[The Mobile Shop] KOODO LG G5 $120 Tab Small + $300 Gift YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2017 4:38 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 29, 2014
14 posts
Eagle Ridge, SK
I got one too in Saskatoon. It was an easy process. Rep put it on my existing account as a second line. So no credit check. I used my existing points to pay the upfront cost. But there wasnt any no tax day in Saskatoon. So I still pad $14 in taxes.
I've tried couple of times to put my previous LG G4 line on seasonal hold but I got turned down twice on the phone. Any luck recently. The guy said the system doesn't even give him the option. Any truth to that?
And I also didn't have that 90 day clause in my contract. I guess I can use that to try to out this on seasonal hold.
Mar 6, 2015
50 posts
115 upvotes
Fredericton, NB
I RFD wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 8:59 pm
You'll get more wool if you don't kill the sheep.
More wool pulled over my eyes maybe. And you should really kill a lame sheep.
Jul 30, 2016
97 posts
9 upvotes
Oh nooo. Rep said he will add 50k for trade in phone Monday.
Jul 30, 2016
97 posts
9 upvotes
Jul 30, 2016
97 posts
9 upvotes
Oct 19, 2007
895 posts
106 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
iamagtaguy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 9:22 pm
iamagtaguy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 9:23 pm
iamagtaguy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 9:23 pm
I take you must be remorseful, since you posted this thrice in a row...
Oct 19, 2007
895 posts
106 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
bunmin wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 9:07 pm
More wool pulled over my eyes maybe. And you should really kill a lame sheep.
Problem is you can't kill this sheep, but wool will cost you more now... Really up to you, but as you can see other RFDers agree it's best to keep this under the radar for the time being
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1348 posts
666 upvotes
You don't want to piss off Koodo. Just get the deal on their terms and it'll stay that way longer. Koodo is already tightening on things like referrals and according to their head office, they have plans to scrap the whole tab system and go with something similar to Fido and Virgin. They don't want to do that yet as it's their main differentiator but if they lose a lot of money they will make changes. They have changed the tab system before so they won't hesitate to do it again.
Current Fido/Koodo customer. Great to be a Fido and Koodo Customer.
Nov 5, 2009
83 posts
6 upvotes
I was able to get in on this. Upfront cost was $185 though, and my small tab balance $175. So I think the net is the same as $120 + $240 small tab or $0 + $360 tab medium, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I used my pre-existing PC pts for most of the phone/sim/tax, then just got 300k pts added back to my acct.

In my contract it only talks about paying off the tab for immediate cancellation, nothing about 90 days, nothing about claw back of activation bonus and/or gifts

At my TMS the 50k pts for old phone trade in only applies to Rogers, Fido, Telus, Virgin, and Bell, apparently
Sep 5, 2012
365 posts
84 upvotes
The abuse that Koodo is taking from early cancellation will probably kill this TAB system. If we all run a business allowing customers to purchase goods without making any profit we would go bankrupt. I'll upvote the deal but downvote early cancellation. Be ready to pay more for phones from Koodo in future folks.
Sep 26, 2012
81 posts
16 upvotes
North York
Koodo will probably be making changes in the near future as they have lost a lot of money on all these deals recently. I wouldn't be surprised if they change their entire tab system before the end of the year.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
2801 posts
1025 upvotes
Calgary
Is Koodo ever flexible on paying your tab before 90 days but keeping the account active?
I love my Koodo account.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1824 posts
520 upvotes
Toronto
bkushner wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:43 pm
Is Koodo ever flexible on paying your tab before 90 days but keeping the account active?
Yes, you can payoff your tab balance earlier, just after paying off your first bill.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless & Home phone, Fido Tablet Plan + Knowroaming sticker
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
Dec 21, 2009
10 posts
1 upvote
Picked up two today, and was able to use the PC points to cover the upfront costs. The rep was able to do it, so if some don't it's probably that they've been told not to, or don't want to do it for whatever reason.

Question: if the Koodo sim's haven't been plugged in yet, can I pop in a Fido sim and lock the phone to Fido? I understand it's easy and inexpensive to unlock these phones, but this would save a step.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

ronufoh