None
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2495 posts
459 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
bomber17 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:08 pm
You don't want to piss off Koodo. Just get the deal on their terms and it'll stay that way longer. Koodo is already tightening on things like referrals and according to their head office, they have plans to scrap the whole tab system and go with something similar to Fido and Virgin. They don't want to do that yet as it's their main differentiator but if they lose a lot of money they will make changes. They have changed the tab system before so they won't hesitate to do it again.
CheapBucket wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:28 pm
The abuse that Koodo is taking from early cancellation will probably kill this TAB system. If we all run a business allowing customers to purchase goods without making any profit we would go bankrupt. I'll upvote the deal but downvote early cancellation. Be ready to pay more for phones from Koodo in future folks.
monarchwest wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:35 pm
Koodo will probably be making changes in the near future as they have lost a lot of money on all these deals recently. I wouldn't be surprised if they change their entire tab system before the end of the year.
Its inevitable. Its human nature to take advantage. I expect koodo to change it too. The only problem i would have are the people bitching and complaining throwing a fuss afterwards. Some times i just dont get people. They would cause something to happen and then theyre so oblivious it.
Mar 5, 2006
547 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
9613019 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 11:00 pm
Yes, you can payoff your tab balance earlier, just after paying off your first bill.
I'm new on this Koodo procedure.
So I did the refer thing already, not sure if my thing will be ok doing it AFTER already activated my phone.
Now I'm looking to pay off my tab and I got this:
You have not been with Koodo for at least 3 months
You have not yet paid off your first bill
You are on the spending limit program
So after waiting out a month I can pay it off?
And I'm guessing I could call in now and try for the seasonal hold, maybe makeup some lame excuse.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2294 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
thecdnhammer wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 11:02 pm
Picked up two today, and was able to use the PC points to cover the upfront costs. The rep was able to do it, so if some don't it's probably that they've been told not to, or don't want to do it for whatever reason.

Question: if the Koodo sim's haven't been plugged in yet, can I pop in a Fido sim and lock the phone to Fido? I understand it's easy and inexpensive to unlock these phones, but this would save a step.
It will not lock to the first sim card inserted like Samsung.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan + Knowroaming sticker
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
Sep 26, 2012
104 posts
25 upvotes
North York
seeker123 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 12:12 am
How does the referral work n how to get it?
The steps for referral:

1. Get link from someone already on Koodo. Enter your name and e-mail address.

2. Go to TMS and open a new account. Make sure you use the same e-mail address that you used for the referral.

3. After activation open the e-mail that says "Activate now". Input your new Koodo number.

Done. Next step: try to get a seasonal hold YMMV.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
10519 posts
1969 upvotes
VANCOUVER
9613019 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 11:50 pm
It will not lock to the first sim card inserted like Samsung.
Really? That works with Samsung? I thought it was only iPhones.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2294 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
Rogido wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 12:27 am
Really? That works with Samsung? I thought it was only iPhones.
Yes, it works with Samsung.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan + Knowroaming sticker
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
Dec 26, 2010
802 posts
226 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
monarchwest wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:35 pm
Koodo will probably be making changes in the near future as they have lost a lot of money on all these deals recently. I wouldn't be surprised if they change their entire tab system before the end of the year.
I doubt it. People have been doing this since at lease the G3.
It took them less than a year to make changes to the saskatchewan loophole yet they havent done anything for people buying out tabs early.

Anyways. What case did everyone go with? ended ordering the obliq hybrid from amazon.
Sep 29, 2014
48 posts
21 upvotes
Eagle Ridge, SK
jasonchewy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 11:31 pm
I'm new on this Koodo procedure.
So I did the refer thing already, not sure if my thing will be ok doing it AFTER already activated my phone.
Now I'm looking to pay off my tab and I got this:
You have not been with Koodo for at least 3 months
You have not yet paid off your first bill
You are on the spending limit program
So after waiting out a month I can pay it off?
And I'm guessing I could call in now and try for the seasonal hold, maybe makeup some lame excuse.
Give it a try with the seasonal hold and let us know. I've got declined twice. I'll try again tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
1806 posts
489 upvotes
Ontario
ragsrags wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 1:47 am
Give it a try with the seasonal hold and let us know. I've got declined twice. I'll try again tomorrow.
Are your able to set up seasonal hold using the self serve online? Try to go change plan, I didn't do this but noticed it after I called in and got seasonal hold back in June for the g4 deal.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
1806 posts
489 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone know when the 300 pts promo ends?

And if it's 120 or 170 up front cost? I see different results. Looking for Ontario.
Nov 12, 2012
182 posts
177 upvotes
Mississauga
its 120 down 240 tab in Ontario. I signed up on Saturday in Mississauga with $300 worth Bonus pts.
Dec 6, 2012
24 posts
REGINA
i don't see the cancelling before 90 months clause in my contract at all as suggested by other users in this thread...does that mean i can cancel/put it on seasonal hold?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6392 posts
1983 upvotes
Mississauga
voteformebro wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 4:17 am
i don't see the cancelling before 90 months clause in my contract at all as suggested by other users in this thread...does that mean i can cancel/put it on seasonal hold?
Read it again.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1675 posts
844 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
There has to be a 90 day clause because it's written into the Koodo contract. Although some retailers don't even give you the contract and only give you the invoice. A Koodo agreement is suppose to be 4 pages long not including the retailers invoice.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer. Beware of their tactics.