• Feb 10th, 2016 5:05 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
3633 posts
444 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
thelefteyeguy wrote: not many late 30 to 50 year old games can sit in front of console and play video games with children running around the house...playing on public transit or on the can is the only time for some.
I doubt kids would be running around the house when they could be gaming.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2301 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto
Lately I'm playing more "on-the-go" with my iPhone then with my 3DS or PSV unfortunately.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1981 posts
603 upvotes
toronto
Cellphone games are just more convenient and you looks like less of a pleb gaming on them in public transit.
Jan 29, 2013
746 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
msz87 wrote: Cellphone games are just more convenient and you looks like less of a pleb gaming on them in public transit.
Sure, but then you look like a filthy casual ;)
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15213 posts
1671 upvotes
Markham
I'll stick with PC gaming... Nothing will touch the graphics quality of a PC
ShadowVlican
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
Mobile gaming is definitely taking over.

I know that I personally go home, boot up my cell phone and play Fallout 4 every single night.

After that session, I move on to Witcher 3 - no hiccups at all, my 2GB RAM phone handles everything I throw at it.

Every single night.

No, but really, I can't speak for console gaming, but PC gaming has grown exponentially since the IAP/mobile game craze. No decline. So I'm not sure where mobile gaming is taking over? Maybe it's a gateway drug, or a compliment, but it's not going to be taking over anything.
Jan 29, 2013
746 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
squadz wrote: Mobile gaming is definitely taking over.

I know that I personally go home, boot up my cell phone and play Fallout 4 every single night.

After that session, I move on to Witcher 3 - no hiccups at all, my 2GB RAM phone handles everything I throw at it.

Every single night.

No, but really, I can't speak for console gaming, but PC gaming has grown exponentially since the IAP/mobile game craze. No decline. So I'm not sure where mobile gaming is taking over? Maybe it's a gateway drug, or a compliment, but it's not going to be taking over anything.
No, definitely not. I think it's likely making a dent in casual gaming, but not dedicated. Maybe there's an impact on handhelds, at most?
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1689 posts
399 upvotes
Mobile games have a different niche, I certainly enjoy some of them, but most of the games that people lose their ***** over are not that great of games. Cute graphics but poor design and always, always in your face about spending $5-10 dollars for gems. I know DLC and extra content has to be bought on PC and console too, but the way mobile games do it is just plain annoying. I have a friend who works for a mobile gaming company, and his entire job is involved in maximizing gem sales based on figuring out the logistics - ie. how long into a game do you start with the popups? etc.