[Loblaws] The Mobile Shop - Virgin HTC One S $0 + $150 Tab + $75 GC Voice Only

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2013 11:53 am
Dec 26, 2004
615 posts
93 upvotes
Mississauga
Got one for $0 + $75 GC +$150 tab.....thanks OP

I want to use this with Fido, should I call them to cancel the account and pay off the tab balance or transfer to prepaid first and then pay off the tab balance?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2007
2066 posts
327 upvotes
Ottawa
israhell wrote:
Dec 8th, 2012 3:29 pm
That's basically what the rep in Ottawa told me as well. I think this deal may be DOA... :(
which Ottawa location did u call
Aug 1, 2012
516 posts
38 upvotes
Mississauga
netusername wrote:
Dec 8th, 2012 6:52 pm
Does this work with wind?
No, this one doesn't have the AWS band so no Wind/Mobi.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2008
1768 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
wow that's a great deal...
© 2015
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
1928 posts
527 upvotes
London
They just dropped price on One S and Galaxy Nexus, so they're getting cleared out obviously. $0 + some kind of tab on each phone, depending on plan picked.
Sep 7, 2010
359 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
netusername wrote:
Dec 8th, 2012 6:52 pm
Does this work with wind?
Yes, it should.
jansh84 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2012 7:12 pm
No, this one doesn't have the AWS band so no Wind/Mobi.
Actually, yes it does. You can check the Mobilicity website and it's one of the smart phones they sell.
Jan 11, 2002
264 posts
41 upvotes
Has this been confirmed as the HTC One S and not One V? Could someone post a receipt please?
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2008
1768 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
cruzine wrote:
Dec 8th, 2012 11:50 pm
Yes, it should.

Actually, yes it does. You can check the Mobilicity website and it's one of the smart phones they sell.
No it doesn't. Just because they all sell it doesn't mean they have the same model.

BTW now that I think about it this deal is way too good to be true. The value of the One S is $399, it's impossible for them to sell it for $0 on a $150 tab because that kind of tab just discounts the price directly off the phone onto the tab. The VMobile website shows that they are selling it for $0 on the Supertab (which has a balance of $400), so it would make sense that Mobile Shop is offering the same deal with a GC.

If I'm wrong I will gladly eat crow
© 2015
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
4104 posts
339 upvotes
Thornhill / North Yo…
As for wind/mobi compatibility, I heard that there's some firmware you can flash to enable aws support.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
3597 posts
498 upvotes
BC
junot111 wrote:
Dec 9th, 2012 12:50 am
No it doesn't. Just because they all sell it doesn't mean they have the same model.

BTW now that I think about it this deal is way too good to be true. The value of the One S is $399, it's impossible for them to sell it for $0 on a $150 tab because that kind of tab just discounts the price directly off the phone onto the tab. The VMobile website shows that they are selling it for $0 on the Supertab (which has a balance of $400), so it would make sense that Mobile Shop is offering the same deal with a GC.

If I'm wrong I will gladly eat crow
Guess you haven't seen the multiple Galaxy S2 threads where the phone is +$400 on Virgin, but $150 tab at Best Buy / Future Shop. In fact, you can even exploit that further and bring it down to the sub $100 range if you consider gift cards + points
Also the Virgin website isn't an accurate representation of the actual cost of the phone because they would cannibalize their distribution partners (Best Buy etc) if they offered better pricing than them.

All in all, it's entirely possible for it to be at this price point.
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2003
1166 posts
121 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I can confirm this deal. Both me and my brother got one earlier today. Paid $0 up front, got $75 GC and tab shows 150. Signed up for the $40 unlimited voice only plan. Will call Virgin tomorrow and switch to prepaid. Awesome deal, thanks OP!

PS: there's basically no stock in the Mississauga/Brampton area. We picked up the last two at Gerogetown location and were lucky to get those.

Edit: forgot to mention that most of the stores I called didn't even know about the deal and said the tab was whatever Virgin's website said. I had to ask them to do a dummy sale in their system using the voice only plan to confirm the deal.
Jan 11, 2002
264 posts
41 upvotes
Thanks.

Has anyone seen this in Vancouver?
Dec 8, 2012
37 posts
33 upvotes
Canada
Deal confirmed at all Mobile Shop locations in BC

$400 device value
$200 agreement credit
$50 credit from Mobile Shop

= $150 tab

$0 in-store

on top of that they give you $75 gift card to the superstore which is awesome.

Hope this helps
× < >