Automotive

Mob of bikers surround SUV and get run over in NYC (Video)

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2015 7:25 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 8, 2007
3264 posts
372 upvotes
Ontario
This made me watch a lot of YouTube clips of motorcycle rage. I'm blown away by how many bikers ride up and try to escalate the situation. Just get the license plate and call the cops. If a car tried to ram me off the road or clipped me and sped off, the last thing I would do is chase after them screaming obscenities and threats. I mean seriously, what good can come of that? There are rules and laws for a reason, to protect drivers.

And if I had a helmet cam it would be even more of a reason to not escalate the situation. There's one video of a guy riding with his friend, when a car comes out from behind and stops in front of them. Guy gets out telling him "better check yo'self!" and punches his helmet. The biker just sits there and does nothing, same with his friend. It's all caught on video. This is how you're supposed to react, not ride up beside him and kick his mirror off!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 7, 2007
17583 posts
1625 upvotes
Poormond Hill
The suv driver should have side swiped them.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2008
1605 posts
279 upvotes
Aurora
chickenbones wrote:
Oct 1st, 2013 11:40 am
Do cyclists quit because they are embarrassed of what other bikers do? I ride and work in a pretty conservative place. I make sure people know I ride safe, and I'm not one of those squids that have no respect for others. There are tons of other mature riders, most of them are on BMWs though. Older folks who have been riding for decades.
I rode for decades - daily commute starting from highschool. Only sportbikes, always full gear. Most of my best friends are avid riders, but lately (last decade) whenever I'd meet a non-rider and they found out I rode, almost always the conversation would go something like this:"Oh you ride a motorcycle? I'm sure you're a safe rider, but why are there so many idiot riders out there who just want to kill themselves?". I used to defend riders, but I would slowly realize that the public perception is pretty accurate. It didn't help that my commute would be through Woodbridge - the birthplace of the worst riders anywhere. I once got pulled over while sitting at a red light when a bike pulled up to me and wheelied at the green. Cop pulled us both over. While stopped at the side of the road cars were giving me the finger and laughing. The cop did let me off, but that wasn't one of my most enjoyable rides to work. It lost it's appeal. Maybe when I retire I'll get a Harley and a black jacket so no one will mess with me. Need about 200 more lbs though LOL
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 9, 2003
22815 posts
912 upvotes
Markham, ON
should have drove to the nearest police station...family must have went thru hell

scums of society
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
1430 posts
114 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
WHO wrote:
Sep 30th, 2013 5:33 pm
Why didn't he put in reverse and go carmageddon on them?
The riders were looking to intimidate and itching for a fight. If it wasn't the guy in the land rover, it would've been someone else.

If it were me, my fight reflexes would definitely have kicked-in. I don't carry a gun, but I know how enough about car control to have gone on the offensive. Those riders are lucky they weren't killed.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 18, 2004
2769 posts
52 upvotes
Yea I feel you. This is why I enjoy riding in the fall. It's too cold for the squids. Like I said they are all taking the bus now. Unfortunately people will judge based on stereotypes, that's just human nature. Sport bikes are not really that popular now anyway. People are into adventure bikes now. You will never be mistaken for a hooligan if you ride an adventure bike with a hi-vis green jacket haha. Cops will leave you alone too.
Gweedz wrote:
Oct 1st, 2013 12:33 pm
I rode for decades - daily commute starting from highschool. Only sportbikes, always full gear. Most of my best friends are avid riders, but lately (last decade) whenever I'd meet a non-rider and they found out I rode, almost always the conversation would go something like this:"Oh you ride a motorcycle? I'm sure you're a safe rider, but why are there so many idiot riders out there who just want to kill themselves?". I used to defend riders, but I would slowly realize that the public perception is pretty accurate. It didn't help that my commute would be through Woodbridge - the birthplace of the worst riders anywhere. I once got pulled over while sitting at a red light when a bike pulled up to me and wheelied at the green. Cop pulled us both over. While stopped at the side of the road cars were giving me the finger and laughing. The cop did let me off, but that wasn't one of my most enjoyable rides to work. It lost it's appeal. Maybe when I retire I'll get a Harley and a black jacket so no one will mess with me. Need about 200 more lbs though LOL
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2008
1605 posts
279 upvotes
Aurora
chickenbones wrote:
Oct 1st, 2013 1:00 pm
Yea I feel you. This is why I enjoy riding in the fall. It's too cold for the squids. Like I said they are all taking the bus now. Unfortunately people will judge based on stereotypes, that's just human nature. Sport bikes are not really that popular now anyway. People are into adventure bikes now. You will never be mistaken for a hooligan if you ride an adventure bike with a hi-vis green jacket haha. Cops will leave you alone too.
If supermotards were popular in my day, I would have had one for sure. Surprisingly I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. Only a little bit of withdrawal the first warm spring day, but nothing a track day or two can't fix :)
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 6, 2010
6452 posts
1052 upvotes
Toronto
chickenbones wrote:
Oct 1st, 2013 1:00 pm
Yea I feel you. This is why I enjoy riding in the fall. It's too cold for the squids. Like I said they are all taking the bus now. Unfortunately people will judge based on stereotypes, that's just human nature. Sport bikes are not really that popular now anyway. People are into adventure bikes now. You will never be mistaken for a hooligan if you ride an adventure bike with a hi-vis green jacket haha. Cops will leave you alone too.
I disagree. I've seem many idiots on BMW GS'/Vstroms' in my days. In fact, I can firmly say that these cluts lane split and weave traffic worse on city streets. The fact these bikes are easier to maneauver and nimble unlike SS makes them a bigger part of the issue. If it isn't a cruiser, you're guilty by association.
Gweedz wrote:
Oct 1st, 2013 1:10 pm
If supermotards were popular in my day, I would have had one for sure. Surprisingly I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. Only a little bit of withdrawal the first warm spring day, but nothing a track day or two can't fix :)
Love SM. Get yourself a wr(x)250 or drz :)
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 19, 2004
6987 posts
157 upvotes
New Westminster
Wow, I was expecting Harley Davidson for some reason.

Honestly, I would probably run over a few in order to escape.
I will try to stay clear in the first place and not get boxed in. Maybe even pull over to let them pass.
insert witty comment
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 18, 2004
2769 posts
52 upvotes
What I mean is you can do the same idiot moves but no one will mistake you for a gang member in your green hi-vis jacket.
koffey wrote:
Oct 1st, 2013 1:25 pm
I disagree. I've seem many idiots on BMW GS'/Vstroms' in my days. In fact, I can firmly say that these cluts lane split and weave traffic worse on city streets. The fact these bikes are easier to maneauver and nimble unlike SS makes them a bigger part of the issue. If it isn't a cruiser, you're guilty by association.



Love SM. Get yourself a wr(x)250 or drz :)
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 6, 2010
6452 posts
1052 upvotes
Toronto
chickenbones wrote:
Oct 1st, 2013 1:33 pm
What I mean is you can do the same idiot moves but no one will mistake you for a gang member in your green hi-vis jacket.
Fair enough. I mean, I can get one, but it probably won't help me on the SS :(
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 18, 2004
2769 posts
52 upvotes
Put a top mount luggage on the bike, they will treat you like a scooter and try to run you over.
koffey wrote:
Oct 1st, 2013 1:36 pm
Fair enough. I mean, I can get one, but it probably won't help me on the SS :(
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 9, 2006
9143 posts
609 upvotes
chickenbones wrote:
Oct 1st, 2013 11:33 am
What do you ride? Maybe we can ride together sometimes. I ride a VFR800. My riding buddies have quit / too cold (naked bike) / moved on to Cruisers.
Triumph Street Triple R... naked bike. Technically, a street bike, but it's nearly identical to the super sport Daytona. But the older I get, the more attractive sport touring bikes look.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 9, 2007
1536 posts
18 upvotes
Should not have left highway, called cops and said that bunch of bikers are threatening him and his family with weapons. I wonder how police would have responded to this.
Banned
User avatar
Mar 2, 2011
5476 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
These guys are nothing but thugs. The driver made a big mistake going into the streets where he got caught in traffic and even then he should have just reversed instead of staying there.

No way I would have let those punks do that to me and beat me up like that.
Agafaba: "Hitman doesnt troll, he just has very strong opinions about controversial topics"
stealth: "Classic Hitman response. ;) A God amongst trolls"
pablonutribar: "Hehehe - you are a god amongst trolls."
king_george: "Keep up the good fight you awesome freeedom fighter you"
× < >

Top