Tags:
None
Jul 29, 2007
408 posts
104 upvotes
North America
bunmin wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 2:09 pm
I had two associates working on my service because they were having issues with their system communicating with Koodo's. One guy was definitely new, but the other was a supervisor and he was the one who said I could use the promo points upfront toward the initial costs.

As for my contract, here it is in full. Looks like the 90 days cancellation clause should be between How will I receive and view my bill? and Is there a trial period?. As you can see it's not there. And the cancellation section says I can cancel any time.
Wow, I just looked at my LG G4 contract and I have the 90 day cancellation clause....
haha, I knew I had that clause though, I did it a month and a half ago.
For you, you don't have the clause, I would try to cancel and see if they allow it...
Best RFD Purchases: Flight Deals, Cell/Laptops/Tablets, Clothing/Shoes.
Thanks to RFD for helping me with spending money, I feel so poor now!
Jun 6, 2010
153 posts
82 upvotes
bunmin wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 2:09 pm
I had two associates working on my service because they were having issues with their system communicating with Koodo's. One guy was definitely new, but the other was a supervisor and he was the one who said I could use the promo points upfront toward the initial costs.

As for my contract, here it is in full. Looks like the 90 days cancellation clause should be between How will I receive and view my bill? and Is there a trial period?. As you can see it's not there. And the cancellation section says I can cancel any time.
I have the same contract lmao I bought an S8 though. Funny enough I also had problems signing up because of something on Koodo's end.

I tried using the promo points toward the upfront cost but my csr said no :(
Jul 29, 2007
408 posts
104 upvotes
North America
iamagtaguy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 3:06 pm
Ok. Can I pay upfront cost with my PC points.
If you already have PC Points BEFORE you purchase it, then yes, you can use the points to pay for the tab.
Leave something behind for the tab at least $10 or more. Do the referral when you get home if you haven't done it already.
Jul 29, 2007
408 posts
104 upvotes
North America
LunaticHigh wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 3:11 pm
I have the same contract lmao I bought an S8 though. Funny enough I also had problems signing up because of something on Koodo's end.

I tried using the promo points toward the upfront cost but my csr said no :(
How much did yo upay for the S8? Hmm, without that clause - Are you cancelling right away ?
Sep 26, 2012
104 posts
25 upvotes
North York
I can also confirm that my contract from today does not have the "Are there conditions with any offers I receive from Koodo?" section. My G4 contract from a couple weeks ago does have this section and it had to be initialled. The rest of the contract is pretty much identical with the exception of some wording which is slightly different (but with the same meaning).
Jun 6, 2010
153 posts
82 upvotes
Saltywetguy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 3:12 pm
How much did yo upay for the S8? Hmm, without that clause - Are you cancelling right away ?
$504 on tab and $200 upfront + $10 for sim (no tax on the upfront costs)

I had 90k points that I used to pay upfront but they gave me 100k points after :D

and yeah without that clause I'm going to have a fun time with any difficult Koodo reps when I call in lol
Jul 29, 2007
408 posts
104 upvotes
North America
monarchwest wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 3:18 pm
I can also confirm that my contract from today does not have the "Are there conditions with any offers I receive from Koodo?" section. My G4 contract from a couple weeks ago does have this section and it had to be initialled. The rest of the contract is pretty much identical with the exception of some wording which is slightly different (but with the same meaning).
Woo hoo! Time to get me a couple of G5's and maybe use the G4's as my backup phones...
Now, to find TMS that has stock! Trying to cancel will be "fun" haha...
Oct 19, 2007
937 posts
130 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
Same contract here without the 90 days clause... Will be cancelling soon, I'm really curious how they'll argue about this
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2191 posts
221 upvotes
North York
Two Questions:
1) What is the difference between Small Tab/medium tab/cash payment? Am I right in assuming that if I paid cash right away, there would be no tax - as it is tax free day?
2) is G5 Wind compatible? At the store another buyer said only G4 was Wind compatible and not G5. The salesperson did not confirm either way.

TIA
Jul 29, 2007
408 posts
104 upvotes
North America
sheriffabc wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 3:45 pm
Two Questions:
1) What is the difference between Small Tab/medium tab/cash payment? Am I right in assuming that if I paid cash right away, there would be no tax - as it is tax free day?
2) is G5 Wind compatible? At the store another buyer said only G4 was Wind compatible and not G5. The salesperson did not confirm either way.

TIA
1) There IS no difference if you go for any of the TAB's, the main thing you want is the Small tab as the monthly bill is cheaper!
2) I checked https://willmyphonework.net/ and some other sites - the LG G5 H831 model will work with Freedom Mobile
Dec 26, 2003
788 posts
287 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Saltywetguy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 3:04 pm
When you're done, please get a screenshot of your agreement, I want to know if there is NO 90 day clause!
I'm guessing they used an older agreement by accident. Or it's specific to the province. Maybe other people from NB can chime in on their experience.
Fido
Koodo
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2191 posts
221 upvotes
North York
Saltywetguy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 3:55 pm
1) There IS no difference if you go for any of the TAB's, the main thing you want is the Small tab as the monthly bill is cheaper!
2) I checked https://willmyphonework.net/ and some other sites - the LG G5 H831 model will work with Freedom Mobile
Thanks. What about the tax component as today is tax free at TMS?
Sep 26, 2012
104 posts
25 upvotes
North York
sheriffabc wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 4:02 pm
Thanks. What about the tax component as today is tax free at TMS?
If possible try to see if the agent lets you pay most of the tab portion upfront so you will not pay tax on it. This is YMMV.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)