Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Mobile Shop : $0 Fido Motorola RAZR HD LTE (XT925) - Req: 2yr Smart (ie: 57/mo-1gb)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2013 8:41 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 22, 2011
457 posts
58 upvotes
BRAMPTON
Well i called maybe 1 hour ago and they said "no stock" im tempted to go in myself and see if they have it. We've been "waiting" for our shipment for almost 2 weeks with the excuse of the holiday (its been 9 days since Jan 1...) and I believe we also signed up on Dec 28 (maybe dec 29?)...
my wife's old phone is the BB 9530 (my old phone - unlocked) and its a POS. she constantly complains about it, and cant even use her "new" data plan with it. im tired of her having to wait for it, and im tired of hearing it. LOL.

I may get my wife to call to speak with the manager (if he's in)
Oct 21, 2009
540 posts
403 upvotes
jkoiou wrote:
Jan 10th, 2013 2:04 pm
Well i called maybe 1 hour ago and they said "no stock" im tempted to go in myself and see if they have it. We've been "waiting" for our shipment for almost 2 weeks with the excuse of the holiday (its been 9 days since Jan 1...) and I believe we also signed up on Dec 28 (maybe dec 29?)...
my wife's old phone is the BB 9530 (my old phone - unlocked) and its a POS. she constantly complains about it, and cant even use her "new" data plan with it. im tired of her having to wait for it, and im tired of hearing it. LOL.

I may get my wife to call to speak with the manager (if he's in)
Yes, keep asking. At first it seemed this location seemed good, but now it seems they don't really know what they are doing.

Yesterday when I went to get my phone Iwas very clear when I said that I wanted to port the number and Fido $ over too (just like the Fido rep said it could be done). She then did stuff on the computer and said she did the number only, and wasn't aware about how the Fido $ could be done. She said if Fido told me it could be done, speak to Fido. I was suspicious, but since I had no option what to do there, I went away. When I came home and logged in online I saw my account had the new plan, phone, and fido $, so I thought everything was ok. I then checked later that night where I noticed the Fido $ went *poof*.

I spoke to another Fido rep now about this and they said there seemed to be some confusion. The rep at the mobile shop probably just did a port of a number where the number only was taken, not $. They filed a detailed report and will get to be in 96hrs. I have a feeling this isn't gonna come back. They are owned by robbers after all. :(
Aug 7, 2010
688 posts
144 upvotes
jimmyche wrote:
Jan 10th, 2013 11:55 am
For those looking to get the phone, gift card and then break the contract,
I can save you the trouble.
I have a Fido Razr HD, two days old avaialble in the vancouver Area.
Phone is also sim unlocked so can be used with other carriers
Asking $325, pm for detail.
What carrier sim card did you use it unlock ? i tried bell and chatr simcard the screen doesn't ask for unlock code ?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2008
2069 posts
115 upvotes
North York
whitefinger wrote:
Jan 7th, 2013 5:54 pm
Got this deal today, but only $75 gift card. The guy assured me that they never had the $200 or $250 deal at their location. Still a good deal, IMO. Haven't tried the phone yet, but it looks pretty sleek.
What location did you go to?

My uncle went to the Dufferin and Steeles location on boxing day and the sales guy also said the deal didn't exist. My uncle called me and I told him that it is all BS and told him to look for a manager or someone else. He eventually talked to another sales guy and the other guy who said the deal didn't exist was like "I am sorry I didn't know about the deal" to my uncle. How can you not know about the company's current promotions as a sales representative? My uncle got his $225 PC GC in the end. But in your case, it could be a location thing.
May 9, 2012
720 posts
81 upvotes
jacobe wrote:
Jan 10th, 2013 5:19 pm
What location did you go to?

My uncle went to the Dufferin and Steeles location on boxing day and the sales guy also said the deal didn't exist. My uncle called me and I told him that it is all BS and told him to look for a manager or someone else. He eventually talked to another sales guy and the other guy who said the deal didn't exist was like "I am sorry I didn't know about the deal" to my uncle. How can you not know about the company's current promotions as a sales representative? My uncle got his $225 PC GC in the end. But in your case, it could be a location thing.
For my HTC one s deal he was legitimately shocked when I told him to enter it in his comp this way and it discounted it so heavily. He had no idea, so don't be surprised they don't know ... This is redflags, we gets deals the regular public, and even some employees , have no idea about
Banned
Jul 16, 2003
10398 posts
1464 upvotes
Toronto
Finally got my Razr today (Best Buy Leaside). As an existing client, I could not get the gift cards from any dealer (not a new activation - just hardware upgrade), so I called Fido to to see how to get rid of my existing contract to start a new one, and to my surprise the cost was only 80 dollars. I asked the lady and she gave me an additional 25.00 credit too, so I just walked to the Bestbuy store and got a Razr. Leaside location still had 1 in stock when I left (1 hour ago).
Andre Oliveira - Mortgage Agent
Mortgage Intelligence - FSCO# 10428
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1843 posts
896 upvotes
Montreal
Has anyone in Quebec figured out how to take advantage of this promo??

I am already on the $56 plan with credits, but would sign a contract if I got a phone and a $200 gift card!
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
May 17, 2012
100 posts
27 upvotes
Calgary
Has anyone been able to unlock this phone without paying for an unlock code?
Dec 4, 2006
39 posts
12 upvotes
Montreal
deal_king wrote:
Jan 10th, 2013 10:16 pm
Has anyone in Quebec figured out how to take advantage of this promo??

I am already on the $56 plan with credits, but would sign a contract if I got a phone and a $200 gift card!
There is no Mobile Shop in Quebec :(
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
1537 posts
97 upvotes
smango wrote:
Jan 11th, 2013 4:56 pm
Has anyone been able to unlock this phone without paying for an unlock code?
It is free from Motorola, but you give up your warranty
Jun 1, 2011
480 posts
78 upvotes
Ajax
etherboy wrote:
Jan 12th, 2013 11:29 am
It is free from Motorola, but you give up your warranty
Thanks for this. I had no clue that you could do this.
Do you have a link where I can find the unlocking info.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1142 posts
219 upvotes
Edmonton
Speckletrout wrote:
Jan 12th, 2013 11:11 am
Anyone know where to get the Motorola car dock for this phone? I tried Motorola and Amazon but they won't ship to Canada. Asking at the Rogers store is like trying to get an answer from a dead fish.

http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers/Ve ... sories#tab
I use this one. Works great.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003ELO ... 02_s00_i00

It comes with a sticky so you can mount it on your dash as well. That's how I have it mounted.