Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Mobile Shop

KOODO LG G5 $120 Tab Small + $300 Gift YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2017 4:41 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
crukkh wrote: Was told that TMS won't accept *any*phone for $50 trade in, only phones that have *trade-in value*. This was a disappointment as when I bought my G5 during the 300,000 PC point weekend I was told otherwise. Anyone has any experience with this?
I only heard that some very lucky people get the $50 trade in when they ask TMS to do price match with Wow Mobile. It is not something that most people can get.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1990 posts
1047 upvotes
Winnipeg
Called Koodo and was able to put my account on seasonal hold today. Just told them I was going on vacation out of the country.
No issues whatsoever.
Lorenzo
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
2107 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
lorenzo1000 wrote: Called Koodo and was able to put my account on seasonal hold today. Just told them I was going on vacation out of the country.
No issues whatsoever.
I called on Friday and was declined, said it has to be active for 90 days, will try again tomorrow.
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Flashfood app
Swagbucks
Nov 5, 2009
103 posts
27 upvotes
No problems cancelling the plan after a week or so after signing up, only issue was holding for half an hour.

Rep verified only cost was the remaining $175+tax on my tab.

Phone unlocked easily with the EBay provider a couple pages back, code came in under an hour.

Net cost for my G5 was around $90
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2013
1220 posts
714 upvotes
Sauga
ronufoh wrote: No problems cancelling the plan after a week or so after signing up, only issue was holding for half an hour.

Rep verified only cost was the remaining $175+tax on my tab.

Phone unlocked easily with the EBay provider a couple pages back, code came in under an hour.

Net cost for my G5 was around $90
What happens if you have a referral credit being processed and you cancel after two weeks of activation
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Maplecountry wrote: What happens if you have a referral credit being processed and you cancel after two weeks of activation
It will take up to 8 weeks for Koodo to put the bill credit in your account. If you cancel after 2 weeks, you and your referrer will not get the bill credit.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
This deal is over,right?
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
immortal_kssss wrote: This deal is over,right?
It was over last Monday.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1954 posts
1477 upvotes
ronufoh wrote: No problems cancelling the plan after a week or so after signing up, only issue was holding for half an hour.
So if TMS was going go claw back the 300k pc plus points, how/when do you find out when or if that will happen?
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10044 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
adilh53 wrote: So if TMS was going go claw back the 300k pc plus points, how/when do you find out when or if that will happen?
i read somewhere that they will not claw back pc pts, but cash value of the pc pts instead will be added to the bills ...
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
adilh53 wrote: So if TMS was going go claw back the 300k pc plus points, how/when do you find out when or if that will happen?
ValueHunter999 wrote: i read somewhere that they will not claw back pc pts, but cash value of the pc pts instead will be added to the bills ...
Koodo, not TMS, will claw back the bonus and add the bonus amount to your final bill after cancelation.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
If it happens, you will see the charge on your Koodo bill. Since it is PC points, it will most likely on the bill 1 month later after the so called "final bill". I do not believe you will be charged in this case.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Jul 23, 2017
27 posts
49 upvotes
Was finally able to place mine on seasonal hold today.

Now just have to wait out the remainder of the 3 months.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2016
1006 posts
1243 upvotes
9613019 wrote:
If it happens, you will see the charge on your Koodo bill. Since it is PC points, it will most likely on the bill 1 month later after the so called "final bill". I do not believe you will be charged in this case.
Can anyone confirm that they have been or known someone who has been charged the cash value of the points after canceling for TMS, specifically?
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
4053 posts
1127 upvotes
North York
Kindly recommend a good case for LG G5. TIA
Nov 5, 2009
103 posts
27 upvotes
embguy wrote: Koodo, not TMS, will claw back the bonus and add the bonus amount to your final bill after cancelation.
The terms of the Koodo/TMS contracts signed for this promo only stipulate paying off the tab for cancellation. Rep that helped me cancel confirmed no other charges (aside from the few days pro-rated service)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
Searchin4deals wrote: Can anyone confirm that they have been or known someone who has been charged the cash value of the points after canceling for TMS, specifically?
Yes,myself,a year ago.
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2016
1006 posts
1243 upvotes
ronufoh wrote: The terms of the Koodo/TMS contracts signed for this promo only stipulate paying off the tab for cancellation. Rep that helped me cancel confirmed no other charges (aside from the few days pro-rated service)
Please update us when you receive final bill. TIA
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2909 posts
2565 upvotes
Surrey
I assume the pc points were supposed to show up right away on the pc account on sign up. Mobile shop receipt shows the points but there is nothing in my pic point account
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10044 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
ffonly wrote: I assume the pc points were supposed to show up right away on the pc account on sign up. Mobile shop receipt shows the points but there is nothing in my pic point account
yes, it should be immediate.

it happened to me and it took a few trips back to the TMS store and called the call center to finally resolved the issue.