Automotive

Mob of bikers surround SUV and get run over in NYC (Video)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2015 7:25 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
20356 posts
1721 upvotes
Gweedz wrote:
Oct 1st, 2013 12:33 pm
I once got pulled over while sitting at a red light when a bike pulled up to me and wheelied at the green. Cop pulled us both over. While stopped at the side of the road cars were giving me the finger and laughing. The cop did let me off, but that wasn't one of my most enjoyable rides to work.
What happened to the other guy? And why'd he pull you over too? So if there's two Civics at a light and one burns out when it turns green, would a cop pull over both Civics simply because they're the same car? lol.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
20356 posts
1721 upvotes
koleso wrote:
Oct 1st, 2013 2:28 pm
Should not have left highway, called cops and said that bunch of bikers are threatening him and his family with weapons. I wonder how police would have responded to this.
The dumb thing is the article posted in the OP says police had been "monitoring" the ride...oh really? Monitoring them so closely that not only did most of them not even have licence plates, this egregious act happened as well? :rolleyes:

Guy should have hit up his GPS for the closest police station and drove straight there, I mean unless that's where he was trying to get to.
Banned
Mar 2, 2011
5476 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
koleso wrote:
Oct 1st, 2013 2:28 pm
Should not have left highway, called cops and said that bunch of bikers are threatening him and his family with weapons. I wonder how police would have responded to this.
This. On the highway he was safe and could drive around but going to the streets he made himself an easy target.

There were about three bikers driven over by the SUV and one of them is still in the hospital and doctors say he might be paralyzed. I sympathize with the mother but what these bikers did was incredibly dangerous. Even if the SUV driver was in the wrong you dont surround him like that since you have no idea what he will do.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/cop ... -1.1472419
Agafaba: "Hitman doesnt troll, he just has very strong opinions about controversial topics"
stealth: "Classic Hitman response. ;) A God amongst trolls"
pablonutribar: "Hehehe - you are a god amongst trolls."
king_george: "Keep up the good fight you awesome freeedom fighter you"
May 25, 2005
485 posts
26 upvotes
They slit his tires when they first boxed him in. He wasn't going to be able to drive for very long on the highway like that.
Banned
Mar 2, 2011
5476 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
Azer wrote:
Oct 1st, 2013 3:09 pm
They slit his tires when they first boxed him in. He wasn't going to be able to drive for very long on the highway like that.
I think he would still be better off on the highway rather than the streets with all the traffic since at least on the highway he could have driven away or run them over. Police said he wont face any charges for running them over since it was self defense.
Agafaba: "Hitman doesnt troll, he just has very strong opinions about controversial topics"
Banned
Mar 2, 2011
5476 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
koffey wrote:
Oct 1st, 2013 3:25 pm
Great read. Watched the video a few good times. The RR driver had plenty of ops to brake check the bikes chasing him or basically run them down by slamming into them. It seems pretty obviously he wasn't the aggressor.
That and he even stopped and pulled over when the first guy brake checked him. He wanted to exchange insurance but everyone started attacking his car and then he ran them over.

These guys are thugs, I dare them to try something like that on me.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3264 posts
372 upvotes
Ontario
The mother of that ***** biker who got ran over needs a reality check. This is all the suv drivers fault? Has she watched the footage? That a$$ hat got exactly what he deserved.

I hope he never gets to use a bike again.

If somebody threatened my daughter like that I would literally kill. Consequences would be an afterthought.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2010
6482 posts
1064 upvotes
Toronto
Slawek wrote:
Oct 1st, 2013 3:36 pm
The mother of that ***** biker who got ran over needs a reality check. This is all the suv drivers fault? Has she watched the footage? That a$$ hat got exactly what he deserved
Perhaps, but every mother has a right to defend their child, regardless if we see her as a whacko. She is oblivious to the actions and lifestyle of her thugling.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
20356 posts
1721 upvotes
Slawek wrote:
The mother of that ***** biker who got ran over needs a reality check. This is all the suv drivers fault? Has she watched the footage? That a$$ hat got exactly what he deserved.
Agreed. Her son is a criminal scumbag riding in a bike gang to do crazy and illegal stuff with no regard or respect for the law or the safety of others. She asks where's the justice for her son? Um well that pretty much is justice for him. Being paralyzed for life (if he actually even is, sounds like it's being embellished) is what he gets for doing stuff like that. If anything they should put him behind bars when he gets out of hospital too.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1929 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto

"He's trying to hang on for dear life," his mother, Yolando Santiago, told the Daily News from her Lawrence, Mass., home on Tuesday. "They're making the riders out to be bad people. They're not. If the driver of the Range Rover would have stopped, none of this would have happened."
I empathize with the mother and wouldn't say that her son deserved it either. The guy that got run over could've just been someone in the wrong place at the wrong time, and had no intentions or causing any harm. Though, it does piss me off that the mother is laying full blame on the driver of the Range Rover and thinking the riders had no part in what happened.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2011
1154 posts
103 upvotes
Kitchener
All these comments like "if I had a gun "or "I would mow them all over" is the same attitude some of the bikers had . If you think this way you are no better than the worst of them .
A couple lessons to be learned here . First learn how to drive . Not looking before changing lanes , brake checking ,cutting off others Bikes or cars might get you in conflict with the wrong person. In this case it was a large group of motorcyclists . Could have been anyone . Was it worth the harm to the RR driver and his family or any of the bikers ?
No one won here .
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
11643 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
Slawek wrote:

I hope he never gets to use a bike again.

If somebody threatened my daughter like that I would literally kill. Consequences would be an afterthought.
obviously she would side with her son, not like she gonna tell the news he is a ***** head.

also the guy that got ran over, is it the person break checking or?
[QUOTE]One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
[/QUOTE]

PSN: Aznkid2000
3000th post Dec 28 07 9:58pm
10,000 post Jan 17 2011 9:45pm
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1929 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto
Aznkid2000 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2013 3:43 pm
obviously she would side with her son, not like she gonna tell the news he is a ***** head.

also the guy that got ran over, is it the person break checking or?
I think the guy that did the brake checking was at the side of the car trying to pull the door open right before the car took off.
× < >