• Oct 1st, 2017 4:41 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 5, 2004
111 posts
3 upvotes
embguy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 12:30 pm
You can pay $350 upfront and leave $10 tab. TMS will do that. You need to leave some money in your tab. Otherwise, you will be charged purchase out right price.
Got 1 at RCSS but missed this, shouldv'e saved more tax.
Happy Koodo Customer
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
6855 posts
7460 upvotes
bunmin wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 12:48 pm
The associate at the TMS booth took the $120 upfront cost and $10 SIM card price out of the 300k points. So, after taxes, I walked out up 150k points and didn't have to spend nickel.

Also, the contract I signed makes no mention of having to keep my account active for 90 days before cancelling. All it says is I can cancel at ANY time and just pay off my Tab balance. Any chance Koodo will honour this and not try to claw back the points if I try to cancel tomorrow?
Go through the spots that you had initial. Let us know whether your contract has the 90 days cancelation clause or not.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
1x Chatr(Mobilicity) $30 plan, 1x 7-11 Speakout, 2x Koodo $28 plan, $0 FPL home phone
1x Zoomer $36 plan, 1x Zoomer $94.50 family plan for 3 numbers, 1x Zoomer $16.20 plan
Mar 6, 2015
67 posts
126 upvotes
Fredericton, NB
9613019 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 12:54 pm
The condition is on Koodo's contract. It is YMMV.
I don't have that section on my Koodo contract.
Mar 6, 2015
67 posts
126 upvotes
Fredericton, NB
embguy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 12:55 pm
Go through the spots that you had initial. Let us know whether your contract has the 90 days cancelation clause or not.
Definitely not in the contract. I read the entire thing twice specifically looking for it after reading about that clause on here.
Jan 21, 2010
244 posts
140 upvotes
Brantford
This is a PC Plus offer that I have loaded into my account What are the odds that I can apply this at TMS?
Jul 29, 2007
402 posts
103 upvotes
North America
@bunmin You can try to cancel, but be aware they may charge you or claw back those gift cards.
They may not allow you to cancel without paying that back. Good luck though, tell us how it goes.

Side note: For those who didn't know about the referral, you can still get referral credit for yourself/your referree AFTER activation.
The system doesn't know if you signed up before or after the activation IF you use the "Word of Mouth" option...
Last edited by Saltywetguy on Aug 12th, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best RFD Purchases: Flight Deals, Cell/Laptops/Tablets, Clothing/Shoes.
Thanks to RFD for helping me with spending money, I feel so poor now!
Dec 26, 2003
768 posts
279 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
bunmin wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 1:08 pm
Definitely not in the contract. I read the entire thing twice specifically looking for it after reading about that clause on here.
Should look something like this in this line here

https://imgur.com/aHkgDSI
Images
  • koodo.jpg
Fido
Koodo
Jul 29, 2007
402 posts
103 upvotes
North America
jfd3220 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 1:12 pm
This is a PC Plus offer that I have loaded into my account What are the odds that I can apply this at TMS?
Try it, it should work. Is that linked to your PC Points Card or your PC Finanical Mastercard?
That'll be interesting, you can get $40 bucks back if you use it on the total cost of the phone.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
6855 posts
7460 upvotes
bunmin wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 1:07 pm
I don't have that section on my Koodo contract.
bunmin wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 1:08 pm
You are lucky. Since the clawback is not in your contract, you can cancel any time. If Koodo claws back the $300, file a complaint with ccts to get the money back. The TMS csr may have used an old Koodo contract.

If I am you, I will get a friend to check my contract before cancellation.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
1x Chatr(Mobilicity) $30 plan, 1x 7-11 Speakout, 2x Koodo $28 plan, $0 FPL home phone
1x Zoomer $36 plan, 1x Zoomer $94.50 family plan for 3 numbers, 1x Zoomer $16.20 plan
[OP]
Nov 26, 2016
35 posts
49 upvotes
bunmin wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 12:48 pm
The associate at the TMS booth took the $120 upfront cost and $10 SIM card price out of the 300k points. So, after taxes, I walked out up 150k points and didn't have to spend nickel.

Also, the contract I signed makes no mention of having to keep my account active for 90 days before cancelling. All it says is I can cancel at ANY time and just pay off my Tab balance. Any chance Koodo will honour this and not try to claw back the points if I try to cancel tomorrow?
You must have a Koodo contract from Mars. All Koodo contracts state VERY clearly on page 3 of your contract that any cancellations before 90 days and Koodo reserves the right to charge you the FULL value of any gifts (in this case $300 worth of PC Points).

As for the TMS employee using the points rightaway, you probably got lucky and dealt with a new hire or something. It was a fluke
Dec 23, 2008
785 posts
57 upvotes
Guelph
I got one today at TMS. I was also offered extra 1 year warranty for $50. So total of 2 year warranty, 1 year manufacture then 1 year store warranty. I have 14 days to think about this - not sure if I should get it.

I was also able to use $120 + $10 towards my PC Points, so its YMMV.
Mar 6, 2015
67 posts
126 upvotes
Fredericton, NB
Primetyme wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 1:15 pm

Should look something like this in this line here

https://imgur.com/aHkgDSI
embguy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 1:17 pm

You are lucky. Since the clawback is not in your contract, you can cancel any time. If Koodo claws back the $300, file a complaint with ccts to get the money back. The TMS csr may have used an old Koodo contract.

If I am you, I will get a friend to check my contract before cancellation.
mysttz wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 1:54 pm
You must have a Koodo contract from Mars. All Koodo contracts state VERY clearly on page 3 of your contract that any cancellations before 90 days and Koodo reserves the right to charge you the FULL value of any gifts (in this case $300 worth of PC Points).

As for the TMS employee using the points rightaway, you probably got lucky and dealt with a new hire or something. It was a fluke
I had two associates working on my service because they were having issues with their system communicating with Koodo's. One guy was definitely new, but the other was a supervisor and he was the one who said I could use the promo points upfront toward the initial costs.

As for my contract, here it is in full. Looks like the 90 days cancellation clause should be between How will I receive and view my bill? and Is there a trial period?. As you can see it's not there. And the cancellation section says I can cancel any time.
Images
  • Koodo-1.jpg
  • Koodo-2.jpg
  • Koodo-3.jpg
  • Koodo-4.jpg
Mar 7, 2011
21 posts
5 upvotes
Windsor, Ontario
I also got one of these at TMS inside RCSS. I wasn't charged tax and I was able to use the PC points to pay for the current charges. I left with the phone without paying anything, $240 on tab, and 176,000 PC points. I am extremely happy with that price.
Jul 30, 2016
166 posts
23 upvotes
I'm at TMS now to get G5. Any questions should I ask, any suggestions please....

Please....
Jul 29, 2007
402 posts
103 upvotes
North America
iamagtaguy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 3:00 pm
I'm at TMS now to get G5. Any questions should I ask, any suggestions please....

Please....
When you're done, please get a screenshot of your agreement, I want to know if there is NO 90 day clause!