the car in the back.
Banned
Mar 2, 2011
5476 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: LOL what??? :confused: She's probably crying (which can certainly look like laughing at times, especially in a still image), screaming/pleading for them to stop. I highly doubt she was "smiling and talking", more like hysterical. Not to mention that back door is open too with one of the thugs right outside the door, and remember who is inside the car in the back.
This. The photo is still and there is no way she is smiling.
Agafaba: "Hitman doesnt troll, he just has very strong opinions about controversial topics"
stealth: "Classic Hitman response. ;) A God amongst trolls"
pablonutribar: "Hehehe - you are a god amongst trolls."
king_george: "Keep up the good fight you awesome freeedom fighter you"
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
ES_Revenge wrote: LOL what??? :confused: She's probably crying (which can certainly look like laughing at times, especially in a still image), screaming/pleading for them to stop. I highly doubt she was "smiling and talking", more like hysterical. Not to mention that back door is open too with one of the thugs right outside the door, and remember who is inside the car in the back.
I wasn't saying she was, just how that photo looks. The question remains though, why open the doors, including the one giving access to the child, when the bikers are still around? It's only common sense to keep all doors locked at all times when driving, especially when under attack by a gang.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Ojam wrote: No, you're just making ridiculous assumptions based on a still photo.
Go back to Off Topic so I don't need to see your name again.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1241 upvotes
Tornado F2 wrote: I wasn't saying she was, just how that photo looks. The question remains though, why open the doors, including the one giving access to the child, when the bikers are still around? It's only common sense to keep all doors locked at all times when driving, especially when under attack by a gang.
:facepalm:

Tornado F2 wrote: Go back to Off Topic so I don't need to see your name again.
Looks like we have an internet tough guy here.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2007
3260 posts
4520 upvotes
Toronto
Saibot wrote: wtf is that
Exactly. Cops responded pretty quickly on this one. I wonder what happened to the evidence :)
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Speaking of Off Topic, that's exactly where this thread should be located.

Why has no mod moved it yet?
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Ojam wrote: Looks like we have an internet tough guy here.
I definitely see trolls here.

That's why I was reminded of that cesspool Off Topic where you lot usually lurk.

Mods need to move this thread. I'm done here. Off Topic is a waste of time and so is this.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1241 upvotes
Tornado F2 wrote: I definitely see trolls here.

That's why I was reminded of that cesspool Off Topic where you lot usually lurk.

Mods need to move this thread. I'm done here. Off Topic is a waste of time and so is this.
I'm sure you'll be missed.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.