Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [The Mobile Shop] [Koodo] [Lava hot] Huawei Mate 20 Pro Medium tab $350 upfront +$35 activation - $250 GC - $50 Trade In - 120 credit

[OP]
Member
Jan 22, 2015
317 posts
220 upvotes
York, ON

[Koodo] [Lava hot] Huawei Mate 20 Pro Medium tab $350 upfront +$35 activation - $250 GC - $50 Trade In - 120 credit

Deal Link:
Savings:
75%
Retailer:
The Mobile Shop
This is lava hot I believe, I just went to TMS at the East Mall Etobicoke this evening, the rep offered me Mate 20 pro medium tab with $350 upfront and $250 pco points, I insisted on using the points to pay the upfront then he agreed, I also brought in a old phone for $50, so I ended up paying only $50+tax on $350 since points don't cover the taxes = $94, he went extra mile to give me a $10 credit for 12 months, he could not waive the fee though

I hope you can find a rep that do that for you, for me paying $94 upfront and $70 a month for Mate 20 Pro is a steal, thought?
Share:
108 replies
Member
Jul 5, 2018
284 posts
1023 upvotes
Michaelle wrote: This is lava hot I believe, I just went to TMS at the East Mall Etobicoke this evening, the rep offered me Mate 20 pro medium tab with $350 upfront and $250 pco points, I insisted on using the points to pay the upfront then he agreed, I also brought in a old phone for $50, so I ended up paying only $50+tax on $350 since points don't cover the taxes = $94, he went extra mile to give me a $10 credit for 12 months, he could not waive the fee though

I hope you can find a rep that do that for you, for me paying $94 upfront and $70 a month for Mate 20 Pro is a steal, thought?
What happens if Trump actually decided to ban Huawei and you can't get anymore google updates?
Did you factor that into the price? There are many people who have tried to offload Huawei products because of that.
Also there are some ongoing ethical issues that will play into this as well for some people.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1032 posts
877 upvotes
Surrey
No early cancellation = no deal
[OP]
Member
Jan 22, 2015
317 posts
220 upvotes
York, ON
MyUsernameDoesntMatter wrote: What happens if Trump actually decided to ban Huawei and you can't get anymore google updates?
Did you factor that into the price? There are many people who have tried to offload Huawei products because of that.
Also there are some ongoing ethical issues that will play into this as well for some people.
I knew I was going to get these but here is my 2 cents

1st. Mate 20 Pro was released half a year before the ban, it's entitled to 3 years of updates
2nd. I don't care about those political shits
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13584 posts
3905 upvotes
London
MyUsernameDoesntMatter wrote: What happens if Trump actually decided to ban Huawei and you can't get anymore google updates?
Did you factor that into the price? There are many people who have tried to offload Huawei products because of that.
Also there are some ongoing ethical issues that will play into this as well for some people.

Those people are dumb as a bag of rocks
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1693 posts
1300 upvotes
Waterloo
I fail to see how this is a good deal.

$350+360+35+hst is $842. Take away $300 PC points and that's $542. You can get a pixel 3, s10, or iPhone XR which imo are all better phones for very similar prices. The xr from Walmart deal last weekend was $550 after Walmart gift cards. All 3 of those phones will have better resale value as well.
Member
Dec 23, 2006
224 posts
195 upvotes
Michaelle wrote: This is lava hot I believe, I just went to TMS at the East Mall Etobicoke this evening, the rep offered me Mate 20 pro medium tab with $350 upfront and $250 pco points, I insisted on using the points to pay the upfront then he agreed, I also brought in a old phone for $50, so I ended up paying only $50+tax on $350 since points don't cover the taxes = $94, he went extra mile to give me a $10 credit for 12 months, he could not waive the fee though

I hope you can find a rep that do that for you, for me paying $94 upfront and $70 a month for Mate 20 Pro is a steal, thought?
Hey OP could you please post the breakdown of the price as shown on the contract pls. Just trying to figure out the activation credit portion.

Thanks
Member
Jul 5, 2018
284 posts
1023 upvotes
Michaelle wrote: I knew I was going to get these but here is my 2 cents

1st. Mate 20 Pro was released half a year before the ban, it's entitled to 3 years of updates
2nd. I don't care about those political shits
1:
What happens if this isn't the case? In theory if Google isn't allowed to deal with Huawei will they actually be allowed to provide them newer OS's to use on current phones? There's no guarantees in this.
Maybe nothing happens and there's no issue. But I wouldnt take that risk.
2: You don't care about other Canadians whom have nothing to do with this getting dragged into this and their livelihoods hurt? Good to know you're only concerned about yourself.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada ... -1.5067307
https://globalnews.ca/news/5456992/chin ... pensation/
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2008
2740 posts
2282 upvotes
Oakville
Koodo phone deal ship sailed Aug 25 2019. RIP koodo
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13584 posts
3905 upvotes
London
Sicklyslick wrote: I fail to see how this is a good deal.

$350+360+35+hst is $842. Take away $300 PC points and that's $542. You can get a pixel 3, s10, or iPhone XR which imo are all better phones for very similar prices. The xr from Walmart deal last weekend was $550 after Walmart gift cards. All 3 of those phones will have better resale value as well.
I'd take the Mate 20 over any of those phones
Jr. Member
Nov 22, 2014
109 posts
58 upvotes
Unionville, ON
MyUsernameDoesntMatter wrote: 1:
What happens if this isn't the case? In theory if Google isn't allowed to deal with Huawei will they actually be allowed to provide them newer OS's to use on current phones? There's no guarantees in this.
Maybe nothing happens and there's no issue. But I wouldnt take that risk.
2: You don't care about other Canadians whom have nothing to do with this getting dragged into this and their livelihoods hurt? Good to know you're only concerned about yourself.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada ... -1.5067307
https://globalnews.ca/news/5456992/chin ... pensation/
twitter.jpg
Member
Jul 5, 2018
284 posts
1023 upvotes
freshcurl wrote: twitter.jpg
I don't have a Huawei device but I hope this is the case going forward on existing phones. I don't wish ill will on anyone. Esspecially those who just wanted their preferred phone. But I still wouldn't rely on this 100%. Things have been amping up over time and who knows if what applied in May will apply later.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13584 posts
3905 upvotes
London
MyUsernameDoesntMatter wrote: I don't have a Huawei device but I hope this is the case going forward on existing phones. I don't wish ill will on anyone. Esspecially those who just wanted their preferred phone. But I still wouldn't rely on this 100%. Things have been amping up over time and who knows if what applied in May will apply later.
Even if Google had to stop supporting Huawei, all that means it Huawei devices would have to wait a couple months for the updates to hit AOSP
Member
User avatar
Jun 26, 2019
265 posts
678 upvotes
How do I guarantee that the Chinese totalitarian government won't use their Huawei backdoors to spy on me?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 8, 2011
1018 posts
2850 upvotes
dealzhuntr wrote: How do I guarantee that the Chinese totalitarian government won't use their Huawei backdoors to spy on me?
Guarantee? The same guarantee the NSA won’t spy on you.

Top