Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Mobile Shop : $0 Fido Motorola RAZR HD LTE (XT925) - Req: 2yr Smart (ie: 57/mo-1gb)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2013 8:41 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 21, 2011
292 posts
25 upvotes
I decided to take the $40 plan,

40*23month+tax-200 GC- 400(sell the RAZR HD)= 16+tax per month= 200 daytime+ sms + 100MB

superior than most retention plan, sweet!
:D :D :D :D :razz: :razz: :razz:
Jun 21, 2011
292 posts
25 upvotes
on Fido's website, no mention of caller id, does $56 or $40 include cid?
:D :D :D :D :razz: :razz: :razz:
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2009
1160 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wowwah wrote: on Fido's website, no mention of caller id, does $56 or $40 include cid?
$56 does for sure 100%
$40 should.
Apr 2, 2009
920 posts
203 upvotes
Markham
I'm contemplating between Virgin/Koodo and Fido for my wife ($56 plan).
I have both Fido and Telus. Fido's coverage is terrible compared to Telus/Koodo in the GTA. Obviously it's much better than Wind/Mobilicity.
Aug 4, 2010
363 posts
235 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Is this available in Montreal? can someone confirm please?
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
techfox wrote: I'm contemplating between Virgin/Koodo and Fido for my wife ($56 plan).
I have both Fido and Telus. Fido's coverage is terrible compared to Telus/Koodo in the GTA. Obviously it's much better than Wind/Mobilicity.
Fido which is Rogers is better if you compare it to Bell/Telus in GTA. Not sure what you are talking about.
Apr 2, 2009
920 posts
203 upvotes
Markham
andriykoua wrote: Fido which is Rogers is better if you compare it to Bell/Telus in GTA. Not sure what you are talking about.
I talk from experience. Rogers is inferior compared to Telus in terms of coverage among the areas I and many others that I know and work with frequent in the GTA.

Scarborough (Warden & Eglinton, STC area, McCowan/Finch, Markham/Steeles, Rouge River Area), Markham (Markham/14), Richmond Hill (Yonge & 7th, Bayview / Elgin Mills) Newmarket (Newmarket Court), Oshawa (Oshawa Court), East Gwillimbury (Davis & Hwy 48)

Downtown Toronto it's a wash though speeds are faster (on HSPA) with Telus than Fido/Rogers. I can't speak about LTE as the devices used have been HSPA.

I have no personal vendetta / gripe against Rogers. I want to pay the least amount for my services, but my wife relies on her cellphone and she would kill me if I switched her business line to Fido as the network is simply unlreliable compared to Kooodo. (I personally own a Telus device for work and a Fido phone for personal use. It's not a device issue as both devices are Blackberrys).

You may have tried Bell / Telus CDMA in the past and compared it with Rogers GSM and the coverge would have been superior with Rogers.
Things have drastically changed since Telus went HSPA. Telus coverage in the GTA is superior to Rogers.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2006
4749 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
StormBringer44 wrote: Is this available in Montreal? can someone confirm please?
tried to find a store in mtl, no luck, none in laval, pointe claire either, the site store locator seems to be down for mobileshop searches... :(
Looking for Amazon.COM GC's, any value, please message /email me. Thank You!
Steve Jobs in Making Pad, A Breaking Bad Parody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... eVHuz1rq6k
Feb 22, 2012
41 posts
21 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
I couldn't get this one, currently with Fido and my contract ends next April ... cancellation fee is $100 :(
The CSR told me they can't port numbers between Fido accounts ...
Oct 21, 2009
918 posts
833 upvotes
silverjade24 wrote: The CSR told me they can't port numbers between Fido accounts ...
I just spoke with a CSR who said that they could port numbers between 2 separate accounts, but they "would not recommend it".
They just can't switch numbers between 2 lines on the same account (which would be great to retain the Fido $). :(

In other words, there is no way to keep your Fido $ while also taking advantage of this offer.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1120 posts
17 upvotes
which carrier is eligible for porting over?

the agent at mobile shop told me its only chatr... I have mobilicity... if i port it over, will i get the 50% for 6 months?
Aug 7, 2010
689 posts
147 upvotes
xGambitx wrote: which carrier is eligible for porting over?

the agent at mobile shop told me its only chatr... I have mobilicity... if i port it over, will i get the 50% for 6 months?

If you want 50% for 6 months it has to be chatr or from a prepaid fido #
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22509 posts
8925 upvotes
Toronto
For those of you interested in the Galaxy S III, that's now an option on this $56 plan too, although I don't know what The Mobile Shop is offering in terms of gift cards for it. The phone is $250 with a 2-year contract. I prefer the RAZR HD though. Nicer phone, and cheaper price. Win, win. Main problem is low inventory.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1120 posts
17 upvotes
bargainshunter wrote: If you want 50% for 6 months it has to be chatr or from a prepaid fido #
@#$(, any way to sign up to pre-paid and switch over right away?
Dec 13, 2008
83 posts
4 upvotes
Thanks op. I think this deal is awesome!

Just got back from the Mobile shop at RCSS; picked up the deal with the $56 dollar plan and $200 in gift cards. They didn't have the RAZR HD LTE in stock but she called around sourced one from another store. Paper works all done just need to pick the phone up when it arrives
Aug 7, 2010
689 posts
147 upvotes
crackrabbit wrote: Would you be able to combine the 50% off discount for 6 months also? My mom has been on fido prepaid for over 2 years and they sent a letter out for that discount. So she gets this plan from PC $200 gift card, the Razr and 50% off for the first 6 months of the plan.

Possible?
kyli wrote: Yes! And first month free.
1) How do find out if the promo will be applied even as the CSR can say it will be applied ?

2) i been told all the promo will be applied on the 2nd month bill not on the frirst bill as it will not be until feb 20/13 you will see this credit by that time it will be 3 months into it as all these promo stated to occur if those promo plan was not applied what do you do next ?

3) you can call csr but they can deny promotion as you can see from the chatr promotions it says

1. 50% off for 6 months offer ends Dec 31, 2012, and is subject to change without notice. Non-transferable offer, applies only to named recipient. 50% off applies to the monthly plan service fee (excluding add-ons and other fees) for 6 consecutive months (account must remain active). Offer available only to existing prepaid customers who were active as of Nov 14th, 2012.

4) if they give first month free would that be like pilling a promo on top of the promo as you already getting 50% from chatr ?
Aug 7, 2010
689 posts
147 upvotes
xGambitx wrote: @#$(, any way to sign up to pre-paid and switch over right away?
Port your # to fido prepaid then switch to fido post paid but do it all by DEC 31/12 before all promotions runs out
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16640 posts
7971 upvotes
bargainshunter wrote: Port your # to fido prepaid then switch to fido post paid but do it all by DEC 31/12 before all promotions runs out
No you had to be a prepaid customer prior to November 14th.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
2243 posts
668 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Going to RCSS to pickup my phone at lunch. Pretty excited!
Aug 7, 2010
689 posts
147 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: No you had to be a prepaid customer prior to November 14th.
Not for fido prepaid i could be wrong but on the other forum people have succesfully ported over but it's a big YMMV

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)