None
Banned
Jan 26, 2011
762 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
WL1980 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2012 4:53 pm
My HTC amaze 4G keeps switching between H and 3G. Why is that.
That's normal. Your phone displays H when it's actively using your data connection. It'll switch back to 3G to conserve battery when your data is idle.
WARNING: I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR NON DEAL POSTERS. CHECK OUT MY RFD T-SHIRT. I AM THE DEAL MASTER.
Banned
Jan 26, 2011
762 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
ludhi wrote:
Nov 1st, 2012 5:07 pm
wtf , so mobilicity is 4g now?
I got my htc amaze this summer and still i get the 3g bar light up?
what am i doing wrong here, guys?
Not 4G. It's HSPA+, which could also be called 3.5G.

Your phone will continue to show the 3G indicator.
WARNING: I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR NON DEAL POSTERS. CHECK OUT MY RFD T-SHIRT. I AM THE DEAL MASTER.
Apr 18, 2004
498 posts
63 upvotes
shame on Mobilicity

Today I received an email from them saying they bump up the speed to 21M
then I tested my Nexus S speed, you see what ,the highest speed I get is 0.21m lowest is only 0.09m
compare 1.5m before

sheppard / Birchmount

what is hell?
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
26844 posts
405 upvotes
Ottawa
Chi-tel wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 1:06 pm
....what is hell?
/*silent chuckle...
●unlim CDN air&msging●unlim Global SMS●CD/VM●6Gb●$50
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Jul 16, 2006
252 posts
36 upvotes
Chi-tel wrote:
shame on Mobilicity

then I tested my Nexus S speed, you see what ,the highest speed I get is 0.21m lowest is only 0.09m
compare 1.5m before

sheppard / Birchmount

what is hell?
had similar experiences in scarborough area. slower than it was 2 months ago.
root out the evil in canadian internet : http://goo.gl/ALD54
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2012
1825 posts
182 upvotes
same goes for Windy mobile. Say it's unlimited but it's actually 5GB and then after that they slow you down to 32kilobytes / sec. Meaning it's going to take literally a minute to load up an image intensive page or YEARS to download a gig.

How is it even unlimited if after the 5GB you can only use it at dial up speed?
Nov 3, 2009
481 posts
113 upvotes
Calgary
roggers wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 4:12 pm
same goes for Windy mobile. Say it's unlimited but it's actually 5GB and then after that they slow you down to 32kilobytes / sec. Meaning it's going to take literally a minute to load up an image intensive page or YEARS to download a gig.

How is it even unlimited if after the 5GB you can only use it at dial up speed?
But wind's speed is way faster than mobi. I live in Calgary and I used 25-2 BTS Plan with Mobi before. I was great but ever since their upgrade the speed and ping is horrible! Horrible means you won't be able to do anything on their network even if you want to open google.ca, it will take you 2 minutes to load sometime!

Also if you are going to reach the 5GB limit on your mobile phone, go and get a wired lane. Buy a cheap router on the boxing day. Unlimited doesn't mean abuse the network and slow down the whole network.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2046 posts
785 upvotes
Woodbridge
seems to be comparing to USA network deals, Unlimited data but speeds slow down once you pass 10, 20 gb etc..
Go Big or Go Home! , Chi Chi Get the Yayo!
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
2163 posts
179 upvotes
I think a lot of people don't understand that in order to get the HSPA+ speeds, you need an HSPA+ enabled phone. Here are some speed tests I did on my galaxy nexus on Mobilicity with the premium data add on. I streamed Gattaca from crackle as well without any buffering issues. These are from West Mississauga btw. I also tested from different servers, and it generally gave me 3 mb/s - 6.5 mb/s. It slowed down slightly from 5-7 pm down to around 2.5 mb/s to 4.5 mb/s.

Nov 3, 2009
481 posts
113 upvotes
Calgary
hi-tech wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 5:26 pm
I think a lot of people don't understand that in order to get the HSPA+ speeds, you need an HSPA+ enabled phone. Here are some speed tests I did on my galaxy nexus on Mobilicity with the premium data add on. I streamed Gattaca from crackle as well without any buffering issues. These are from West Mississauga btw. I also tested from different servers, and it generally gave me 3 mb/s - 6.5 mb/s. It slowed down slightly from 5-7 pm down to around 2.5 mb/s to 4.5 mb/s.
Yes but your ping value is @#$!%$^#%^

Anyway, my max dn is 2.7MBPS. Never passed 3. I also checked my signal db, always ranging from -90 to -72. Right now I'm with Wind, the DN speed is 4.2MBPS and the ping is only 37ms. (Server in Edmonton.) Also signal level is ranging from -70 to -50 (I will get sightly better signal at home than at work.)

Mobilicity was so good! Right now it's a joke.
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
11406 posts
2097 upvotes
Toronto
Chi-tel wrote:
shame on Mobilicity

compare 1.5m before

sheppard / Birchmount

what is hell?
To be honest, if you are looking for faster data, go to Wind. I read on hofo that wind is bringing back their version of BTS starting tomorrow.
× < >